• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol

Rin and Shirou wouldn't even need the Composite, the fuck is Pain going to do to any of them on a serious level?

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
This talk of designs for cosmic character designs reminds me that SB can't think abstract for shit. They still think beings like Cthulhu, Pennywise and Mehrunes Dagon need to attack with animu lasers, or the fact that they don't do animu explosions makes them less impressive.
they think Unicron is a linear being that can just be beaten with probability manipulation

they literally don't know shit about the series they downplay

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, that's something I noticed too. It's weird how they come across Cosmic Characters and then think they are "weak" because of "how they don't do enough" like all of them need to shoot cosmic lasers and slap planets out of existence to show how nonsense they are.

Something like "literally not being able to see the creature without your mind breaking" is usually lost on them real quick.
They also really emphasis on the "anime explosions" to make them sound weaker. HXD says this a lot regarding the Princes to pander to the downplayers.

When in reality, just thinking and reshaping/destroying and remaking an entire universe is laughably more impressive than destroying it than an anime explosion taking out a universe (which of course beings like Vaermina does do constantly).
they think Unicron is a linear being that can just be beaten with probability manipulation

they literally don't know shit about the series they downplay
Not only that but they refuse to learn. Way too many threads have me posting a fuckton of evidence at them and them just ignoring it because they don't like it and their favourite series looses.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Yeah... low tier Servant level maybe :mjlol

Absolutely. From what I've seen of Danmachi, even Nasu Mages should be enough, let alone Servants.

Sort of a common theme with a lot of series on SB now that I think about it..

Again, basic bitch Mages can react to Lightning Magecraft... which is the literal recreation of the phenomenon.
Despite how some series make them look weak damage wise, Mahoyo actually shows just how bullshit physically and magically they actually are(which is getting an official localization at the end of the year... nice).
Aoko BEFORE she learned and used Blue can literally kick someone so hard, she can snap a tree in half. She can also deal with an absolutely enormous block of ice despite basically having a good bit of her body on figurative fire due to the strain.
A single Priest is so damn strong, an entire traincar full of Mages FREAK THE FUCK OUT when one simply shows up to head to the Auction for his own reasons.

Hell, we have an entire fight where a DEAD APOSTLE can't deal with a Hanza despite being able to effortlessly lob cars at him, create Tornadoes that can lift cars off the ground and shoot at him with a Shotgun and a LMG SIMULTANEOUSLY. And Hanza implies that Kotomine is better than him despite having Cyborg parts!

Yeah... low tier Servant level maybe :mjlol

I do like how we keep getting "Rin and Shirou too slow" and Pain "Requires a High Tier Servant" and I can guess it's because "Big Boom" and stay on that...
Again for the people at home:

Apparently Pain is too much to handle because it's... 6 people...
Even with Pain's shared sight, they are NOT that fast even in that timeline of Naruto. Rin and Shirou have react and move around Servant attacks on multiple occasions. Even if it was by luck or the Servant not trying, that would be beyond any level of Pain can deal with whatsoever.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
They also really emphasis on the "anime explosions" to make them sound weaker. HXD says this a lot regarding the Princes to pander to the downplayers.

When in reality, just thinking and reshaping/destroying and remaking an entire universe is laughably more impressive than destroying it than an anime explosion taking out a universe (which of course beings like Vaermina does do constantly).

Not only that but they refuse to learn. Way too many threads have me posting a fuckton of evidence at them and them just ignoring it because they don't like it and their favourite series looses.
yeah it doesn't really matter how clearly you spell it out for them they will default to their preferred stance

It's how they would do it when it comes to Shadow Hearts, guaranteed.
Entire series full of absolute bullshit and monsters that represent the abstract in many ways...
Would lose to RWBY because "explosion isn't big enough".

yeah it doesn't really matter how clearly you spell it out for them they will default to their preferred stance

Yeah, it's why my stay in Spacebattles was so frustrating. Everytime I think I made leeway and then nothing changes.
You can literally bring in proof till the cows come home and absolutely no one will buy it unless THEY want to. And thus, you basically end up just not bothering at all and wait till you get banned or you leave entirely.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Entire series full of absolute bullshit and monsters that represent the abstract in many ways...

Yeah, it's why my stay in Spacebattles was so frustrating. Everytime I think I made leeway and then nothing changes.
You can literally bring in proof till the cows come home and absolutely no one will buy it unless THEY want to. And thus, you basically end up just not bothering at all and wait till you get banned or you leave entirely.
my dupe still has to finish that elden ring kny thread :wow

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Which is ironic because you can apply the exact same logic to RWBY and their own pet series. Everytime they brought up downplays based off nitpicks I'd counter by saying the same exists in their own series. Though of course they'd counter with "RWBY/MHA also has high ends, you can't just ignore the high ends!" ...So does the series I'm debating. That's my fucking point.

Which is ironic because you can apply the exact same logic to RWBY and their own pet series. Everytime they brought up downplays based off nitpicks I'd counter by saying the same exists in their own series. Though of course they'd counter with "RWBY/MHA also has high ends, you can't just ignore the high ends!" ...So does the series I'm debating. That's my fucking point.

Yeah, I did that too especially when the series itself had those some obvious pitfalls.
The Nitpicks get really, really... REALLY stupid when it's obvious it goes both ways but they refuse to acknowledge that.
It's like debating with children.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
@Qinglong

Yo, I got a question what's going on in this chapter? https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-god-of-high-school/ep-291/viewer?title_no=66&episode_no=293

I could never understand it. So Satan pulls the corona together to shoot the eyebeam, which Jin cut's through with a Jin Hwechook. After that, he borrows Hui's power and does something that causes the sun to light up which causes the sun's light to disappear a bit.

So what is he doing there? Is he kicking the sun again or is he doing something else.

Dude I am so far behing in GoH I need a time machine to catch up, check Blade or Kurou

So they don't understand vaporizerization, pulverization, ke, physics in general or low and high end showings? But big booms and swooshy speeds are the deciding factors instead sounds pretty cool

It's funny right?
They basically go nuts over explosions... but they have no idea how vaporization works, the difference between it and pulverization(which is not hard to notice), or even simple concept of Kinetic Energy and why an Asteroid is truly so damn dangerous or how insanely impressive it is to destroy one and remove the other.

Literally go and look everytime this pops up in a VS. thread:

And realize how they just ignore the Kinetic Energy and the Heat that would obviously still stick around with an Asteroid moving at that speed and power and count JUST the Asteroid.
This isn't even the only time it happens, look at that Han Daewei vs. Garou thread and realize they cannot fathom how being able to stop Jupiter being tossed at him even with help... would be absolutely insane compared to simply hitting a Planet you are on.
FYI: Jupiter? Is big enough that the infamous Great Red Spot ALONE would engulf EARTH and Jupiter itself that every other Planet in the Solar System can fit inside of it and you'll still have room... imagine THAT being flung at you like it was a dodgeball at worst.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
By the way, I was wondering how strong Touma became in NT9. When faced with Aqua, he was able to survive a blow that sent him several hundred meters away, and so on. So how much stronger did Touma become when he faced Othinus?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He picked up a ton of battle experience from living and dying billions of times. That’s about it

Acqua isn’t really a durability feat as in he take a serious hit from a Saint. The man was purposefully holding back to avoid killing him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back