Bleach Thread

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Kickass Form
Kickass Theme
Kickass Speech
Kickass Film

It may not be the best form (only beaten by H2), nor canon, but it still deserves to be acknowledged damn it. :awesome

unknown.png

Oh yeah, here are the other VIZ Media Interviews, including one with Kubo Tite full out mentioning new scenes, both story and battle wise and the interview with Uryu's VA:

Hopefully that last part means Uryu will matter a little more in his actual arc.

So Klub Outside was further updated but I'll the truly interesting questions here:

Q387:
Could it be that Engetsu is actually not Isshin's Zanpakuto, but actually another Shinigami's? Like maybe it belongs to one of the Five Great Noble Families? Is the reason why no Shinigami noticed the connection to Isshin after seeing Ichigo use Getsuga Tensho because Isshin's Engetsu is known as a fire type while the Getsuga Tensho ability releases condensed reiatsu in the form of an energy slash?
A387:
The reasons for why no other Shinigami thought about Isshin after witnessing Getsuga Tensho are as follows:
- Isshin's Getsuga Tensho is different from Ichigo's, in that it is a close ranged attack in which both fire and reiatsu are released in the form of a slash.
- Captains don't have any chances of learning about each other's named techniques outside of fighting together on the battlefield and training together.
- During the Soul Society arc, Ichigo only ever speaks the name of his technique in front of Byakuya.

Honestly? I can buy this... no seriously, I can. Izuru had no fucking clue of Rangiku's Shikai which lead to his defeat in the Soul Society Arc, Kenpachi Zaraki had no idea of either of Komamura's or Tousen's Shikai or Bankai, Renji only seen Byakuya's Shikai and that was due to him being with him for years and the number of Captains and Lieutenants that even know each others Shikai and Bankai are hilariously thin.

Isshin's Getsuga Tenshou in the Anime and Manga... at first comes off similar to Ichigo's... except he wasn't using Engetsu against Aizen vs. when we saw him actually use Shikai against White. In Bleach: Brave Souls, Engetsu is actually coated in fire in his art for the game:
maxresdefault.jpg

So it makes sense that his version of Getsuga Tenshou in Shikai is vastly different than Ichigo's... but even IF we say that he still can use the normal variant, the ONLY people would see him ever do one closest to Ichigo's is Rangiku and Hitsugaya, who never seen Ichigo until after the Soul Society mess has finished and even then, only truly connected the dots when they visited Ichigo's home(Where Kubo stated that's when they sensed Isshin, their former Captain).

And as Kubo said at the cherry on top, Ichigo only ever used Getsuga Tenshou by name at Byakuya, he may have used it against Renji but it was a nameless slash with far less power attached to it. So there's no one who would be able to connect the dots whatsoever... smooth answer Kubo... smooth answer.

Q389:
I'd like to know how Shutara Senjumaru got promoted to the Royal Guard. What did she create? At first I thought it must've been the Shihakusho that landed her the promotion, but I don't really see it as being that important to garner her such an opportunity.
A389:
It's actually the Shihakusho.

Okay this one is funny but it does make sense it's the Shihakusho that made Shutara a Royal Guard Member considering creating the Zanpaktou made Ogetsu a Royal Guard Member, so why not the clothes for Shutara as well?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
So Klub Outside was further updated but I'll the truly interesting questions here:

Honestly? I can buy this... no seriously, I can. Izuru had no fucking clue of Rangiku's Shikai which lead to his defeat in the Soul Society Arc, Kenpachi Zaraki had no idea of either of Komamura's or Tousen's Shikai or Bankai, Renji only seen Byakuya's Shikai and that was due to him being with him for years and the number of Captains and Lieutenants that even know each others Shikai and Bankai are hilariously thin.

Isshin's Getsuga Tenshou in the Anime and Manga... at first comes off similar to Ichigo's... except he wasn't using Engetsu against Aizen vs. when we saw him actually use Shikai against White. In Bleach: Brave Souls, Engetsu is actually coated in fire in his art for the game:
maxresdefault.jpg

So it makes sense that his version of Getsuga Tenshou in Shikai is vastly different than Ichigo's... but even IF we say that he still can use the normal variant, the ONLY people would see him ever do one closest to Ichigo's is Rangiku and Hitsugaya, who never seen Ichigo until after the Soul Society mess has finished and even then, only truly connected the dots when they visited Ichigo's home(Where Kubo stated that's when they sensed Isshin, their former Captain).

And as Kubo said at the cherry on top, Ichigo only ever used Getsuga Tenshou by name at Byakuya, he may have used it against Renji but it was a nameless slash with far less power attached to it. So there's no one who would be able to connect the dots whatsoever... smooth answer Kubo... smooth answer.

Okay this one is funny but it does make sense it's the Shihakusho that made Shutara a Royal Guard Member considering creating the Zanpaktou made Ogetsu a Royal Guard Member, so why not the clothes for Shutara as well?
Doesn't this kinda contradict the fact that in order to become a captain you have to show off your bankai to them? Or did Aizen just go that route in order to put them under hypnosis?

Doesn't this kinda contradict the fact that in order to become a captain you have to show off your bankai to them? Or did Aizen just go that route in order to put them under hypnosis?

Remember, there are 3 Methods to become a Captain, not one. Aizen only did the 1st method, the other 2 are(But I will list the 3rd one too)
  1. Captain Proficiency Test (隊首, taishu): A test which requires the ability to perform Bankai. Nearly all Shinigami become captains using this method. At least three existing captains, including the Captain-Commander, have to witness the test.
  2. Personal Recommendation: To have personal recommendations from at least six captains and approval from at least three of the remaining seven.
  3. Trial by Combat: To defeat a captain in one-on-one combat with at least 200 witnesses from the captain's division. This method is seen as being the exceedingly rarest and the least refined of the three. The method is commonly looked down upon by some captains as barbaric compared to the other refined methods. This method allows one to bypass having the mastery of Bankai or other possible abilities which a captain would otherwise be required to have knowledge of, for it allows no judgment from captains who would require those skills as a prerequisite to join their ranks. Though rare in other Divisions, the Eleventh Division has been set up to exclusively utilize this method, with each captain attaining their rank by killing the predecessor.[15]

And yes, this was brought up in the Soul Society Arc so it's not something Kubo pulled out of his ass as remember, Kenpachi Zaraki became a Captain by killing the previous one and Urahara was made a Captain through Personal Recommendation in Turn Back The Pendulum.

Nothing showed you need to use your Shikai or Bankai in Personal Recommendation or Trial By Combat(especially if you outpower your opponent hardcore like Zaraki did).

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Huh, I didn't think the first to were mutually exclusive, I thought that what was needed was Bankai and recommendation. Also doesn't the third way only apply to squad 11?

Huh, I didn't think the first to were mutually exclusive, I thought that what was needed was Bankai and recommendation. Also doesn't the third way only apply to squad 11?

Yes, the first two are not mutually exclusive by any means(Aizen explicitly used the 1st Method to get everyone into Kyoka Suigetsu and Urahara used the 2nd method). Don't forget that Yourichi actually has a TERRIBLE relationship with her Zanpaktou and that's why she never uses it in any fashion, yet she's still made Captain regardless.

The 3rd Method isn't actually JUST for Squad 11, anyone can do it, it's just that Squad 11 has it as a principle that you must defeat the previous Kenpachi in combat to be the Captain of Squad 11.

Back