• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

@OtherGalaxy @Qinglong @Xadlin

Thank you for your kind words.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

pretty cringe behavior from that guy ngl

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Does anyone else here play Tales of Maj'eyal?

Because I've honestly got no clue on how strong exactly the Scourge of the West should be even though I have like 100+ hours in it :mjgrin

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

will always defend effort, no matter whom does it.
seeing someone try to steal someones else effort is a crime, no matter what.

also cause we are OBD nakama :ryuaww

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yes he is, only people that dislikes fun disagrees.
People who DISLIKE FUN, disagree that the absolutely boring fun vacuum that is Aizen, is a good villain.

Sure 4th, whatever you say. :mjlol
Shonen needs over the top absurd villains
Correct.
that can't be logically defeated
Incorrect

ALL well written villains need to be able to be defeated logically, or at least in a manner that isn't random or the clear result of an author writing himself into a corner.

If they can't be defeated logically, then that is simply bad writing.
and give speeches or cool one liners all the time, pressentation is all.
That's all well and good.

The problem is that Aizen's speeches are boring and his one-liners are mid at best, 'cause the dude has little to no personality at all.
Because they exist to lose in the end, either by anticlimactic logic taken to the extreme or even more absurd powerups.
Literally trying to justify bad writing to pretend Aizen's a good villain.

Except there are plenty of much better writing, over the top shounen villains whose defeats are far better handled than Aizens.
You're even about to mention some of them. :maybe
And before arguing that, remember that even the villains you actually like are just that (Dio, Meruem, Kira, Kars, Mayuri...)
Difference being those characters are significantly better written, have much more personality and their defeats are much better handled. And despite him being in the same category of villain, Aizen being compared to any of them is a blatant insult and does not make him look better.

Aizen ain't those guys moron, no matter how much you want to pretend he is. :hestonpls

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
87982f25c02a24584f772ef1ad883b63.png

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Aizen’s problem was how long he dragged on as a villain. Same problem as the Arrancar and Fake Karakura Town Arcs

Just for it all to end with Ichigo handing him his ass in a couple short but sweet chapters after a day of training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Aizen problem was how long he dragged on as a villain. Same problem as the Arrancar and Fake Karakura Town Arcs
Wouldn't really have mattered if he had more personality/was a less boring villain, but by the time he was taking center stage, he'd already long since outlived his welcome and didn't have the Espada to carry his ass anymore.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Wouldn't really have mattered if he had more personality/was a less boring villain, but by the time he was taking center stage, he'd already long since outlived his welcome and didn't have the Espada to carry his ass anymore.
Espadas other than Grimm, Hali, and Starrk weren’t any better to me.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Espadas other than Grimm, Hali, and Starrk weren’t any better to me.
Arroneirro was decent at least, he and Rukia gave us a top 10 worthy fight.
Szayel may be discount Mayuri, but that still makes him a damn sight better than Aizen.
Nnoitra was shit but he gave us the best fight in the series.
Barragan at least had a sick design

Compared to a charisma vacuum who has ZERO good fights to his name, the Espada were a fucking god-send. Only Yammy and Ulquiorra were approaching the same level of suckitude as their "Lord".

Meanwhile the Nazis were just kind of shit in general which only highlighted how bad Mustache was even more. :kobeha

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I actually found the Sternritter overall an improvement to the Arrancar. Cool military aesthetic going for them and for even the ones that fell flat in personality, they often had cool and creative powers to make up for it.

Yhwach is definitely at least as bad as Aizen though

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I actually found the Sternritter overall an improvement to the Arrancar.
:tripscust
Cool military aesthetic going for them
Such a Nazi downgrade from the majestic capes and robes of the True Quincy. :scust

And yeah, I liked the Espada look better.
and for even the ones that fell flat in personality, they often had cool and creative powers to make up for it.
Nah, the ones that weren't just broken bullshit, were just kind of standard shit.
Yhwach is definitely at least as bad as Aizen though
Oh no, he's just straight up worse.

Take everything that was bad about Aizen as a villain, dial it up to 11 and you have Mustache.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

:джоджио
humanity being able to conquer dark souls is hilarious

without any calcs or any truly deep analysis necessary, Manus on his own created the abyss which has been sucking up kingdoms all over the world for thousands of years

Even if he died, in the long term Earth would be fucked just by him

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
humanity being able to conquer dark souls is hilarious

without any calcs or any truly deep analysis necessary, Manus on his own created the abyss which has been sucking up kingdoms all over the world for thousands of years

Even if he died, in the long term Earth would be fucked just by him
gimme a long colt .45 and I can solo him ezpz

>Ghosts N' Goblins
>Wheel of Time
>Eragon
>Elder Scrolls
>Warhammer
>Dragon's Age
>Dragon's Dogma

Can get stomped by our World's Military not even counting Dark Souls

:heston :heston:heston:heston

Status