• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/wh...h-the-infinity-gauntlet.1247248/post-63991337

when did they retcon the Guantlet back from strictly being limit to its specific universe?

That's not how the gauntlet works, it's that only someone who originates from the same universe that the gauntlet does, can use it, after it's in their possession they can go to any universe or dimension they want, it'll work all the same.

Secondly the LT literally just turn off the IG that isn’t a sign that Adam was even remotely a threat to him.
:lolwat

Why are you lying? This never happened, and he directly states he needs to determine if he even has the power to wrest the gauntlet from Adam, on top of admitting he can't take the gems away from him lest the realm of manifestations be destroyed, obviously meaning he wouldn't be able to stop Adam easily. Lest there be a prolonged "Confrontation" in his own words.

So you don’t need an Endless (whose far and away more powerful than any gauntlet user) or anyone stronger than them.

Ant-Life equation DS is where he stops because that’s a close fight
Nope, try again wigger, the Endless are vastly weaker than Lucfier or Michael, who are more or less comparable to Abraxas, who got erased by the Ultimate Nullifier, of which an incomplete gauntlet user (Magus) tanked.

Adam would send the Endless on an infinite vacation to the Dark Force Dimension, no diff.

The fucking audacity this nigga has to speak such slander and say such bold face lies is perplexing.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Oh no, JoJo threads are always shit in SB too. It's either wank or hilarious nonsense which doesn't mean match up. These are the same people that can't understand how Enkidu could have Divinity... without having Divinity... despite being made by the Gods and is a Divine Construct as a person for all intents and purposes.
I don't even think they understand how Wonder of U works despite it being clearly stated how it works.
Wonder of U is pretty overblown tbh. It's nowhere near as broken as Love Train was, it's just more directly aggressive. We don't even know if it could affect even low level superhumans like the Pillar Men or Vampires

Wonder of U is pretty overblown tbh. It's nowhere near as broken as Love Train was, it's just more directly aggressive. We don't even know if it could affect even low level superhumans like the Pillar Men or Vampires

Well of course, my point is that Wonder of U is virtually an abstractive force of nature that primarily screws normal humans up but when you put it towards beings like this:
Round 1: Regulus Corneas
Round 2: Gojo Satoru
Round 3: Accelerator
Round 4: Pale Rider(Nasuverse)
Round 5: Gagamaru Chougasaki
Round 6: D4C Love Train
Bonus Round:Can these character kill Wonder of U

You end up questioning things...

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/wh...h-the-infinity-gauntlet.1247248/post-63991337

That's not how the gauntlet works, it's that only someone who originates from the same universe that the gauntlet does, can use it, after it's in their possession they can go to any universe or dimension they want, it'll work all the same.

:lolwat

Why are you lying? This never happened, and he directly states he needs to determine if he even has the power to wrest the gauntlet from Adam, on top of admitting he can't take the gems away from him lest the realm of manifestations be destroyed, obviously meaning he wouldn't be able to stop Adam easily. Lest there be a prolonged "Confrontation" in his own words.

Nope, try again wigger, the Endless are vastly weaker than Lucfier or Michael, who are more or less comparable to Abraxas, who got erased by the Ultimate Nullifier, of which an incomplete gauntlet user (Magus) tanked.

Adam would send the Endless on an infinite vacation to the Dark Force Dimension, no diff.

The fucking audacity this nigga has to speak such slander and say such bold face lies is perplexing.
Yea I have no clue how the DC cosmology works I know some of the hierarchy of it but no clue where they stand powerwise I just know Plasticman will steal my girl if I don't keep my eye on him

Like seriously, Pale Rider is literally Wonder of U +1.
It's a literal walking phenomenon that barely even has a physical form and is more of a walking disease(Enkidu, whose vulnerable to them, ran the fuck away the second he sensed it coming). It's Noble Phantasm at it's strongest can literally do a calamity far worse than any known calamity, realistic and fictional, at once and make it even worse than all of them.
It can literally take control of animals and people who are "infected" and create a "Pseudo-Netherworld" based on how the user sees the Afterlife.

It's hilarious they actually think Wonder of U can somehow stall out Pale Rider or beat it.
This is even more hilarious given Servants can explicitly deal with and fight Concepts:
Conceptual Weapon [Term]
A weapon created to go beyond mere physical interference, and exert influence on concepts, natural providence, and space.
Physical interference is not possible against formless things, such as manifestations of laws or delusions. That's why Conceptual Weapons exist, because beings that exist via concepts can only be killed by concepts.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Also where did you get the how the IG works cause I've never seen that I've always seen the other way
5400722-image.jpg
5400721-image.jpg

Nemesis killed herself, rose all of creation from her ashes, her might was reincarnated in the gems, and she herself spanned any and all realities = the multiverse.

We also see this when Black Panther was able to use the IG on Battleworld, which is remnants from the multiverse's destruction pulled together:
P483t5964BXjleRGBH03aXpMicQ_inaEZLOr_ELiyZZbsBIhD3fXWHqoajfwdY9JHjIIby829R3V=s1600

Shit, anyone that read infinity watch would know the "Only works in its universe of origin" idea is a myth, since Adam used it to bitch smack Eternity in the realm of manifestations, which exists separate from the universe.

GregSteve

V.I.P. Member
5400722-image.jpg
5400721-image.jpg

Nemesis killed herself, rose all of creation from her ashes, her might was reincarnated in the gems, and she herself spanned any and all realities = the multiverse.

We also see this when Black Panther was able to use the IG on Battleworld, which is remnants from the multiverse's destruction pulled together:
P483t5964BXjleRGBH03aXpMicQ_inaEZLOr_ELiyZZbsBIhD3fXWHqoajfwdY9JHjIIby829R3V=s1600

Shit, anyone that read infinity watch would know the "Only works in its universe of origin" idea is a myth, since Adam used it to bitch smack Eternity in the realm of manifestations, which exists separate from the universe.
Yea but you also have Black Swan and the leader of the council of Reeds stating it does so I wouldn't say it's a myth though outside of saying some head cannon the Battleworld IG I have no concrete answer for

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Yea but you also have Black Swan and the leader of the council of Reeds stating it does
Did you ever think that those rules only apply to alternate reality IG's? Which are weaker than the 616 ig, just like how 616 Galactus is stronger than his alternate reality versions? (See Abraxas)

There's also the fact that humans themselves aren't very good at utilizing the gauntlet:
5400811-3123850-qq%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20130622134034.png

So they could simply not be able to access the full power of their gauntlets, simple.

As for Black Swan, i'd trust the word of Thanos from the 616 reality who actually saw the origin of the gems and wielded the gauntlet more than a chick who has never seen it function, and comes from an alternate reality, which would explain the misinformation.
the Battleworld IG I have no concrete answer for
The Battleworld IG is the 616 IG, just so we're clear.

GregSteve

V.I.P. Member
Did you ever think that those rules only apply to alternate reality IG's? Which are weaker than the 616 ig, just like how 616 Galactus is stronger than his alternate reality versions? (See Abraxas)

There's also the fact that humans themselves aren't very good at utilizing the gauntlet:
5400811-3123850-qq%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20130622134034.png

So they could simply not be able to access the full power of their gauntlets, simple.

As for Black Swan, i'd trust the word of Thanos from the 616 reality who actually saw the origin of the gems and wielded the gauntlet more than a chick who has never seen it function, and comes from an alternate reality, which would explain the misinformation.

The Battleworld IG is the 616 IG, just so we're clear.
No unless it's stated I wouldn't also I wouldn't discredit a collection of the multiverses best minds in Reed even if they aren't as smart as the 616 Reed they would still be able to know how it works

Also yea I get most humans can't use the IG effectively only T Challa really has the chops to use it

Also Battle World being a single spot composed of remnants of other universes is could probably the reason the 616 IG works there since the 616 is technically there though unless that's stated it's just my head canon

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
No unless it's stated I wouldn't also I wouldn't discredit a collection of the multiverses best minds in Reed even if they aren't as smart as the 616 Reed they would still be able to know how it works
They would be able to know how THEIR Infinity Gauntlets work, I never discredited the Reed's intelligence, but those same minds never saw the 616 Infinity Gauntlet, nor know the origin of where the gems came from, so they wouldn't know how it works, would they.
Also yea I get most humans can't use the IG effectively only T Challa really has the chops to use it
If most humans can't use it effectively, why would they know the extent of it's powers and limitations if they can't even harness all that power to begin with?

It's just like the Ebony Blade, Dane has wielded that shit for decades yet still doesn't know the full extent of its capabilities.
Also Battle World being a single spot composed of remnants of other universes is could probably the reason the 616 IG works there since the 616 is technically there though unless that's stated it's just my head canon
If it's composed of multiple different universes, then why would the 616 reality override all the other's where it's supposedly not able to work?

I don't even know why we're having this discussion bruh, Adam Warlock using it in the realm of manifestations debunks that whole premise to begin with.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
not really espeically given how Mordern Marvel basically contradicts itself regarding how the IG works
nothing states that frankly tbh but obviosuly feat wise it shouldn't be a thing

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
nothing states that frankly
It doesn't have to be stated, the 616 gauntlet has worked in places separate from the universe, the Reed's gauntlets haven't, and they've been stated to have those limitations, not the streamline IG.

Or, you know, we can just chalk it up to inconsistency and authors not knowing how it works, there was the time Doom exhausted the majority of the gems power fighting the celestials.

1+1=2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back