• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’d probably enjoy One Piece more than Naruto or Bleach if I sat down and read it. Shits just way too long now for me to get invested in.

Watched the anime and got bored of it because of its slow pacing but I know that’s not the case with the manga.

Proto234

Distinguished
tbh it makes sense
other than a handful of fights the action in OP isnt really the highlight, the adventure is

the fights are very straightforward and rely on emotional beats for the most part, compared to something like jojo or hxh, or even jjk
True, still I have to say that Oda kinda lost his touch on Wano's arc. The fights there drags far too long to my liking

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
I’d probably enjoy One Piece more than Naruto or Bleach if I sat down and read it. Shits just way too long now for me to get invested in.

Watched the anime and got bored of it because of its slow pacing but I know that’s not the case with the manga.
Nah my buddy blew through it in like 2 weeks it's a really good read when it's not week to week one of the few stories I've reread

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I’m a slow reader. And easily distracted at that
i caught up in maybe 6 months and im a slow reader and got two kids. it isn't really as long as it looks

another thing is, it isn't really a race to the ending either, the entire ride is mostly enjoyable. There's maybe 2 legitimately bad arcs and both show up late in the game

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
i caught up in maybe 6 months and im a slow reader and got two kids. it isn't really as long as it looks

another thing is, it isn't really a race to the ending either, the entire ride is mostly enjoyable. There's maybe 2 legitimately bad arcs and both show up late in the game
Yeah balancing real life with your hobbies can be a pain. I’ll see about it. I’ll binge the first few arcs to see if I get invested enough to read the rest.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Total serious here, just the canon series alone probably has more content than One Piece due to the sheer # of books and that's not getting into spinoff content.
Been reading the series for a decade. Shit is pretty dense. Think Kamachi even said he’s aiming for making it the longest light novel series. Guin Saga currently holds that title but Toaru is getting there

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I always say that the length isn't an issue if you at least enjoy it. It's the idea of "would you rather have a little bit of a good thing" or "would you rather have more of that good thing".

Nah the real issue will come to those who aren't caught up when One Piece is revealed for real.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
once i was actually in OP i never really cared how close i was to the end because I was having too much fun

it's far from the perfect manga hut it's fun as hell and something everyone should experience imo

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Been reading the series for a decade. Shit is pretty dense. Think Kamachi even said he’s aiming for making it the longest light novel series. Guin Saga currently holds that title but Toaru is getting there
On the subject of Guin Saga, you have any idea where to read most of the books? I've wanted to check out the series for a while but there's been almost no official english translations

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
On the subject of Guin Saga, you have any idea where to read most of the books? I've wanted to check out the series for a while but there's been almost no official english translations
Online no. Best bet I can think of is collecting the books physically

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Hm, idk what that is but have you thought about checking baka-tsuki/justlightnovels? Asking on Reddit is also a good place to start.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hm, idk what that is but have you thought about checking baka-tsuki/justlightnovels? Asking on Reddit is also a good place to start.
Their not on Baka Tsuki since the books have been released physically outside Japan.

Same reason the first series Index got taken down once Yen Press got the license to release the series in English

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
@Blade
:hestonpls

> main vilain of kr black
> with his last remaining energy
> in episode 50
> wipes dozens of stars and some planets as side effects, in secs
> transfers that multi star+ energy to shadowmoon = kotaro's main evil rival
> kotaro and shadowmoon have a heated fight in the near end