• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
the original scarlet king lore was extremely edgy but sort of the point of it was that the foundation themselves would sink to unspeakable evils to keep the world safe

not a fan of all the extra cthulhu knockoff shit they added, it was better as a mysterious cult that would randomly get unconnected lore to build it up years later

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Hakai absolutely is tied to power. If you’re strong enough, you can resist it. How do you think Vegeta punched his way through one?

Zamasu freaked out over nothing, we already know it wouldn’t have killed him. He underestimated his own immortality (and he wasn’t stronger than Goku, they were about even)
I'd argue that's more just Trashtaro and Lazeyama being terrible writers here, honestly. Zamasu should've known it wouldn't be able to do anything to him, and it shouldn't have had any effect to begin with by your logic. Instead, Goku's discount Hakai erased half of his ass, and the only reason it didn't fully, was because the nigga took a hostage. Without that, discount Hakai would've smoked him, going off that scene, which is a direct contradiction regardless to what manga Beerus stated about Hakai not working on immortals.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
being an scp fan at all kinda sucks now lol

they can deny it all they want but the current crop of writers are pretty much just writing suggsverse tier shit

3812 is like one step away from being as bad as suggsverse, and that's something an actual good author wrote

the old stuff was so much fun, they lost the plot

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
>Tfw Scarlet Queen gets oneshot by the Juggernaut.
CkTKdvzrnqAhHJJ88Yrx5E3L0zYclfwHanugWAr43_XUaQKFbGcS09blTUHmGkM0ioc0ThpXLILZVReSE2hJnUI9jBKJd0Htq7hXwo5uR6_FYlcF8Swo9AHRU8GvxmQJaQvec2sMDgY=s0

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'd argue that's more just Trashtaro and Lazeyama being terrible writers here, honestly. Zamasu should've known it wouldn't be able to do anything to him, and it shouldn't have had any effect to begin with by your logic. Instead, Goku's discount Hakai erased half of his ass, and the only reason it didn't fully, was because the nigga took a hostage. Without that, discount Hakai would've smoked him, going off that scene, which is a direct contradiction regardless to what manga Beerus stated about Hakai not working on immortals.
Zamasu can still explode into tiny pieces, his body isn’t entirely invincible (for the manga). It wouldn’t have erased him entirely because he would have just came back. That’s the thing

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Zamasu can still explode into tiny pieces, his body isn’t entirely invincible (for the manga). It wouldn’t have erased him entirely because he would have just came back. That’s the thing
Except you used the anime as examples for Hakai resistance, in which we clearly see no part of Frieza or Vegeta ever get erased, and the former wasn't even stronger or on par with the GOD he resisted the Hakai from in Sidra.
And again, Zamasu should've known all this when it came to his immortality, yet he acted like it would smoke his ass anyway, and it was. There's a difference between being reduced to tiny pieces, and being utterly annihilated as well, my guy. This is literally the only instance, outside Zeno showing up, that had Zamasu freak the fuck out in the manga, which makes zero sense if we take what Beerus stated exclusively in the manga as outright fact.

Honestly, it looks to me more like our two 'writers' forgot that Zamasu was supposed to be immune to Hakai with his immortality. More power to you if you see it differently, but this is how I see it.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Man what the fuck is this

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Man what the fuck is this
Spergbattles being Spergbattles. :mjlol

Spergbattles being Spergbattles. :mjlol

Trust me, they keep finding ways to surprise you:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...berseker.1014438/?post=84238464#post-84238464
R1: Guts blitzes Shirou before he can project Caliburn (which takes him 1 minute, as explicitly stated in the VN) and kills him.
R2: Shirou projects the twin swords and casually slices Guts and his sword to pieces.
R3: Same as above.
Shirou gets one tapped in round 1, where he's just a durable fellow.
Round 2: even without rins mana shirou can still access K&B which does give him a semblance of servant level prowess but i don't think its good enough to fight guts and win.

Round 3: Yeah shirou takes this without much trouble.

It's funny they keep downplaying Shirou like this when in the Fate Route, he literally fought Gilgamesh and Heracles with his "really durable body", people who are completely beyond Guts:

Shirou Emiya vs Gilgamesh

Here, Gilgamesh begins his attack against Shirou with Merodach/Gram's version of Caliburn's attack again. Here, as Gilgamesh's attack is in transit, Shirou projects Avalon and Saber joins hands with him to further increase its power.

Shirou Emiya vs Herakles

Here, Shirou eats a hit from Herakles frozen Axe-sword, Shirou managed to block with his bow, but it broke from the impact. One of Shirou's arms was bent like a spider's from the impact and breathing hurts him now. Here, Shirou partially dodges a strike from Herakles, it breaks his leg. Here, Herakles starts to swing at Shirou. Shirou picks up and reinforces the durability of a piece of his broken bow, he blocks Herakles strike with it. The piece of bow breaks. His body collapses from the impact.

Here, Herakles begins to swing his Axe-Sword at Shirou, the sword is swung with the intention to really kill Shirou this time. Here, Herakles attack in transit, Shirou uses a partially formed Projection of Caliburn, Shirou proves able to block Herakles strikes.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
You fools. Little do you know, SB posters aren't real, i just created them inside an orb for my own personal entertainment.

I can explain Goldenboys existence, he is one of the few that I retrieved from this orb world and conditioned to becoming a competent poster.
How do you explain me then? :maybe

Wow, Servant combat speed is way lower than I'd been led to believe- the length of that third gif you linked is 2.05 seconds, and in that time Saber throws five different attacks with her sword. The fastest human swordsmen can make 1.5 cuts per second, so that makes Saber a 'mere,' 3.33 times faster than the fastest human swordsmen.

saber-lancer.gif

:lolwat

Okay, we are calcing this off of a fucking GIF in animation for many reasons that don't work but ignore what happens in the freaking prologue in F/SN:
EMIYA vs Cu Chulainn

Day 3

Here, EMIYA rushes at Cu Chulainn, Cu thrusts his spear, and EMIYA parries the thrust. Here, Cu Chulainn closes in on Archer and the pair continue to exchange blows. Here, Cu Chulainn's spear thrusts are described as so fast that even the after images are blurred. Additionally, any one of his thrusts could be compared to a final blow. Here, EMIYA repels Cu Chulainn's strikes and begins to close in on him with speed superior to what Cu's been demonstrating so far with his attacks. Here, Cu's strikes get even faster, EMIYA is flicked away as he tries to parry, Cu's strikes are now considered final blows even for a Servant like EMIYA. Here, Cu increases his attack power further upon taking advantage of EMIYA's retreating parries. Here, EMIYA continues parrying, but Cu Chulainn manages to disarm him. Here, Cu thrusts with a speed Rin can't perceive at EMIYA with 3 strikes, only for EMIYA to project Kanshou and Bakuya to defend. Here, the final exchange of the fight, Cu's attacks grow faster and faster as EMIYA defends. Here, this final exchange has so far only lasted for an instant, but over 100 strikes have been thrown. EMIYA is disarmed a number of times as he marches towards Cu. Here, though EMIYA's speed is impressive, as Cu disengages, the speed he displayed is even more so. Here, Cu had disarmed EMIYA about 27 times, EMIYA managed to reproject one of his swords each time.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous with how people will reach for constant downplay and yet thinks Guts stacks to any of this, let alone anyone in Berserk.

This scene literally exists, this is beginning to just get ridiculous...

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
The greatest effect you've had on me is saying "Toaru" when it's supposed to be "To Aru'.

You overestimated yourself, old man. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back