Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
No, I didn't contradict shit, I'm explicitly stating how our rules work and the Phases are still occupied within the same space as the Universe in To Aru, different dimensions don't matter, the shit isn't like a DC Universe or similar in the slightest.
This is blatantly incorrect and going off a now outdated statement from a character.

You got at least one Phase, the one the Magic Gods are from, thats outside space and time and infinite in scope. Plus we know the timelines World Rejector sends you to are their own universes. World Rejector is quite literally the power of the Magic Gods used against them

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
tbh I honestly have no idea where Unexplored-Class individuals would sit at this point :mjlol
You can legit argue that Full power magic gods (Only when Virtual On feat is included.) seat at the third digit. 2 digit makes 3rd look like babies. Lets not even get into 1 digit.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
You can legit argue that Full power magic gods (Only when Virtual On feat is included.) seat at the third digit. 2 digit makes 3rd look like babies. Lets not even get into 1 digit.
Why would you need Virtual-On? The main LN already has the infinite worlds statement referring to Othinus (which said Virtual-On statement supports, not the other way around) :mjpls

(MGs also aren't technically the peak of power but that's another discussion entirely)

Anyway, so they're like megaversal (or w/e the hell you'd call them)? :hm

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I was including pre-Ultimate Kars
Even than that involved bullshit like Joseph suddenly having enough energy to hit Kars with the Ripple when he was previously so depleted he could not harm even a fodder Vampire. And it was not all that great of a final battle anywhere compared to Part 3 and 4.

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
Why would you need Virtual-On? The main LN already has the infinite worlds statement referring to Othinus (which said Virtual-On statement supports, not the other way around) :mjpls

Anyway, so they're like megaversal (or w/e the hell you'd call them)? :hm
I don't like using terms like mega versal because a) I don't know what it implies. b) Universe pretty much sums an entire multiverse since when tem universe is generally used, it pretty much sums all space-time continuum.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
My main issue with both Kars and Diavolo's defeats isn't that Araki threw some bullshit the MC's way to save them, it's that Araki felt the need to do so when the dude has shown the ability to write his way out of that shit before.

I fully believe the P5 crew could have beaten Diavolo believably if Arkai had wanted them too. His paranoia alone provided enough of a mental handicap for them to potentially exploit for an opening.

Kars was dumb and should have either been beatable conventionally or he should have had an easy way to get back to earth (copy a squid and ink jet for one :zaru)

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Even than that involved bullshit like Joseph suddenly having enough energy to hit Kars with the Ripple when he was previously so depleted he could not harm even a fodder Vampire. And it was not all that great of a final battle anywhere compared to Part 3 and 4.
Maybe Part 3, but Part 4 was kinda forgettable to me

And even then, Joseph’s “Ultimate Hamon Overdrive” (as he calls it) is honestly no different than Jotaro randomly growing stronger for no reason against Dio

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I don't like using terms like mega versal because a) I don't know what it implies. b) Universe pretty much sums an entire multiverse since when tem universe is generally used, it pretty much sums all space-time continuum.

Universe is a universe ( :maybe )

Multiverse is a set of distinct, separate universes

Megaverse is a set of distinct, separate multiverses

And if you thought "hang on that's dumb, a set of multiverses is just a set of universes divided up" then congrats, you now understand why most people's eyes glaze over when debating characters of that level :catskully

The general idea is that there's some distinction between the multiverses that makes them more than just sets of similar universes, but tbh everything gets arbitrary at that point.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Astaro What are Phases and how are they work

Please explain this cause I'm interested
Endless layers of reality created either by Magic or religions. Phases include Heave, Hell, Midgard, Mt. Olympus, etc for the ones made by the latter. For a Magic God, they can create Phases. Othinus destroyed and remade the universe through creating Phases, Magic Gods hide in their own Phase among the layers thats infinite in size and the only one that was still around after Othinus destroyed every other Phase

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Hey, you can't just unironically link an SB thread. We have a reputation to retain here :maybe

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Maybe Part 3, but Part 4 was kinda forgettable to me

And even then, Joseph’s “Ultimate Hamon Overdrive” (as he calls it) is honestly no different than Jotaro randomly getting stronger for no reason against Dio
I disagree, Part 4 had a pretty great even fight between Josuke and Kira and the way it ended unexpectedly was a nice change of pace from how normal Shonen final battles go, and at least there was some implication for why Jotaro had similar powers to Dio even as far back as when we see Dio use a Purple Hermit kind of Stand along with Dio merging with Jonathan's body to make sense. The big problem with the "ultimate Hamon" was how Joseph literally had no clue about it and just so happen to be in the perfect spot to use it even after giving up and than shit like his sliced off arm just so happen to catch Kars before he could kill him. The sheer amount of coincidences was almost too much, but Joseph purposely lying about planing it all even though he admits to himself it all was just luck all so he can spite Kars was funny as hell.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
You say Universe

But do you really mean multiverse or above that

and is there any concrete evidence?
Well technically in Othinus' case she made explicit copies of the physical universe (numbering in the billions at the least) one-by-one to mentally torment the MC, and then destroyed all of them at once later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back