Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
No Accelerator or Kakine allowed but Misaka isn’t restricted

Or Shokuhou still there to mind control Homelander and Soldier Boy against the rest of Vought

And pray for any poor fool running into Mugino on a bad day

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Ah yes because its not like Touma alone absolutely cracks the entire verse over his fucking knee or anything
People conveniently forget the amount of times Touma has tanked (and I mean genuinely tanked) attacks from either Misaka, or the average magician.

..which means he ultimately scales downward from a single volley of Gabriel's Sweep that can planet bust (or at the very least turn half the planet into ash):tupac

The last thing the verse hears

5pQ9wK4.gif

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Junko alone solos the U.S. military lmao

she was out here in Astral Buddy dodging straight up light attacks (which is actually very consistent with Academy City having actual light-speed lasers and other such feats that exist for characters at the mid tier level)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They are, even little things like dodging space debris or finding a planet would be impossible if you couldn't react at the speed you were moving, mind Mark tackling Allen into the moon shows that Viltrumites can react at rel-ftl speeds and there's also a guidebook that says Viltrumite senses scale to the speed there moving.
Rel-FTL would be a snail’s pace compared to the speed Omni-man moves at to fly to Thraxa that’s several galaxies away from Earth

0N4tgpy.png

08aP9v3.png

I’m down for Vought or any of the Supes getting stomped just because I despise this series and the tv show in particular
What do you have against The Boys? I respect your opinion and don't mind if you dislike the series even though I love watching the show myself, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you dislike the series?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
What do you have against The Boys? I respect your opinion and don't mind if you dislike the series even though I love watching the show myself, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you dislike the series?
The disgusting attempt at humor and overly cynical anti-super hero message of both the comics and show

And the TV show specifically because the leftard fairies behind it just can’t resist shoving their shitty politics into it.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
My opinion of the boys is that s1 was good and that's all. The Boys fell apart cause they tried to be a commentary on politics and superhero stories rather than just be a story of evil supes get killed.

The disgusting attempt at humor and overly cynical anti-super hero message of both the comics and show

And the TV show specifically because the leftard fairies behind it just can’t resist shoving their shitty politics into it.
So your main beef with the show, besides its leftward political messaging, is how it's just a series that seems to deliberately take a shit on superheroes itself with pure spite and vitriol and nothing more?

I can understand where you're comin from.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So your main beef with the show, besides its leftward political messaging, is how it's just a series that seems to deliberately take a shit on superheroes itself with pure spite and vitriol and nothing more?

I can understand where you're comin from.
Yup, really hate Gath Ennis’ stuff in general. Dude puts out some truly vile material

I mainly like watching The Boys as one of my most favorite shows on Amazon Prime if only because I'm curious to see what a full-blown subversion or deconstruction of the comic superhero genre would be with all the overtly transgressive satire, over the top parody, and edgy humor (and references to Dc and Marvel) to go with it.

A world of what it would be like if superheroes were real and all the realistic consequences that came with it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Invincible did it better. Omni-Man is like the only dark take on Superman that’s actually interesting.

Most I can say about Homelander is Antony Starr nails making him a love to hate kind of character. I pretty much watch the show just for him.

Invincible did it better. Omni-Man is like the only dark take on Superman that’s actually interesting.

Most I can say about Homelander is Antony Starr nails making him a love to hate kind of character. I pretty much watch the show just for him.
If it makes you feel any better, I do agree that Invincible is a better show/series than The Boys.

And Omniman is more interesting than Homelander.

Yeah, I think Homelander is pretty much the main attraction of the show for me.

Anthony Star's portrayal nails it consistently.

And Homelander, despite being an evil asshole and douche, is the kind of villain that makes you relate to him or feel sorry but in an ironically dark and twisted way.

The only character I like as much as him would be Soldier Boy or to a lesser extent, Billy Butcher (what my current Discord username is named after actually). Queen Maeve and Starlight are also both interesting.

I will say this in regards with Invincible vs The Boys...

Invincible is the better show or series with more appealing and cooler characters, better worldbuilding, better story, and more intense fight scenes...

While The Boys carries it for me more in terms of sheer drama, more intricate plot, comedy, dark atmosphere, violence and grittiness, political satire, suspense, and overall envelope-pushing offensive edginess. It's like the Family Guy of capeshit shows/franchises.

Back