• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im guessing the downplay that people go with is "The games not canon"?

Basically yes.

I thought IF was revealed to be just a dream near the end? 🤔

It was... sorta. It was a result of a delusion Junketsu put Satsuki through before the start of the series... the thing though is that events through the game canonically happened to Ryuko around Episode 4 and explains the "nightmares" she has.
So the Events really happened, the way it happened made it come off as a "dream"

Post in thread 'To Aru vs Nasuverse' https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/to-aru-vs-nasuverse.294512/post-84490839

WHAT IS THIS GUY EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

I think it's more because Astaro fucking sucks at explaining shit(Almost as bad as Rev) and that's why that User is completely confused and stating that. And to be more fair, Astaro seriously tried to compare Othinus being able to destroy and remake one universe countless times to the Magic Gods being Infinitely Powerful and thus Othinus must be Infinitely Powerful... just to a lesser degree:

Real simple. Magic Gods destroy the universe moving a limb at their full power unless they divide their powers infinitely. We see Othinus casually destroying and remaking the universe many times in NT9 and their all stronger than her.

Remember, we precisely banned the Magic Gods for exactly this reason.

@Xhominid The Fool Gremmy never affected a person without already making physical contact with them, correct?
And doesn't he also need to convince them for the changes to stick? On top of concentrating on the effect, iirc.

Gremmy is a bitch to understand because to be fair, he actually doesn't NEED to touch you for certain effects to happen but because he works best at actual visualization, he needs to touch you to get the maximum effect of his imagination working(i.e. he touched Yachiru to make sure her bones would become as brittle as cookies or to make sure Love and Kensei was dead).

And no, Gremmy doesn't need to convince them for the changes to stick, if he loses focus, the change just fades. That's how Yachiru didn't have brittle bones anymore.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Basically yes.

It was... sorta. It was a result of a delusion Junketsu put Satsuki through before the start of the series... the thing though is that events through the game canonically happened to Ryuko around Episode 4 and explains the "nightmares" she has.
So the Events really happened, the way it happened made it come off as a "dream"

I think it's more because Astaro fucking sucks at explaining shit(Almost as bad as Rev) and that's why that User is completely confused and stating that. And to be more fair, Astaro seriously tried to compare Othinus being able to destroy and remake one universe countless times to the Magic Gods being Infinitely Powerful and thus Othinus must be Infinitely Powerful... just to a lesser degree:

Remember, we precisely banned the Magic Gods for exactly this reason.

Gremmy is a bitch to understand because to be fair, he actually doesn't NEED to touch you for certain effects to happen but because he works best at actual visualization, he needs to touch you to get the maximum effect of his imagination working(i.e. he touched Yachiru to make sure her bones would become as brittle as cookies or to make sure Love and Kensei was dead).

And no, Gremmy doesn't need to convince them for the changes to stick, if he loses focus, the change just fades. That's how Yachiru didn't have brittle bones anymore.
I mean that last part is basically the same thing. Losing focus/concentration = the effect doesn't stick.

Besides, Rev and Astaro are the same person. :maybe

I honestly don't know why they feel the need to overcomplicate the Magic God stuff.
Just don't take the infinite division of power literally and just scale them above Othinus to an unquantifiable degree.
And although Othinus CREATED the Phases (that were just slightly altered versions of the physical universe) individually, she did explicitly shatter all of them at once. So take that as you will.

Last edited:

Yeah, except Decay doesn't stop like an explosion or a sword slash, it's a constant effect that lasts as long as it's on his body.

1. That's not how Decay works... not even for Shigaraki after he got amped up. SnS even shows it CAN be resisted and with God Hand? A Noble Phantasm which explicitly says fuck you and the world if you don't obey it's rules?
Here, God Hand mechanics exposition (he repels attacks, rather than endure them, below a certain threshold). Here, supposedly, if such a Noble Phantasm that could destroy the world existed below the A rank, Herakles God Hand would nullify it due to Herakles divinity (you need a divine mystery of the same level to affect him).
2. Heracles literally revives and fully heals everything that hit him, even when he was literally a corpse after a massive Mana Burst blast by Artoria Alter at one point. Even when his HEAD is severely damaged if not outright gone:
Here, Herakles can regenerate his head due to Godhand.

Decay ain't doing shit.

Of course Siriel comes out to play and wank for Shigaraki and downplay Heracles because OF COURSE he does.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I thought IF was revealed to be just a dream near the end? 🤔
Sort of but not really; it was set in a world of delusions in Satsuki's mind, which Ryuko and others could also visit because it existed outside of time & space/in another reality. Something similar to this does happen in the show itself when Ryuko is forced to wear Junketsu and Mako and Senketsu have to break into her mind to make her snap back to her senses.
If I remember correctly, I believe Ryuko is damn near or actually at Planetary levels at her strongest before IF and Satsuki would be weaker than that.
I know she's Continental by herself without her Kamui's help.

IF, however, blew the fuck out of the scaling by showing the Primordial Life Fiber is capable of legit fucking with timelines and the Universe as a whole and Satsuki cut that shit down on her end with the Rending Scissors.
Ryuko and Senketsu also did the same thing the Primordial Lifefiber was doing and absorbed Lifefibers from across time and space in different realities, and might have even merged with alternate versions of herself.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Sort of but not really; it was set in a world of delusions in Satsuki's mind, which Ryuko and others could also visit because it existed outside of time & space/in another reality. Something similar to this does happen in the show itself when Ryuko is forced to wear Junketsu and Mako and Senketsu have to break into her mind to make her snap back to her senses.

Ryuko and Senketsu also did the same thing the Primordial Lifefiber was doing and absorbed Lifefibers from across time and space in different realities, and might have even merged with alternate versions of herself.
So KLK IF is partially canon, am I getting this right?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So KLK IF is partially canon, am I getting this right?
It's canon but in the sense it's set in another world and unless there's something I'm missing doesn't really interfere with the timeline of the show (although with the revelations in If there could debatably be some retroactive scaling).
HAHAHAHAHA...
So Ryuko pulled a Time Devourer themselves to get as far as they did.
That's how she was able to match Satsuki in Junketsu Shinzui (the Primordial Lifefiber was also absorbing lifefibers from the past and the future just to stay alive against Junketsu Shinzui).

Mr.OMG

Paramount
No, the physical universe is the same as ours as its created from the Big Bang.

2022-04-11.png

If you're talking about the entire world with its phases then no either. The biggest number for the number of phases is countless not infinite.

However, there is the hidden world phase which is infinite. However, the hidden phase is outside of the world.

And the Sephiroth Tree is potentially infinitely recursive.

So I guess the answer is the world itself isn't infinite, but there is stuff outside of it that is infinite.
And we're forgetting about the distortion of the timeline.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
tfw when i know how most of the nasuverse terms/feats look like, even though the last time i watched a ufotable fight was from the movies from few years ago, and those were on some amv's, the first time :mjlol

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

>You took things out of context
Bruh what in the fuck do you mean. I said what happened. I didn't take a single thing out of context. Amazo II straight up yeeted the multiverse using the mirror room. trying to say otherwise is blatantly lying as all the mirror room did was give him access to a place where he could reach all universes at once. And then he deleted them shits all at once. Green Lanturns shields blocking it were out of pure reflex and the nigga couldn't even react fast enough to save anyone other than himself and 4 other people. Saying Amazo II and Amazo have no durability feats while Amazo II straight bodied everyone in his original universe and then regular Amazo yeeting himself through a beam of anti-life and then through Amazo IIs body speaks for itself. and then doing this weird shit with reconstituting meaning something different than regenerating? come on now.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

Bruh what in the fuck do you mean. I said what happened. I didn't take a single thing out of context. Amazo II straight up yeeted the multiverse using the mirror room. trying to say otherwise is blatantly lying as all the mirror room did was give him access to a place where he could reach all universes at once. And then he deleted them shits all at once. Green Lanturns shields blocking it were out of pure reflex and the nigga couldn't even react fast enough to save anyone other than himself and 4 other people. Saying Amazo II and Amazo have no durability feats while Amazo II straight bodied everyone in his original universe and then regular Amazo yeeting himself through a beam of anti-life and then through Amazo IIs body speaks for itself. and then doing this weird shit with reconstituting meaning something different than regenerating? come on now.
Its SpergBattles nigga

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/shunsui-vs-byakuya.1259929/
Base Byakuya is beating Shikai Shunsui EASILY according to these idiots. :breh

I mean at least it's EoS Byakuya and not Renji (whom they also, unironically, believe would beat shikai Shunsui) so it's not AS bad but still, the blatant underselling of Shunsui over there is disgusting. Only his Bankai gets any credit. Yet they have the fucking gall to complain about Shunsui being OVERrated, despite the entire section pretty much going out of their way to downplay the fuck out of him.

I'm not even saying Base Byakuya COULDN'T beat Shikai Shunsui, but you're completely delusional if you think it's going to be easy. Now Shikai Byakuya would easily win because his shikai is a good counter to Shunsui's, but not base Byakuya.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

lol I've gotten this cope ass excuse used on me too :mjlol

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
No I thought you knew already actually :mjpls

he's acausal and exists outside of time, can see all possibilities before they happen etc.

he does enter time now and then to fix things, but his true existence is beyond linear time, as are all multiversal singularities in TF as far as I'm aware

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
the eternal rivalry between TF top tiers and Marvel high tiers :wow

a true obd feud

>infinite acceleration
>that somehow meaning accelerators vector shield can keep up with the flash

It's funny when Spacebattles primarily bitches that people take Fate/Star Wars/Elder Scrolls Feats too seriously at their word... and then proceed to do exactly that for To Aru...
Despite if you took everything at it's word for To Aru, it would be too much of a mess to use for VS. battles in the sense of how you do the hobby. That's also the same thing for other series that goes deep into it's mechanics to the point of abstract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back