• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddie

Acclaimed
The original GOKU VS SUPERMAN Thread: Moviecodec Edition

Have at thee
Good god versus debating was basically in a horrifically broken period

As much as Mike Wong is kind of a lolcow who wanked off to Star Wars, having empirical research and standards for feats really was good for versus debating. Doesn't make my eyes bleed

Maddie

Acclaimed
Prolly not, all i remember is Webcam Parrot talking about some Story/book of Superman and how it puts him on the same tier as Lucifer.
Yeah that's wanking from Final Crisis: Superman Beyond (2008/2009) and Doomsday Clock (2017-2020) which is way after this convo. They are just pulling shit out of their ass, just like the Maggeddon thing, Superman absorbed enough anti-sunlight *which if it actually violently catalyzed* could destroy half a galaxy, but Superman slowly metabolizing it isn't the same. Would be like a person guzzling gasoline, the body might be raped over when trying to metabolize it but the energy released wouldn't be the same as the gasoline actually explosion

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Yeah that's wanking from Final Crisis: Superman Beyond (2008/2009) and Doomsday Clock (2017-2020) which is way after this convo. They are just pulling shit out of their ass,
I was referring to people still holding the "Superman is immortal" view, just in a different way, wanking a different story, anyhow.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
"and actually Goku is very fast, especially with his attacks

Superman doesn’t seem to be very fast with his attacks, though he can run and fly fast"
This line actually killed me. Nice to see the combat speed isn't equal to travel speed fallacy in full effect even back in those days for Supes.
:hestonpls

Maddie

Acclaimed
"and actually Goku is very fast, especially with his attacks

Superman doesn’t seem to be very fast with his attacks, though he can run and fly fast"
This line actually killed me. Nice to see the combat speed isn't equal to travel speed fallacy in full effect even back in those days for Supes.
:hestonpls
The fallacy makes sense when the mode of transportation is specialized like GL's hyperspace/Superman's superspeed or when characters are shown reacting way faster than one can fly/run like Master Chief or DBZ characters, but its abuse like this is wrong.

Plus Supes had nanosecond and femtosecond reactions anyways

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/which-lieutenant-can-beat-aaroniero.1247580/
HM Renji loses to Arroneirro because he barely beat a fraccion?

Yes because it's not like he had a month's training between then and Hueco Mundo, with a training partner who could survive against and then ended up murking a Privaron Espada. And let's completely ignore the part where Renji uses a low level kido to stagger Szayel (a stronger Espada than Arroneirro mind you) without even taking his bankai into account.

But nah, there's totally no fucking difference between Arrancar Arc and HM Arc Renji, definitely not. 🤣

Arroneirro blitzed Rukia though.

Yeah allegedly, given she was able to react to all of his actual attacks. Not to mention the guy supposedly "playing with her" proceeded to resort to his release immediately after the "supposed" blitz. Wow weird how someone so arrogant and playful felt the need to power up after Rukia almost fucked him up with a kido combo he himself acknowledged could have hurt him. :maybe

But even if we accepted that was a blitz, so fucking what? Did everyone just forget Renji could react to Byakuya's Senka in the Soul Society arc? Or the fact it took Released Szayel's attacks to blitz him later in this same arc? Yeah I'm not buying Arroneirro blitzing Renji at all.

But Arroneirro scales to Base Yammy or Dordonni

I love how these people will use power-scaling only when it suits them like here, but ignore it so they can claim Harribel and Hitsugaya are slower than fucking SS Ichigo/Byakuya/Base Grimmjow levels. Or EoS Shikai Ichigo is weaker than Yoruichi.

And no Arroneirro does not scale to either of those because, playing around or not, the man was still restrained by the Kido of a mid-high Lieutenant level (at best) fighter and admitted her Hado #73 could have hurt him. Whereas Dordonni walked all over HM Shikai Ichigo (while SS Shikai Ichigo could already fight Captains like BoS Kenpachi and non-Bankai Byakuya) and Yammy no-sold Hitsugaya's shikai.

Those two have blatantly better feats than Arroneirro and Arroneirro himself admits he's only an Espada in the first place because of his ability. Add on to this the fact Yammy's base form isn't actually ranked (10 is just his number). Arroneirro does not scale to them.

HM Renji is beating Arroneirro straight up. He would need his Bankai to do it but he would still pull it off.

Without the Servant Universe stuff composite Artoria has no chance of beating Yhwach. The moment she steps outside of Avalon she's gonna get instantly stomped.

Ah yes Yhwach, a character who is only Planetary at his strongest(and that's not even true anymore considering how it happened in Bleach) will be able to defeat the Lion King, someone whose Planetary even at their worst and far... far stronger at around Solar System if not higher due to Rhongomyniad bullshit.

The Almighty Wank may get worse with the Anime but I'd rather we get full confirmation than not at this point because I'm so tired of this nothing getting wanked to this absurd degree.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

Ah yes Yhwach, a character who is only Planetary at his strongest(and that's not even true anymore considering how it happened in Bleach) will be able to defeat the Lion King, someone whose Planetary even at their worst and far... far stronger at around Solar System if not higher due to Rhongomyniad bullshit.

The Almighty Wank may get worse with the Anime but I'd rather we get full confirmation than not at this point because I'm so tired of this nothing getting wanked to this absurd degree.
what even was the consensus regarding planet level (or whatever the fuck) Bleach. I have friends who bring up the realms that were separating having stars and shit in them but I don't read Bleach so I don't fucking know what's what

what even was the consensus regarding planet level (or whatever the fuck) Bleach. I have friends who bring up the realms that were separating having stars and shit in them but I don't read Bleach so I don't fucking know what's what

It's due to the Novels and how fans decided to translate how it's stated and it "having stars and shit" with the Soul Society at night...
Despite nothing stating that HM, Soul Society and The World of the Living cannot be in the same Universe as they are only separated by the Valley of Screams and other wormhole-types.

So basically, you have people believing Bleach is Planetary or even Universal based on the fact that the Soul King MUST HAVE created the Universe when the actual novel stated it existed WELL before he existed with Hell literally being the main constant reminder of that fact. It also doesn't help people miss that Yhwach explicitly states when he reached the Royal Realm Soul King's Almighty > His own which makes trying to base what happens there to Yhwach even more idiotic.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
It's due to the Novels and how fans decided to translate how it's stated and it "having stars and shit" with the Soul Society at night...
Despite nothing stating that HM, Soul Society and The World of the Living cannot be in the same Universe as they are only separated by the Valley of Screams and other wormhole-types.

So basically, you have people believing Bleach is Planetary or even Universal based on the fact that the Soul King MUST HAVE created the Universe when the actual novel stated it existed WELL before he existed with Hell literally being the main constant reminder of that fact. It also doesn't help people miss that Yhwach explicitly states when he reached the Royal Realm Soul King's Almighty > His own which makes trying to base what happens there to Yhwach even more idiotic.
ah that makes more sense
so pretty much the only things separating the realms are weird dimensional shit and even if it was a universal feat it wouldn't scale to Yhwach

ah that makes more sense
so pretty much the only things separating the realms are weird dimensional shit and even if it was a universal feat it wouldn't scale to Yhwach

Yep.
It doesn't help it's not a Universal Feat in the first place because the Universe and Hell existed before the Soul King even did to begin with(which is what people missed) and the 3 Worlds really was just one World in the first place in a constant state of flux with Humans, Shinigami and even Hollows living on it at once.
None of that makes any sense for it to be anything they love to wank it to because there's nothing there TO wank it to past basically pretending it didn't matter that far.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
speaking of Bleach VSB now has ichigo at planet level instead of universe lol

you know I think the worst part about VSB isn't even the insane logic it's that stats change basically every week. No consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back