• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of being hurled at her by Acqua, giving him a shit ton of momentum behind that punch. The book even says that was the case, not whatever imaginary buff your saying.

Me asking for proof which you’ve done of is me being a child?

>Literally breaks Curtana
>Continues heading towards the person Curtana explicitly buffed the shit out of as stated by others

I like how you omit that Curtana buffed the user spectacularly and that's the reason why Carissa, who otherwise is literally just a princess, didn't literally become a splatter on the wall and somehow survived that with only being rendered unconscious for a few hours.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
>Continues heading towards the person Curtana explicitly buffed the shit out of as stated by others

I like how you omit that Curtana buffed the user spectacularly and that's the reason why Carissa, who otherwise is literally just a princess, didn't literally become a splatter on the wall and somehow survived that.
Touma destroys anything thats supernaturally crafted on contact, be it swords, scrolls, clothing.

What does Carissa’s buff from Curtana Original have anything to do with Touma?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Like I said, outside of the anime, I primarily avoid that series as it's a major headache to go through.
HOWEVER, I do listen to @Mr.OMG and @Thegoldenboy2188 when it comes to feats from it, even if I disagree on how they go about it.
I'm sure you've got this a lot, but it really isn't THAT complicated.

I don't blame you given some of the shit that some people have brought up regarding stuff like certain feats regarding the top tiers (and given Kamachi's weird phrasing at times), but as a whole it's not that much more complicated than stuff like Fate.

Not that Fate is an incomprehensible mess either, but both series can certainly seem to be from an outside observer's perspective.
I think I even remember you saying that you liked it for a time, so I honestly wouldn't see any harm in starting to try to get back into it, and although Mr.OMG and goldenboy are pretty helpful with their comments regarding the series, it'd still help to make more sense of what they're saying.

Touma destroys anything thats supernaturally crafted, be it swords, scrolls, clothing.

Okay?

What does Carissa’s buff from Curtana Original have anything to do with Touma?

>What does Carissa's buff from Curtana Original have anything to do with not fucking DYING after being launched through the castle kilometers away?

You are legit taking the fucking piss right now aren't you?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

I like how you omit that Curtana buffed the user spectacularly and that's the reason why Carissa, who otherwise is literally just a princess, didn't literally become a splatter on the wall and somehow survived that with only being rendered unconscious for a few hours.
On this note, I thought she was already a Saint tier fighter even without getting buffed by Curtana Second? At least that's what I remember.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Okay?

>What does Carissa's buff from Curtana Original have anything to do with not fucking DYING after being launched through the castle kilometers away?

You are legit taking the fucking piss right now aren't you?
Are you saying Touma alone accomplished that? Read the passage. It’s far from the case.

On this note, I thought she was already a Saint tier fighter even without getting buffed by Curtana Second? At least that's what I remember.

I think she's buffed to that level wielding the sword, not that she was at the level beforehand.

I'm sure you've got this a lot, but it really isn't THAT complicated.

I don't blame you given some of the shit that some people have brought up regarding stuff like certain feats regarding the top tiers (and given Kamachi's weird phrasing at times), but as a whole it's not that much more complicated than stuff like Fate.

Not that Fate is an incomprehensible mess either, but both series can certainly seem to be from an outside observer's perspective.

I know it's not THAT incomprehensible, that's not been my problem with To Aru, my problem with To Aru is that people aren't being CLEAR about where they are going with their feats.
This ends up being people just pulling shit out of their asses without proper context and when it's found, it ends up being nowhere near where others push it at.

For example, there's a MASSIVE difference between distorting cause and effect(Magic that can go anywhere and is dangerous to the user as it follows an entirely random path) and completely inverting it(The Effect happens first and the Cause is inconsequential) but pushing them as one in the same.

Fate can be just as complicated but that's why I make certain to constantly bring context to avoid that problem.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
:lolwat :espurrtf

Can someone just tag in for right now? Because I feel like that I'm arguing with a changing goalpost right now.
All you’ve been doing since we started is changing the goal post because your original argument makes you look like an ignorant ass to where I (and likely you yourself at this point) dont even know what your arguing anymore.

I’ll remind you: You said I’m retarded (over on this site obviously instead of debating me in the thread itself) for saying normal humans in Index have feats that would that would be superhuman in real life. So I prove you wrong by showing just what a “normal human” translates to in this series. You with me so far?

Now your going on about how Touma isn’t superhuman and gets these “buffs” or some shit that you’ve posted zero citations for. I’ve already shown you that Touma’s punch on Carissa was not his own strength.

Like metal balls strung from strings striking each other, the momentum was transferred to Carissa causing her to fly off into the night sky like a bullet.

She struck the roof of the crumbling Buckingham Palace once, bounced off in a different direction, and flew off even further along her altered trajectory.

Momentum from Touma being launched by a full swing from Acqua.

And buffs or not, it means nothing to the feats demonstrated by other humans. So this is getting you nowhere even if you actually did back up your argument. You were a joke arguing with on SB and your just as much one arguing here.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I don't think Touma even makes it past round one given what I'm hearing about Keyaru, but who's the guy with the "better version" of Touma's powers from DxD and what makes them better? Just wondering.

There's a dude in the later volumes of the second series (its the same series but Ishibumi restarted the volume count as part of a joke) who has some bullshit ability to create his own world that rejects shit not conforming to that worlds rules. IDK what its even called but its basically an AOE version of Imagine Breaker....And Issei just socks him in the face right through it :skully

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I think she's buffed to that level wielding the sword, not that she was at the level beforehand.

I know it's not THAT incomprehensible, that's not been my problem with To Aru, my problem with To Aru is that people aren't being CLEAR about where they are going with their feats.
This ends up being people just pulling shit out of their asses without proper context and when it's found, it ends up being nowhere near where others push it at.

For example, there's a MASSIVE difference between distorting cause and effect(Magic that can go anywhere and is dangerous to the user as it follows an entirely random path) and completely inverting it(The Effect happens first and the Cause is inconsequential) but pushing them as one in the same.

Fate can be just as complicated but that's why I make certain to constantly bring context to avoid that problem.
I more-so meant that she's around "baseline" Saint level (Kanzaki for example) without the buff from Curtana Second, rather than being as strong someone like Acqua WITH the sword. But it's been a while since I've read that volume.

Agreed. Throwing out several pages worth of information and not being clear with what the feats actually entail is especially important given how "wordy" Kamachi can be with his descriptions. It almost reminds me of that one Comicvine thread where someone just pasted a whole ass novel of information on CCC Gilgamesh (god that hurt to read for the 20 seconds I actually bothered to do so), though not nearly as bad. :mjlol
I don't even see why people need to wank the series anyway, it's decently powerful as is and may even get some buffs in the future. (I'll let goldenboy and Mr.OMG tackle this when they get to jotting down the feats from Genesis Testament in the respect thread.)

And true, standard magic distorting causality isn't exactly the same as what Gae Bolg does.
Although, high tier Magicians like Lilith HAVE shown the ability to straight up manipulate causality anyway, so it's not entirely implausible.
And I'm not sure about that "Cause is inconsequential" part though, since I always saw Gae Bolg as "skipping" a process that's still physically possible anyway (sort of like Yhwach in a sense).
It's why the thrown version of the spear explicitly has more piercing power as a trade-off for losing the causality reversal of the thrust, or at least that's what I remember.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
There's a dude in the later volumes of the second series (its the same series but Ishibumi restarted the volume count as part of a joke) who has some bullshit ability to create his own world that rejects shit not conforming to that worlds rules. IDK what its even called but its basically an AOE version of Imagine Breaker....And Issei just socks him in the face right through it :skully
If it's AOE it certainly sounds better in that regard, but it'd be a matter of potency if Issei wanted to just "ignore" Imagine Breaker.
Assuming it got to that point anyway.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Let's cool it with the insults, by the way. I'm sure we can all have a nice orderly discussion regarding the series. :maybe

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Sounding like KMC there. Not surprised.
honestly transformers fans aren't much better at grading their own series
https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-vs-unicron-t80829.php
like some leeway, this was 2011, so pre-AVP which cleared up a lot of shit
but still some blatant downplay of really clear cut feats

"Unicron didn't destroy the universe and it reformed around him"
?????? literally not what happens?
E53hzeWVoAE8pN1

bro casually sleeps through a big bang that lasted trillions of years
like even if you just isolate Unicron's feats to this single issue, and ignore every other retcon or later lore....he would be universe level, but tf fans don't believe even that somehow

nevermind that all the later info made this feat a lot more impressive retroactively

I more-so meant that she's around "baseline" Saint level (Kanzaki for example) without the buff from Curtana Second, rather than being as strong someone like Acqua WITH the sword. But it's been a while since I've read that volume.

Like I said, I got this from when it came from OMG and Goldenboy, Astaro there isn't the only one who reads and talks about To Aru here.

Agreed. Throwing out several pages worth of information and not being clear with what the feats actually entail is especially detrimental given how "wordy" Kamachi can be with his descriptions. It almost reminds me of that one Comicvine thread where someone just pasted a whole ass novel of information on CCC Gilgamesh (god that hurt to read for the 20 seconds I actually bothered to do so), though not nearly as bad. :mjlol

Oh trust me, I fucking hate that about Fate considering while the Dimensional Barriers are strong, they are NOT Multiversal level strong and it's a complete misunderstanding on a fundamental level.

I don't even see why people need to wank the series anyway, it's decently powerful as is and may even get some buffs in the future. (I'll let goldenboy and Mr.OMG tackle this when they get to jotting down the feats from Genesis Testament in the respect thread.)

It does but honestly, we will still treat it as a whipping boy anyway just to be fair :mjlol Not the first series to be done that way, won't be the last either.

And true, standard magic distorting causality isn't exactly the same as what Gae Bolg does.
Although, high tier Magicians like Lilith HAVE shown the ability to straight up manipulate causality anyway, so it's not entirely implausible.
And I'm not sure about that "Cause is inconsequential" part though, since I always saw Gae Bolg as "skipping" a process that's still physically possible anyway (sort of like Yhwach in a sense).
It's why the thrown version of the spear explicitly has more piercing power as a trade-off for losing the causality reversal of the thrust, or at least that's what I remember.

In a sense, you aren't completely correct. Nasu has stated a shield CAN block the Thrust Version far better than the Thrown counterpart but the fact that EMIYA only has the option of running the fuck away when it becomes apparent Cu is going to Thrust it, just pulling out a shield isn't going to stop it. And the whole point of Gae Bolg's Thrust is that it's not skipping the process physically, it's literally skipping B to get to C from A. It's why even if Fragrach literally rewinds time to kill Cu before he uses Gae Bolg, the second he speaks it, you are dead because the "Effect has already happened, the Cause is inconsequential".

But yes, the Thrown version has much more piercing power in exchange, to the point EMIYA had to put everything into Rho Aias and it ONLY stopped it at the last petal and Cu could have killed right then and there if EMIYA didn't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back