• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood the Fate downplay tbh. Doesn't help that there's shit just as crazy in the original myths so you can't even use that as an excuse.

Well my good friend, the answer to SB's downplay is simple(As well as ComicVine's):
They don't like Fate. They had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to even go with Goetia being Galaxy level and Casual Planet Buster. For Lostbelt Zeus to be Anti-Solar System at his strongest(which is beginning to look to be Anti-Space Time AND Anti-Galaxy too from further Fan Translations) and he's casual Planet Buster as well.

They cannot accept that Servants can bust Countries because "They never consistently show it", same deal with speed feats(With the added touch of literally going "Look at how many times they say Faster than Sound and not Faster Than Lightning") or anything else that actually fits where they are strength wise because it would basically make them no longer the easy horse to grasp.

These ARE the same people, whoever, that will accept Continental Seven Deadly Sins over terrible panel scaling, they will accept Maidens being able to suddenly be 1/3rd of an Atomic Bomb due to terrible calcs in RWBY and basically wank Magical Index to the Moon due to nothing more than words being said and nothing actually happening(Accelerator's most wanked feat? It's literally just Corazon creating something "equal to Gungnir" and Accelerator destroys it before it does anything). They will even believe that Rule 13 only benefits certain verses and will lie their asses off if there's something that can blow past it(See Goujou's Infinity and Accelerator's Shields... despite they both can be dispelled through the typical means in their own Reality, let alone other series).

I'll use this as an example:
Tohru should be ableto dominate the piss out of Natsu but notice how much the others keep not accepting the dead obvious because "Muh Aldoron"? Even when you can actually read that part and realize he was heavily weakened even before fighting Natsu?

It pretty much comes down to whether or not you take Karna's anime only charge up sequence as an outlier. Which it honestly really is.
I want to hear this from the glorious Peanut on how is this:
NCVzLXC.gif

is suddenly an Outlier...

Even within the context of that scene in the anime it's immediatly held off by Balmung
Let us completely ignore the Command Spell that was before the TNR Balmung then...

which is good but not even close to that nonsense throughout the show

Yeah sure buddy, I'm pretty sure that alone would be well past a 10 on the Richter Scale alone.
EDIT: To put that in comparison, a Magnitude 10 Earthquake is equivalent 265 Tsar Bombs... at once. That Balmung could potentially be stronger as it literally created Mountains from the sheer pressure of the attack which would require even MORE energy to do so.
Shouldn't take a genius for the sheer power to do something like that...

and when actually fired and is generally wildly less impressive then its own charge up sequence.
You can use this for everything in fiction! How is this actually supposed to be anything to point it out being an outlier?

OTOH you can say much the same about most of Nanoha's more wild feats outside the movies. Season one in particular has a couple of shots of over the horizon explosions and Nanoha's attacks leaving holes in the ocean.
Oh, so it's suddenly not the case for Nanoha because of a few times where that happens.
Let's ignore that Vasavi Shakti ultimately destroyed Ahkellius Kosmos:
Fate/Apocrypha material - Encyclopedia: The Azure Sky Enclosing this Small World [Noble Phantasm], p.153-154 [T]
The Miniature World Enclosed by the Azure Sky [Noble Phantasm]

Akhilleus Kosmos. Achilles’ trump card which protects the wielder by deploying a miniature world. A divine armament created by the hands of the blacksmith god Hephaestus. It can event against nearly any attack, whether it be from an Anti-Unit, Anti-Army, Anti-Fortress or even Anti-Country Noble Phantasm. However, due to this Noble Phantasm’s nature, it is weak against Anti-World Noble Phantasms alone.
A description of this shield appears in a hundred lines of text in Book 18 of the “Illiad”. Hephaestus reproduced the world he lived in itself in miniature form in this shield.
In the light novel, Achilles doesn’t use it himself, gave it over to Astolfo for him to use. Naturally, transferring Noble Phantasms would normally never happen in a regular Holy Grail War. Even in the Great Holy Grail War, it would normally be unthinkable.
In the first place, most Noble Phantasms are tied to the legends of heroes. Even if you were to borrow Gae Bolg from the blue spearman, that doesn’t mean you would be able to activate Gae Bolg.
However, there are exceptions. In this case, in addition to the necessary conditions of “being where he is making a contract, instead of being in opposition, of his own volition” and the Noble Phantasm “not requiring considerable skill and power to invoke its true name”, it is believed that the transfer of the Noble Phantasm went smoothly because there is “an episode in the legend of the giver (Achilles) where he loans his Noble Phantasms” and “an episode in the legend of the receiver (Astolfo) where he borrows a Noble Phantasm”.
In addition, when Achilles alone wields it, this shield can be used to “attack” as well. After deploying the Noble Phantasm, he would aim to crush the enemy with that miniature world by continuously pushing forward. Most likely, Hephaestus never thought of such a method of using it.
Akhilleus Kosmos: The Azure Sky Enclosing this Small World
Type: Barrier Noble Phantasm
Range: 0
Max Targets: 1 person
A defense type, bounded field Noble Phantasm that is comparable to Rho Aias. A shield said to be constructed by the god of smithing, Hephaestus. The world that Achilles saw. The outer circumference portion has a swirling ocean currents because of the sea god.
To oppose this shield is the same as making a world your opponent
Can protect from Anti-Fortress, Anti-Country, Anti-God Noble Phantasms
But nah, let's forget that... despite it being very, very much shown it's a literal World it spawns:

But yeah, let's ignore that shit to push this shit with Nanoha... and still ignore Karna's Armor would negate that damage to 1/10th and he's no weak Servant even without the Armor.

It's absolutely amazing how hard SB is wanking these as FTL...
unknown.png

unknown.png

Nothing about any of this is FTL and is an unquantifiable mess. And Flashy Flash doesn't even come off looking strong, the dude gets his ass waxed by Platinum Sperm and Garou and barely matters.
How does he stack up to either of them again?

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Bobby would still wreck him. Bobby canonically defeated the God of Frost Giants in his home turf of Niffleheim. Ymir is literally the god of cold and winter, and is the incarnate concept of ice, and Iceman bodied him.

A bloodlusted Iceman beats anything that isn’t a cosmic entity. Full stop.

that post is actually even worse than the chars who fight in that thread :mjlol

:lolwat
Imagine reading that comic, and still getting the context so wrong.

That shit is a feat, wow.

Like we said, it's Spacebattles man, it's literally within their contract to do so. Case in point:

From the... "Well thought out debator" GaRbs:
I see no reason to not take Golden Sperm's words as anything other than chuuni speak. It doesn't really make sense for him to literally become gold just by merging. Not to mention actual god would not be able to resist Vomited Fuhrer Ughly's digestive juices, seeing how it melted swords.

Besides, when we see Atomic Samurai cut Golden Sperm's arm, it looks and behaves like normal flesh, bleeding and all. And merely being coated in gold would not allow Golden Sperm to tank VFU's juices, much less so in the part of his face that isn't golden.
Apparently, Platinum and Golden Sperm cannot actually create similar materials of their skin and body because... he can bleed like anyone else...
Apparently don't tell this man that maybe... Golden and Platinum Sperm can change the makeup of their bodies to be similar to the substance, not literally become the substance.
8294965-chrome_screenshot_1639920229639.png

It's beginning to be hilarious how they can't even understand basic durability and composition at this point. For fuck's sake, he goes all over for Darkshine and that dude took shit that no human can take with no damage whatsoever. Apparently durability is for pussies when it comes to shit like this... despite Acid, at the end of the day, depends on it's corrosive factor to actually get through shit.

the one time sb doesn't downplay fate and it's in a thread where Fate has absolutely no chance of winning :mjlol
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...gurren-lagann-vs-composite-beast-fate.984454/

Honestly, they are still wrong as they should be Galaxy level, not Solar System... but yes, they would still lose to the Anti-Spiral for free.

I'm not sure how they don't get how Tusk Act IV works... I'm pretty sure he doesn't NEED the Horse, it's just he's paralyzed when he used it and probably used it that way in JoJoLion because iconic.
Billy still murders him anyway but they really do act like Billy The Kid is something major when Atalante Alter can canonically fire as faster or faster than him.

Mashle can only react to a goddamned Railgun shot at Mach 7, even if you play by SB rules, Shirou can react to Servants who move at Mach 10+. Mashle will become Mashed Human by Shirou with ease.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, they are still wrong as they should be Galaxy level, not Solar System... but yes, they would still lose to the Anti-Spiral for free.

I'm not sure how they don't get how Tusk Act IV works... I'm pretty sure he doesn't NEED the Horse, it's just he's paralyzed when he used it and probably used it that way in JoJoLion because iconic.
Billy still murders him anyway but they really do act like Billy The Kid is something major when Atalante Alter can canonically fire as faster or faster than him.
idk anything about Billy but SB JoJo threads I've seen have been mostly bad

like I explained in one thread exactly how and why King Crimson's actions remain even though he erases time, and they just kept claiming fate determines what actions stay lol
also claimed Diavolo doesn't actually erase time, one of the dumbest things that still persists

idk anything about Billy but SB JoJo threads I've seen have been mostly bad

like I explained in one thread exactly how and why King Crimson's actions remain even though he erases time, and they just kept claiming fate determines what actions stay lol
also claimed Diavolo doesn't actually erase time, one of the dumbest things that still persists

Oh no, JoJo threads are always shit in SB too. It's either wank or hilarious nonsense which doesn't mean match up. These are the same people that can't understand how Enkidu could have Divinity... without having Divinity... despite being made by the Gods and is a Divine Construct as a person for all intents and purposes.
I don't even think they understand how Wonder of U works despite it being clearly stated how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back