• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
@seth And like clockwork, the retardation is back in full fucking force...

All this MR talk about how it makes magic useless...
You do know that Wodime wiped the shit out of us with his magecraft right? Aka something 'supernatural'? If MR just made it useless we would have tanked him regardless of what he tried. Yes, he throws murder meteors at people, but thats still him using his magecraft to do it.
Not like MR would stop TGOALID boosting another spell considering it explicitly bypasses resistances, and from what I can tell, Victim's super paralysis effect also bypasses resistances.

You know what the honestly most depressing part of this thread is? I don't think I've seen a single person actually discuss the feats of the Round Table, just people arguing about how they obviously stomp, bickering about the levels of magecraft, and arguing about how someone who was clearly bisected actually wasn't. Its inane and pointless really.

So maybe, like, people should give feats for the Round Table? I'm well aware of what they can do, but maybe the people arguing for them could helpfully supply feats on how they dont get paralyzed by Victim and why its an 'obvious stomp'.

They are actually trying to compare Animus fucking Animusphere, a Magecraft that is effectively worthless in anything but the Greek Lostbelt due to precisely how it works, needed to further get full into the Texture and Mystery that makes it truly potent and is on the fucking level of Lostbelt Fucking Zeus... to Overlord's Magic System and why Servants should be able to be affected by their magic.

Like holy shit, the game even points out how powerful he is consistently... and this dude has the BALLS to say that Overlord should be able to work..
...I am legit about to have an aneurysm from sheer stupidity.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
>Dabi literally just killed Anna
>Actually believe Dabi's speed matters to a girl who was able to create a virtual Ice Age over an entire Country for potentially days to years.
These people are so fucking stupid, I swear...
Elsa isn't even slow considering she can react to the Water Spirit's attacks so (to my knowledge anyway) nothing in MHA has a snowball's chance in hell against her. Especially Ice Spirit Elsa who INSTANTLY flash froze a MASSIVE tidal wave, then dispersed it to nothing just as quickly.

Revenge would be a dish best served cold in this scenario. :maybe

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
@OtherGalaxy look what got bumped

:mjlol

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
@OtherGalaxy look what got bumped

:mjlol
oldman.jpg

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/heavens-ascension-dio-vs-yhwach.998856/
I'm not an expert on Jojo... but version of DIO is the 1 that outclass GER, right? Which is the bare minimum to fight with the Allmighty

That been sad, even readying the wiki, i can find a way for DIo to win. His haxs are really good but nothing that seems capable to actually take down the BS that is the AM. And he doen't even have concept manipulation, so that definitly put him in an hard spot.

:giogio

I can't even read this shit anymore, this is legit insulting, like straight the fuck up insulting.
I have never seen so much blanket downplaying of Fate by people who should know better and the absolutely retarded wanking from Overlord.
Like I can't even say anything else but this is a fucking travesty and this should be used as a monument for how terrible at debating Spacebattles is.

Holmes needed his NP against the primordial death rune. We've also never seen normal runes, and given servants interactions with other ID stuff (e.g. Zabinya, Eresh, Benkei, etc) I doubt it's a "all servants can resist it gg".
:espurrtf
I swear to God they better hope that topic gets closed before I get unbanned...
The Noble Phantasm that Sherlock Holmes ended up possessing when he is materialized as a Heroic Spirit and Servant. It is his own Origin – “Elucidation” – sublimated as a Noble Phantasm.

Even if the enigma he faces is truly an existence that is impossible to explain, the clues and the path for its explanation will “appear” to Holmes’ advantage so that he can finally arrive at the truth of it without fail. For instance, even if there was a treasure chest where its key was lost, said key will turn out to be “not lost.” It reaches the point that the key can certainly be discovered in someplace in the world. (But as one would expect, it will not do things such as making the key suddenly appear in the middle of his hand. Wherever it may be located, Holmes and his collaborators must make efforts to find it.)

It is primarily a Noble Phantasm of the Constantly Invoked-Type, but Holmes can perform its True Name Release in “Fate/Grand Order”. At the moment of its True Name Release, an unidentified “sphere” makes its appearance, releasing a dazzling light on the surrounding areas. It weakens the enemy camp and strengthens the allied camp. Even if the opponent is supposed to be unbeatable, Holmes will always discover a path to victory and the truth for the sake of defeating them.

Holmes does not speak of what this “sphere” is. Is it an object that concretely expresses his Origin, or is it an object solidified as the memory of his once close friend? Or perhaps, is it no more than a distraction done for the purpose of concealing “What is Sherlock Holmes actually doing?”————

Moreover, this Noble Phantasm’s name is one of the famous phrases associated with Holmes, but its first instance as Holmes’ catchphrase was actually not in Doyle’s stories, but in the stage play starred/scripted/produced by William Gillette. It is said that Doyle praised the Holmes played by Gillette with the statement “He is better than the one in my stories.” Incidentally, Holmes has remarked the word “Elementary” towards Watson in Doyle’s short story “The Adventure of the Crooked Man”, and Gillette got the idea of the phrase from that.

Yes, a "Defensive" Noble Phantasm that does absolutely nothing defensive and only buffs your strength... which he used AFTER he was already cut by Sigurd
Despite Holmes buffing Mash and Ritsuka with Elementary, My Dear(though not at full power) and Ritsuka's Command Spell(on top of all of their mana), Mash's strike ultimately did no serious damage to Sigurd Surtr. Full Video of the Second Battle here.

No fucking wonder people talk about "Flowery Language" if they can't even understand basic scene composition!

If we are stacking shit like that then overlords chain would go;

Elim maybe idk > Galid > Immunity > Staff boosted necromancy effects > Top tier resistance > Top tier death spells > Guardian armors resistance > normal death spells
With high level magic nullification also randomly falling in there - either above, on par with, or below the Guardian armors resistance.

So that's... 6 layers? For galid. At a minimum.

Ainz would still be dead before any of those even truly take effect because again Mordred and Artoria has Instinct... I love how this skill gets ignored despite it would blatantly tell them that Ainz is a major threat that needs to die now...

Overlord is just a bootleg D&D that wishes their characters were as strong high-level adventurers. Overlord might have similar spells and mechanics, but their feats are trash unless you use that crossover collaboration. If their "Nuclear Blast" 9th level spell that took out a quarter of a town is their best feat, that is pathetic for D&D standards. D&D has 7th level spells that can create gigantic temples and mansions, 8th level spells like Control Weather, Tsunami, and Earthquake. Even Re:Zero has better feats, like Reinhard in one of the bad ends destroying and recreating the entire world with a single swing of his sword.

Overlord is just a bootleg D&D that wishes their characters were as strong high-level adventurers. Overlord might have similar spells and mechanics, but their feats are trash unless you use that crossover collaboration. If their "Nuclear Blast" 9th level spell that took out a quarter of a town is their best feat, that is pathetic for D&D standards. D&D has 7th level spells that can create gigantic temples and mansions, 8th level spells like Control Weather, Tsunami, and Earthquake. Even Re:Zero has better feats, like Reinhard in one of the bad ends destroying and recreating the entire world with a single swing of his sword.

Remember, that was AFTER the use of an Extra "Expand Radius" skill at that.
The spells in Overlord are honestly terrible and I say that as a fan of Season 1. They think because it has spells from D&D, they should 100% translate over despite the fact that in story, they very much don't.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but are you guys absolutely certain that Overlord is really as unimpressive as you all say it is, or are you guys becoming just like SB when it comes to Fate? Yes especially you xhom. Something something, abyss staring back.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but are you guys absolutely certain that Overlord is really as unimpressive as you all say it is, or are you guys becoming just like SB when it comes to Fate? Yes especially you xhom. Something something, abyss staring back.
Best feat I've been able to find skimming respect threads was freezing a 40 km in diameter lake to an unknown depth which was depicted as a shallow freeze in the anime. That was super tier magic, which apparently has a protracted casting time.

Can say this much, having watched the anime, nothing trumped him freezing the lake there. Unless volumes 10-14 cover something significant, that won't change.

It's not a matter of calling outlier on stronger shit and throwing it to the floor like they have a tendency to do, its that the ceiling presented is vastly lower than the ceiling presented in franchise they like to throw it against. The feat I mentioned above is dime a dozen megatons to maybe gigatons depending on actual depth. That's piss in Fate from even its middle end feats across the franchise.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Overlord Volume 4 Chapter 1 said:
Azellerisia Mountains - the mountain range separating the Baharuth Empire and the Kingdom of Re-Estize, which also served as the national border. The Great Forest of Tove covered the mountain range’s southern foothills and to the north of the forest lay an enormous lake.
This enormous lake had a radius of approximately twenty kilometers, and was shaped like an inverted calabash, divided into the upper lake and the lower lake. The upper lake was relatively deep, hence large creatures gathered there while the lower lake was inhabited by smaller creatures.

At the southern end of the lower lake was a large region where the lake and the wetlands blended into each other. Multiple structures had been built there, with a dozen wooden stilts serving as a foundation for each one. A door opened at the side of one of these houses, and its owner entered the sunlight.

His demi-human race was known as lizardmen.
Overlord Volume 4 Chapter 4 said:
What exactly was this Overlord of Death attempting to do?
The lizardmen which were nervously watching this Magic Caster let out a panicked sound altogether. At this moment, an enormous hemisphere-shaped magic array approximately ten metres in diameter expanded outwards with the magic caster at the centre.
A blue and white radiance floated on the surface of the magic array, with semi-translucent markings which looked like it could be words or symbols. Those semi-translucent markings were rapidly changing, and at any given moment none of the words were the same.
Being unable to understand what exactly it was, Zaryusu felt confused.
When a magic caster was casting magic, one would not project it into the air like he did with the magic array. The opponent’s current movements were already beyond Zaryusu’s area of knowledge, therefore he turned to the female lizardman here who was the most familiar with magic and asked:
“What exactly is that?”
“I-I don’t know. I cannot figure out what that is either—”
Crusch’s reply was a bit terrified. It looked like she was even more frightened because she possessed knowledge about magic yet was unable to understand that behaviour.
Just at the moment that Zaryusu was planning to comfort her…
Not knowing if the magic had successfully activated, the magic array broke apart, becoming numerous light particles flying towards the sky. In the next instant— like there had been an explosion in the sky, the particles spread out—
And the lake… completely froze.

Not a single person could understand what exactly had happened.
Shasuryu who was a tribe leader with outstanding qualifications; Crusch who had extraordinary druid powers; even Zaryusu the traveller who had seen much and had a wide breadth of knowledge. Even these individuals, who within lizardmen history could be considered to possess miraculous abilities, could not immediately comprehend the current situation.
No way of understanding why their own feet were inside ice.
Before long— after enough time had passed for the brain to accept the situation before their eyes— a crying rang out—

Every lizardmen— indeed, everybody let out a lamenting cry.
Even Zaryusu was the same. Crusch and Shasuryu, and even the most courageous Zenberu, were no exception. As if terror crept out from the depths of their souls, everybody could not help but scream.
This fact laid out before their eyes was simply too terrifying. The lake, which absolutely would never freeze over, which had never frozen over ever since the moment of their birth, was apparently frozen solid.
The lizardmen frantically lifted their feet. Luckily the layer of ice was not thick, and broke immediately, but the broken areas immediately froze up again.
A chilling cold vapour came from underneath, making it painfully obvious that this sight was not an illusion.

After Zaryusu agitatedly clambered up the mud wall, he immediately surveyed the surroundings, then was stunned into silence by what he saw from his widened point of view.
Everything in his field of vision was completely frozen over.
Indeed, it was inconceivable to imagine that such an enormous lake would be entirely frozen solid. However, this radiating ice which covered everything in sight was also reality.

One corner of Zaryusu’s mind was also worried about the situation of his fish farm, but now was not the time to be worried about such things.
"Please wait a minute— will this ice melt away?"
Regardless of who won or lost, with the lake frozen, the lizardmen would find it very difficult to survive.

"... Ah, I almost forgot."
Saying that he had forgotten. This airy attitude of Ainz surfaced in his reply.
"I only wished not to dirty myself with the wetlands mud as I walked, which is why, after returning to the shore, the magic effect will be dispelled."
"What!"
Zaryusu and Shasuryu were shocked into silence, and questioned if they had heard wrongly.
He froze the lake simply because he did not wish to get dirty?
This was no longer at the level of being hard to believe. The opponent's strength was simply too overwhelming, even able to easily change the force of nature, and furthermore for such a silly reason.
So it turned out that they were opposing such a powerful being— Zaryusu and Shasuryu both felt the same fear as a child would being all alone.
"Until next time, lizardmen— 「Portal」."
Feeling that everything that needed to be said was said, Ainz stretched out his hand and gave it a gentle wave, and a dark hemisphere appeared in front of the throne. Next, he jumped into that darkness.
Overlord Volume 4 Chapter 5 said:
He used the Super-tier magic ‘The Creation’ that could only be used four times a day after all. If that didn’t work, nothing else would.
“Demiurge, how long would it take to find out exactly how large the frozen area is?”

“We have already started to do so, but progress is slow as the area is wider than expected. Please grant us more time.”

Ainz stopped Demiurge who was about to kneel. Ainz covered his mouth with his bony finger and thought. The area of effect being larger than expected could be considered a success in terms of magical experimentations.

‘The Creation’ is a Super-tier magic that could change the terrain itself. In YGGDRASIL, it was used to guard against the heat of volcanoes or the cold of freezing lands.

It was possible to show their might without using Super-tier magic.

Unrelated to this deployment, Ainz had always wanted to perform this experiment in determining the area of effect. ‘The Creation’ was a magic that had an amazingly large area of effect, and could cover the entire 8th floor in Ainz's experiment inside Nazarick. But it wasn’t clear what effect it would have in the world outside.

In YGGDRASIL the spell effect could cover an ‘Area’, but how big would an ‘Area’ be in this world? Ainz wanted to find out. If it could cover an entire plain, that would be too big.

Similarly, freezing the entire lake was going overboard.
Care should be taken when using Super-tier magic.

That's what I was able to find specifically for it.

He can only use a spell of this caliber 4 times a day too? Would have thought he'd have more MP than that. :hm

Yeah, I'm absolutely certain of it as well. Alot of what they pluck from Overlord they try and specifically use from Dungeons and Dragons itself because the spells primarily come from Dungeons and Dragons(But we never see how they work because yeah, the story states that Ainz has over 700 spells and no author is gonna go that deep over it).
One of the "best feats" I heard was that a "Nuclear Explosion" spell that included an "Expand Radius" boost... either only wiped out an okay chunk of a town and not even the entire town at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back