• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
My guy. If his shield blocked sound, ALL SOUND, he wouldn't hear shit ever. Someone talking to him normally doesn't obviously get blocked out since he can hear people. By the time him or his shield realize that what he heard was an attack he would have already been subject to it.

You cannot equate a magic attack to just someone talking to you. That doesnt work
His "shield" already filters it out period based on the characteristics of what tried to get through to him.
By the time it reaches his senses it's already filtered out. It's the opposite of what you said.

It was a magic water spear. If he had to SPECIFICALLY filter stuff out that would've gone through since he never even knew magic existed.
I'm not equating a magic attack to someone just talking, I'm equating it to a sound based attack because "not having a filter set up ahead of time" for both of them specifically would mean it gets through. And it's blatantly not the case for Accelerator.

Him consciously having to let gravity and sound reach him period means that he can filter stuff out based on what's harmful to him.
A fuck huge sonic scream will do jack to him.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
His "shield" already filters it out period based on the characteristics of what tried to get through to him.
By the time it reaches his senses it's already filtered out. It's the opposite of what you said.
So let me get this straight. if someone's power was instant death through words and he just told accelerator to die? It would get filtered out based on what?
It was a magic water spear. If he had to SPECIFICALLY filter stuff out that would've gone through since he never even knew magic existed.
I'm not equating a magic attack to someone just talking, I'm equating it to a sound based attack because "not having a filter set up ahead of time" for both of them specifically would mean it gets through. And it's blatantly not the case for Accelerator.
But how does he and the shield know its a sound based attack?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So let me get this straight. if someone's power was instant death through words and he just told accelerator to die? It would get filtered out based on what?

But how does he and the shield know its a sound based attack?
It depends on the method.

The same way he does for anything else. At it's basic level, it analyzes stuff on a sub-atomic level and looks for characteristics including (but not limited to) how fast it's going, how large it is, etc. Basically, if it deviates at all from what he usually lets in, it won't go through.
"It just works".

Like how do you think Gojo would've been able to block poison then? Since he said he "wasn't able to" just yet. What characteristics would Limitless be looking for?

I probably explained that poorly but yeah.

(You should ask Mr.OMG, Goldenboy, or Astaro for a better explanation tbh.)

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
It depends on the method.
Zebras death sound, works by making the sound of footsteps. If you hear it, you instantly die unless you have a strong enough will to live.
Theres a thing in Dr Who that can take over a persons body by repeating everything they say iirc

How would his shield know anything is wrong here.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
yn2Duo3.png

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
@Paxton better non confusing question.

If someone with better vector control that accelerator were to push him against his shield, would they move him or would they just go through the shield and hit him?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
@Paxton better non confusing question.

If someone with better vector control that accelerator were to push him against his shield, would they move him or would they just go through the shield and hit him?
Well, first off... it's not a shield. I hate people describing it when people describe it this way. It's a bubble of warped reality where Physics bend to his will and work a certain way (and also work through probability manipulation but w/e). That's basically the core of Esper abilities.

It surrounds and permeates within him, which is why he can deal with internal attacks even if they don't necessarily have a "projectile" or if they originate inside him.
If it moves (or even if it doesn't technically have the standard definition of a "vector", Personal Reality shit is weird) it falls under what he can deal with.

Electromagnetism, sound, light, heat, punches, fuck-strong attacks like Coronzon's Sword (which has some hax attached to it), etc.
The more knowledge has = the more hax he gets. Since he can just straight up apply this shit to stuff and be like "this has a vector now lmao". With obvious limitations of course, such as how well he "understands it" (we talked about this when Iihiko from Medaka Box was brought up iirc) regarding the knowledge he has at his disposal.

Knowledge is quite literally power in To Aru.

And considering how ridiculously smart he is + the fact that his artificial demon buddy Qliphah has the ability to just show an opponents history on her dress... yeah.
It's why his powerset is so ridiculous even in-universe.

And it really depends on the person and how potent their ability is tbh. He's kind of the poster boy for this specific kind of ability last I checked.
It's still a really weird interaction regardless, so... maybe?? maybe not? I don't know honestly.

TLDR: It's complicated.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
you can't rate me Optimistic, you know I have a point, especially when some of those required Black, White and Platinum Wings mode.
What circumstances are you referring to? :hm

Only Platinum Wings were "required" for Coronzon's Sword iirc (it's weird because they don't technically do anything), and it's practically a moot point anyway.

What circumstances are you referring to? :hm

Lostbelt Zeus being able to Curse Accelerator into being dumber like he did Holmes in Olympus. It's obvious the way Holmes was dumbed down and was forced to use his NP to even keep some level of his analytical ability is the same thing as how Espers use their abilities to their maximum.
Zeus doing that to Accelerator would crippled him badly.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Lostbelt Zeus being able to Curse Accelerator into being dumber like he did Holmes in Olympus. It's obvious the way Holmes was dumbed down and was forced to use his NP to even keep some level of his analytical ability is the same thing as how Espers use their abilities to their maximum.
Zeus doing that to Accelerator would crippled him badly.
Maybe? He outsources most of his calculations to the Clonoth/Misaka Network anyway.
Attempting to affect his mental faculties at this point is really weird at this stage.

The wings do the same thing too (well they're technically fragments of the Clonoth iirc, so semantics I guess).

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Unless those fuckers can control his body remotely... they can, can they? Wouldn't even be surprised at this point...
I think you're right on the money with that. The wings act on their own/boost his calculation ability by... an unspecified degree. But it's definitely significant. And there are hundreds of them that "regenerate" nigh-instantly.

(Slight tangent, god damn that part in the anime was so dumb. J.C. Staff mentioned nothing about Touma's precog, he only had two wings shown as opposed to hundreds, and Touma LITERALLY TAKES A HIT FROM ONE when the LN explicitly states that it would've turned him into chunky salsa if one were to make contact. And Touma certainly wasn't boxing him up in the LN if you've seen that one gif/clip of Touma hitting him with the "right, left" combo.)

Technically speaking, Qliphah herself can possess Accelerator to help him out with that as well.
My point was that affecting Accelerator's mind itself doesn't necessarily instantly beat him.

I think you're right on the money with that. The wings act on their own/boost his calculation ability by... an unspecified degree. But it's definitely significant. And there are hundreds of them that "regenerate" nigh-instantly.

(Slight tangent, god damn that part in the anime was so dumb. J.C. Staff mentioned nothing about Touma's precog, he only had two wings shown as opposed to hundreds, and Touma LITERALLY TAKES A HIT FROM ONE when the LN explicitly states that it would've turned him into chunky salsa if one were to make contact. And Touma certainly wasn't boxing him up in the LN if you've seen that one gif/clip of Touma hitting him with the "right, left" combo.)

Technically speaking, Qliphah herself can possess Accelerator to help him out with that as well.
My point was that affecting Accelerator's mind itself doesn't necessarily instantly beat him.

Ok outside of the Winged Mode, can they still take control of his body? Jesus, what the fuck Kamachi is doing with most of these characters for real? People complain about Galaxy level Servants but we have shit like this and not even a real basic weakpoint.
I mean at this point, Calamity Jane create a weakpoint and Kamachi will literally write in that Accelerator has no weakness.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Ok outside of the Winged Mode, can they still take control of his body? Jesus, what the fuck Kamachi is doing with most of these characters for real? People complain about Galaxy level Servants but we have shit like this and not even a real basic weakpoint.
I mean at this point, Calamity Jane create a weakpoint and Kamachi will literally write in that Accelerator has no weakness.
You're lucky Kamachi didn't (for once) do an insane amount of research on vectors.
Because there's some absolute FUCKERY that he could get up to if that were the case.

He's the #1 Esper for a reason and Aleister's Main Plan, after all. What'd you expect?

Gae Bolg still one shots him anyway gg :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back