• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
illustration-manuscript-collection-Voynich-Yale-University-New.jpg
144b03540eaf608f561a06490ce186b13ca88aff.jpg

that one guy is in every cosmic thread talking about how we need to ignore set theory is very funny

sb reeeeeeally wants to just cap every strong series at the same level

It's funny and weird SB does that combined with consistently trying to stay on feats because of the fact "they don't do the damage they state to represent on screen" which WOULD be a normal typical reaction for feats... until it runs into the problem of common fucking sense.

Let me put in an example of how bad this can get with something I have seen them consistently use recently despite evidence and the story making zero sense(and yeah, going back to that):
artemis_lostbelt.png

Yeah, we keep going back to the Machine Gods of the Nasuverse but seriously, they came out recently and SB... seriously... SERIOUSLY keeps finding ways to ignore what the story states to get to their extremely terrible takes.
The story? It's simple, it outright states that what precisely it is built for right on the tin:
IPmbVAY.jpg

Now? How does SB see this? Because it literally blows through Islands to the Point it's similar to how Justice destroyed Japan through Gamma Ray, it is ONLY Island level(despite that's not how that works in Reality with an attack of that magnitude literally doing damage like that):
Blkb8BQ.jpg

(Those 2 holes on the sides is where the Islands once stood)

How does the typical SB'er thinks of this? Well, we had a debate right here in the Circus Thread for all to see including CT into it as well and...

There is no statement saying that Artemis was firing at full output.
>Despite she is literally built for tearing right through Planets and Interstellar Warships

That IS optimal capability to her since that's exactly what she was built for. Or are we going to pretend that somehow, these Machine Gods that came from a different Universe... don't know how to properly maintain something to fire any less than optimal efficiency with weak as hell shots? And thus have the same cooldown time?
Yes.
???

And how long do you figure a cool down for a full powered shot would be then? Weeks? Months? Years? Decades? Anything less than years and you're basically pissing into the wind here dude. At the order of magnitude required to end a planet, you're still talking a comically large amount of power being brought to bear. A year of charging only means a difference of power on the order of 2,120 times more power than would be afforded for a shot that requires a cool down of 3 hours. That's still enough power to nuke the moon :maybe
That last one was CT but the first one was me throwing around how stupid the above sounds and he actually believes that's the case.

So yes, they will absolutely find certain caps for a series and ignores anything else that goes against said cap or downplay it at worst. It's why it's so funny when they try and make RWBY > Demon Slayer when outside of the Brother Gods, they would get whipped by Demon Slayer... but then they put both > Nasuverse Humans and Mages because they can't see them as being stronger than they are.

You seen what they do with Transformers too.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
It's funny and weird SB does that combined with consistently trying to stay on feats because of the fact "they don't do the damage they state to represent on screen" which WOULD be a normal typical reaction for feats... until it runs into the problem of common fucking sense.

Let me put in an example of how bad this can get with something I have seen them consistently use recently despite evidence and the story making zero sense(and yeah, going back to that):
artemis_lostbelt.png

Yeah, we keep going back to the Machine Gods of the Nasuverse but seriously, they came out recently and SB... seriously... SERIOUSLY keeps finding ways to ignore what the story states to get to their extremely terrible takes.
The story? It's simple, it outright states that what precisely it is built for right on the tin:
IPmbVAY.jpg

Now? How does SB see this? Because it literally blows through Islands to the Point it's similar to how Justice destroyed Japan through Gamma Ray, it is ONLY Island level(despite that's not how that works in Reality with an attack of that magnitude literally doing damage like that):
Blkb8BQ.jpg

(Those 2 holes on the sides is where the Islands once stood)

How does the typical SB'er thinks of this? Well, we had a debate right here in the Circus Thread for all to see including CT into it as well and...

>Despite she is literally built for tearing right through Planets and Interstellar Warships

That last one was CT but the first one was me throwing around how stupid the above sounds and he actually believes that's the case.

So yes, they will absolutely find certain caps for a series and ignores anything else that goes against said cap or downplay it at worst. It's why it's so funny when they try and make RWBY > Demon Slayer when outside of the Brother Gods, they would get whipped by Demon Slayer... but then they put both > Nasuverse Humans and Mages because they can't see them as being stronger than they are.

You seen what they do with Transformers too.
i can forgive it a bit with transformers because information surrounding it is incredibly obtuse and we are the only forum remotely trying to make sense of it

Fate, especially FGO is like...one of the most popular series in the world right now....there's no excuse

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

:JokerSerious:
>Satan
>Faster than Surfer
>Satan being able to steal Surfers board
Even if Satan copied the Power Cosmic he's getting his shit pushed in

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Man what in the fuck is this shit. We got claims of omnipotence being thrown around, Magic Gods being on the same level as Azathoth and Yog. Shits fucking cancerous

i can forgive it a bit with transformers because information surrounding it is incredibly obtuse and we are the only forum remotely trying to make sense of it

Fate, especially FGO is like...one of the most popular series in the world right now....there's no excuse

People would try and argue with FGO and Fate not being that popular but then I would point out that a freaking Type-Moon Visual Novel Mahoyo is actually getting an Official English Localization when they never planned on released FGO to the West 5 years ago...

Like there truly is no goddamned excuse anymore when we have had plenty of people know and like the series without even playing the game due to the characters and designs.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
People would try and argue with FGO and Fate not being that popular but then I would point out that a freaking Type-Moon Visual Novel Mahoyo is actually getting an Official English Localization when they never planned on released FGO to the West 5 years ago...

Like there truly is no goddamned excuse anymore when we have had plenty of people know and like the series without even playing the game due to the characters and designs.
thats gotta be just objectively not true lol

wasnt fgo one of the biggest apps out there a couple years back? it's everywhere now and practically unavoidable if you use the internet at all

it's crazy because type moon as a whole was fairly obscure even as recently as 10 years ago, fgo was definitely the biggest change to that

thats gotta be just objectively not true lol

wasnt fgo one of the biggest apps out there a couple years back? it's everywhere now and practically unavoidable if you use the internet at all

it's crazy because type moon as a whole was fairly obscure even as recently as 10 years ago, fgo was definitely the biggest change to that

It is, that's why I said that it's hilarious now because again, we are getting the very FIRST OFFICIAL ENGLISH localization of a Type-Moon Light Novel:

Literally ask any Type-Moon fan on this side of the pond that they knew this was ever going to happen and they would call you a liar which shows how insane the push became.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

>Satan
>Faster than Surfer
Mephisto is just one of many versions of Marvel’s "Satan" and even he in his own realm could not fully absorb and mind break Norrin. This kid is out of his fucking league by miles.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i was calling superboi prime, for many years as emoboi prime

after that tragic event with the whole fight against the batman who keks

and

with the whole thing at how well they surprisingly handled that story [prob the best written event during that arc even], it restored his dignity and rep back

and became a heroic char, u can even call him as superman prime, such good redemption he had

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member

>Satan
>Faster than Surfer
Accountmaker is that you?

It's not only Touma participating remember? There's Kakine who can create matter with its own specific imaginary properties. Such as the exact property to resist Phalanx virus if needed.

Even if he can't do that, his sheer numbers and sensory suite would allow him to detect, isolate and contain every single virion.
:lolwat

We are literally going beyond fictional shit right now...
Like how does that work? Do they really think that's how that works for Kakine's ability to just no sell shit like the Phalanx Virus? This is like believing you can just stop the Legacy Virus with the same bullshit logic when even fucking CABLE(You know? A Person that basically IS Nate Grey in the main future timeline) has to use most of his bullshit godlike power just to HALT IT.

I'm... kinda confused on how they scaled Tanjiro?
Like, they used Doma making a giant ice statue and scaled it to Tanjiro, who, mind you, Tanjiro didn't fight. Instead of the far more quantifiable boulder cut or, if they want sketchy scaling, Muzan deleting a chunk of building with a swing which is definitely beyond Tarkus' swing
I also take massive issue with what they used to put Jonathan as FTL. Joseph and Caeser moved after the red stone already hit the ground, which is the only way they are applying FTL movement to Jonathan, even if by actual narrative Joseph beating the pillarmen would make him stronger than Jonathan. Plus the fact DIO in part 3 didnt keep up for shit with Star Platinum, Star Platinum literally cratered his skull with a punch

I also have issue making Tanjiro lightning speed, but thats a lesser issue.

For the fight itself, I loved it, especially the emotions in it. The ending was super nice and it definitely hurt.

:kobeha

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

:lolwat

We are literally going beyond fictional shit right now...
Like how does that work? Do they really think that's how that works for Kakine's ability to just no sell shit like the Phalanx Virus? This is like believing you can just stop the Legacy Virus with the same bullshit logic when even fucking CABLE(You know? A Person that basically IS Nate Grey in the main future timeline) has to use most of his bullshit godlike power just to HALT IT.
Dont you know? On SB To Aru beats every verse
:CascaSigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back