• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Boy, I sure love people getting the mechanics wrong for To Aru and making the claim that all the stuff regarding Magic Gods is "wank", especially when the opposition is Shinra.

Only three people matter here.
Contessa+Servant, Makima, and Gilgamesh.

The reason for this is that all the other masters can be killed trivially by a PTV directed servant.
---
I would bet on Contessa here personally, PTV is a hell of a drug, and she has all the tools she needs to beat both Gilgamesh (A good servant+him being a massive jobber) and Makima (knowing exactly how to beat her revives, notably by first disabling her regen then eating her while not considering it an attack).

The limit on using PTV doesn't really matter given she only needs to use it a few times to get directions at the start at which point she can just turn it off.

Keep in mind, Contessa's Servant is fucking EMIYA and this dude is acting like everyone else including fucking Heracles with Illya would easily lose to EMIYA due to Contessa with PTV...

Can someone please tell these people PTV is limited as fuck? Let's not forget Servants have this thing called Luck... which literally allows them to tell Fate, Destiny and even the natural order of the World/Planet itself to go fuck off.
Hell, some like Heracles have enough willpower to literally do that on his own.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Boy, I sure love people getting the mechanics wrong for To Aru and making the claim that all the stuff regarding Magic Gods is "wank", especially when the opposition is Shinra.
All these essays and tangents and still nothing that isn’t stopping Othinus from dropping a galaxy on the verse

GG no re

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

SB using Lio in a fight makes me feel unreasonably on edge

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume when you say "Gilgamesh vs Contessa" you mean "Gilgamesh is standing right in front of Contessa, is motivated to kill her, and Contessa is completely unprepared, alone, and essentially unarmed".

In which case, I don't know how you think that and this scenario are comparable.

I know someone mentioned this in the topic but the Nasuverse literally shits on the concept of PTV entirely:
- Clairvoyance in the Nasuverse can literally cause attacks to literally home in on who they want to get hit(This is why EMIYA and Arjuna's arrows seem to gain homing functions for some reason) to the point of even reading peoples' minds or body movements to maximize hitting someone... this is the BASELINE of Clairvoyance and Servants have dealt with this.

- You then have characters like Solomon, Gilgamesh, Merlin and Suzuka Gozen who can see through the virtual myriad of possibilities/timelines/Universes, only limited to what they can process(Merlin can only process the "Present" but considering that he's in Avalon..., Gilgamesh can see through virtually any timeline, Universe and the past present and future and both he and Suzuka can show even more power to process things far better than Super Computers with Suzuka in particular can rival The Moon Cell itself)

- Then you have characters with Precognition in it's various forms and yeah, you end up with characters like Mordred who can straight up gets told to do something to her benefit(Her killing Gawain, avoiding a confrontation with Lancer Artoria), Artoria literally has a Spider-Sense that can even allow her to DANCE(No, I'm not kidding, this actually pops up in Shinjuku) just by looking at people doing it, Xiang Yu can literally process the future even days in advance through sheer computational power to the point it even gives Artoria's Instinct a run for it's money.

Having to follow some instructions to the best of your ability is pretty shit when say, you fight Kojirou who literally refracts dimensions so hard, he can summon 2 other attacks at the exact same speed and strength as the first to cleave you to pieces...

Do DB characters have any feats which are relevant in regards to surviving radiation?

Thats like saying that Thor resisted Mephisto's mind control therefore you don't need feats against mind control, just be more powerful than Thor. Or that Goku resisted Hakai therefore you don't need feats against soul erasure. If they resisted radiation that's a feat for them. Humans can be killed by radiation but Godzilla can't therefore you just need to be more powerful than Godzilla to resist it?

:lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat

Congratulations Blood Stone, you singlehandedly snatched the crown from GaRbs in that thread as the dumbest motherfucker in there.

Literally comparing Hax from Mephisto and resisting Soul Erasure... to fucking radiation, something covered in our Laws of Physics and we actually have living things that can survive radiation as is(Hell, there are humans who survived radiation poisoning of various kinds)

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

:lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat :lolwat

Congratulations Blood Stone, you singlehandedly snatched the crown from GaRbs in that thread as the dumbest motherfucker in there.

Literally comparing Hax from Mephisto and resisting Soul Erasure... to fucking radiation, something covered in our Laws of Physics and we actually have living things that can survive radiation as is(Hell, there are humans who survived radiation poisoning of various kinds)
Not gonna lie, even though I trust you Xhom, I didn't actually believe someone had said that shit.

Decided to check the thread and... I don't think I've audibly sighed like that in a while. :kobeha Is it possible to have negative faith in humanity?:wow

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Not gonna lie, even though I trust you Xhom, I didn't actually believe someone had said that shit.

Decided to check the thread and... I don't think I've audibly sighed like that in a while. :kobeha Is it possible to have negative faith in humanity?:wow
People like Xcano (aka Joshless) have genuinely argued for "slow bullets" and "the Flash hasn't shown superhuman reaction speed in addition to his enhanced movement speed" (this was nearly a decade(?) ago and he still says shit like this).

It's been bad for a while.

Edit: nevermind, that was someone else.
My point still stands.

Last edited:

Trust me, I had to re-read that and make certain that was typed myself. I legit believed no one could be that fucking stupid and actually say that out loud and not understand what they typed was absolute bullocks...
But Spacebattles always find people like this... somehow.

what the fuck does that even mean :skully

To basically try and speak SB Moron(Though this is also a peak beyond that):

He legit believes that since DBZ characters have shown no resistance to Radiation, this means they can't be resistant to radiation and compares it to 2 different types of hax, meaning he believes Radiation is the same as esoteric hax...

This is despite the fact that Radiation Poisoning is done due to those wavelengths ATTACKING THE CELLS of living beings...
Which would fall into typical Durability, not hax.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Yes, because resisting mind/soulfuck from a cosmic demon is somehow an NLF.

Also Dragon Ball characters can survive in space which is filled with radiation from the giant nuclear fireballs.

Getsa

Illustrious

This that same radiation that took a bit to kill City Level characters with no resistance to it 😂

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
People like Xcano (aka Joshless) have genuinely argued for "slow bullets" and "the Flash hasn't shown superhuman reaction speed in addition to his enhanced movement speed" (this was nearly a decade(?) ago and he still says shit like this).

Oh, I'm aware, I'm just partially taking the piss, and partially surprised, even though I shouldn't be, that this kind of big-brained logic is still present. :mjlol

Speaking of that:
Because, so far, the bullets are actually portrayed like real life bullets rather than being slowed down for animation like in RWBY.

It's still used today... even when that's not the reason why we disregard bullets in RWBY as a whole :kobeha

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

What i the fuck is going on in this thread and why are magic gods and othinus being brought up. Shinrabanshouman is 100% faster than touma and just kicks his dome off and moves on about his day. What in the fuck is wrong with SB?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
What i the fuck is going on in this thread and why are magic gods and othinus being brought up. Shinrabanshouman is 100% faster than touma and just kicks his dome off and moves on about his day. What in the fuck is wrong with SB?
:mjpls

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
This that same radiation that took a bit to kill City Level characters with no resistance to it 😂
I remember talking to someone on SB when they asked if he had poison resistance, I brought up that he was able to resist being retroactively erased from the timeline (or was it being in a timeline that was erased?). The other guy said that this wasn't the same as being resistant to poison, and thus Sol may still be suceptable to being poisoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back