Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

So your main beef with the show, besides its leftward political messaging, is how it's just a series that seems to deliberately take a shit on superheroes itself with pure spite and vitriol and nothing more?

I can understand where you're comin from.

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with Garth Ennis... anything that he makes:

Garth hates alot of shit and tends to go "full on edgy" to basically show his issues with it to the point of instead of being an introspection to why he doesn't like it and for people to see his point of view, it ends up just being like Holy Terror by Frank Miller... but with none of the actual nuance of why he made it in the timeframe that he did and how that could affect people(He was directly affected by 9/11 but does realize that he made a shitty book based on those experience... doesn't stop it from being shitty... fuck off Linkara)

Garth has NONE of this as even his... normal books... are some seriously disgusting shit(If you heard of The Stranded... just don't) and even his more okay books tend to still fall into his borderline issues with certain shit(How he depicts God in The Preacher) but if there's anything Garth hates more than anything else, it's Superheroes.
It's not even a joke to say how much Garth hates Superheroes, he's like one of those people who believe we can all live without religion and thinks it caused us nothing but problems just by existing but never understood that religion has helped humanity more than it has ever hurt it. You think Invincible hates superheroes? You think the TV Show The Boys hates Superheroes? Motherfuckers, you never read the COMICS because the TV Show actually downplays how fully stupid the shit gets and how stupidly edgy it gets.

It's ironic because when Garth pulls his head out of his ass, he can make some decent shit(or if he's writing Superman because he's the ONLY superhero that he doesn't despise... seriously, Garth is like the living Stain but as a Comics Writer) but when he can't... yeah.

Salfarc

Paramount

@Xhominid The Apex @Papa Nier
fucking_hell.jpg

WHAT IS HAPPENING
Another planet Laharl destroy for no reason other than they insult him.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And for good reason, Studio Pierrot redeemed that form.

Baryon Naruto vs Isshiki in the anime easily > Gear 5 Luffy vs Kaido

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
To this day the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard on Twitter was that Yamcha is just a peak human and doesn’t have super strength or speed

The desperate cope from the guy when he was shown Yamcha vs the Saibamen was still hilarious, he kept saying Aang and Deku could move faster

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
To this day the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard on Twitter was that Yamcha is just a peak human and doesn’t have super strength or speed

The desperate cope from the guy when he was shown Yamcha vs the Saibamen was still hilarious, he kept saying Aang and Deku could move faster
Literally on his debut

ssdHobC.png

:hestonpls

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yamcha at that point > The version of Piccolo that destroyed the moon with one blast.

The same blast that reached the moon in seconds, which came from his Ki, which Piccolo can obviously react to.

'peak human' my ass. Bro's prob just ass-hurt that Yamcha soloes his fav verse. :jordangif

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

I've seen a variation of this on twitter, but somehow even worse
step 1: Chiaotzu/Saibamen explosions are weak, only left a small crater.
step 2: they can't beat One Piece characters because of this
step 3: Whitebeard is planet level tho because Sengoku said he could destroy the world. This is totally legit and valid though guys I swear

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with Garth Ennis... anything that he makes:

Garth hates alot of shit and tends to go "full on edgy" to basically show his issues with it to the point of instead of being an introspection to why he doesn't like it and for people to see his point of view, it ends up just being like Holy Terror by Frank Miller... but with none of the actual nuance of why he made it in the timeframe that he did and how that could affect people(He was directly affected by 9/11 but does realize that he made a shitty book based on those experience... doesn't stop it from being shitty... fuck off Linkara)

Garth has NONE of this as even his... normal books... are some seriously disgusting shit(If you heard of The Stranded... just don't) and even his more okay books tend to still fall into his borderline issues with certain shit(How he depicts God in The Preacher) but if there's anything Garth hates more than anything else, it's Superheroes.
It's not even a joke to say how much Garth hates Superheroes, he's like one of those people who believe we can all live without religion and thinks it caused us nothing but problems just by existing but never understood that religion has helped humanity more than it has ever hurt it. You think Invincible hates superheroes? You think the TV Show The Boys hates Superheroes? Motherfuckers, you never read the COMICS because the TV Show actually downplays how fully stupid the shit gets and how stupidly edgy it gets.

It's ironic because when Garth pulls his head out of his ass, he can make some decent shit(or if he's writing Superman because he's the ONLY superhero that he doesn't despise... seriously, Garth is like the living Stain but as a Comics Writer) but when he can't... yeah.
Well that's a very interesting take and perspective in regards with touching upon the reasons behind your disdain for this series.

But I was under the impression that superheroes have always been more of a progressive and liberal alternative or modern-day secular analogue to God, Jesus, or any religious deities or mythical deities and heroes that the common man worships and idolizes.

I will just say that I heard The Boys tv show is much better than the comics it was based upon. And that it actually introduces completely new characters that never appeared in the comics.

And for what it's worth, despite its heavy political messaging from the Left, I do like how it makes subtle jabs at corporate power and woke activism sometimes like with Ashley Barrett being portrayed as being extremely performative and shallow in her support for BLM and her calling out A-Train on his hypocrisy over demanding racial justice when it happens to his brother while willfully ignoring the harm and even deaths he has caused others in his career.

And I know this will be a hot take for many here, but I actually prefer The Boys tv series as the current best alternative to the MCU in its current flailing state for my capeshit fix.

Aside from the DCEU and Invincible of course.

Omni-Man isn’t slow but you can argue his reflexes aren’t at the same level as his physical speed

Wouldn’t matter against pretty much anyone in that gauntlet though
So back to this, how do you think Omniman does against everyone in the Shonen anime gauntlet in that thread? And how badly does he stomp with each, assuming he actually wins? Are there any that can beat him in any way or capacity?

So back to this, how do you think Omniman does against everyone in the Shonen anime gauntlet in that thread? And how badly does he stomp with each, assuming he actually wins? Are there any that can beat him in any way or capacity?

The main issue is that none of them have any means to deal with his absurd speed whatsoever as it's stated in the comics that Viltrumites speed and strength is actually all up to their mental state and whether are not they are going all out or not(This is also all but stated in the TV Show recently too with Nolan begging his son to fight to kill, not to stop them).

And we know Viltrumites going all out is FTL and really up there in strength, well past anyone in the Gauntlet by leaps and bounds.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He kills them all.

Stronger than the vast majority and the few that can be argued to hurt him like 21st Budokai Goku or Yusuke can’t keep up with him

MCU is a pretty low bar to beat these days anyway
MCU's current declining trainwreck shit of a quality is the reason why I find its closest competitor, DCEU, to be the more attractive and exciting movie franchise nowadays.

And another reason I'm more into other genres like horror slasher movies and shit. Or the very few animated films from Hollywood that doesn't suck donkey ass like the Super Mario Bros movie.

The main issue is that none of them have any means to deal with his absurd speed whatsoever as it's stated in the comics that Viltrumites speed and strength is actually all up to their mental state and whether are not they are going all out or not(This is also all but stated in the TV Show recently too with Nolan begging his son to fight to kill, not to stop them).

And we know Viltrumites going all out is FTL and really up there in strength, well past anyone in the Gauntlet by leaps and bounds.
Oh and forgot to mention to you both that the thread specified that it was the Amazon Prime tv version of Omniman in the gauntlet instead of the comics version.

Either one way or the other, I assume the only way anyone on the Shonen hero side would have a legitimate chance at beating Omniman is if speed was equalized for all intents and purposes?

Back