Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

But the character in question saying it is a reputable source :rock

There's more reason to believe he's right (being one of the most knowledgeable characters on magic in the series, and being an immortal who wants to die) when he says it can't kill him over the idea that he's wrong and it can kill him.

like damn this isn't some random saying this

it's practically the author's mouth piece

Okay so then Touma can be killed by guns, damn everything else he has done or the forms he goes through then? Because that's precisely what you are saying there.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Touma isn't a reputable source for what he says about his own physical capability, because it's contradicted by his own showings and he's blatantly delusional in that regard.

Zeref is a reputable source on magic in Fairy Tail though.

They're not the same.

Touma isn't a reputable source for what he says about his own physical capability, because it's contradicted by his own showings and he's blatantly delusional in that regard.

Zeref is a reputable source on magic in Fairy Tail though.

They're not the same.

I said what the AUTHOR stated, not what Touma stated as what Mr. OMG stated himself awhile back.
Don't try and sabotage what I stated to pretend you have a point.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

"scp 3396 is stupidly fast for index standards like even Othinus’ light speed feat doesn’t even come close to how fast 3396 considering this thing can fire projectiles at the same speed."

vsb says it's MFTL through scaling to cosmic entities that flew across space in an unspecified amount of time

my brother in christ she can react to her spear destroying an infinite amount of phases after she throws it

:tupac

Salfarc

Paramount
As long as there is nothing contradicting the statement or implying the statement is wrong, and as long as the statement come from reliable source within the story: We assume the statement is true.
I didn't think due to FT would start an argument about the NLF. Although you could argue about friendship and love.
Kind wild this is even being argued by 3 people here yeah.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
As long as there is nothing contradicting the statement or implying the statement is wrong, and as long as the statement come from reliable source within the story: We assume the statement is true.
But the character in question saying it is a reputable source :rock

There's more reason to believe he's right (being one of the most knowledgeable characters on magic in the series, and being an immortal who wants to die) when he says it can't kill him over the idea that he's wrong and it can kill him.

like damn this isn't some random saying this

it's practically the author's mouth piece
6VZ58CX.jpg

Stronger than Time Jiren confirmed then

Salfarc

Paramount
6VZ58CX.jpg

Stronger than Time Jiren confirmed then
You are misrepresenting argument as if I said every statements are immediately and always true, this behaviour of misrepresenting is no different than Spacebattle. If Zeno is stated to be capable of rewriting reality and nothing contradicts it even if it isn't shown that means he can. Jiren shows his power and I think it isn't transcending time, therefore I think thats a contradiction. Is he strong enough to beat Hit's time stop? Yes, is he strong enough to break time? No.

This is like saying "Chaos cannot destroy the world as it got stopped by Musashi and therefore just statement and not feat". Bruh.

Satella is stated to be the one that destroys the world in Re:Zero, we don't have feat of her actually doing it. But we assume that is true until there is contradiction.

It isn't just for power level, Android 17 is stated to have wife and child. There is nothing contradicts it, we assume that is true. But we don't consider Mr.Satan's statement to be the strongest man to be true since there are contradiction to it. Statement is true if it comes from reliable source, until there is something that imply strongly that is wrong or flat out contradiction.

If a hypothetical bomb is about to be created by scientist and stated to be able to destroy an entire country when they are done, but scientists destroy it before it can actually get completed, that means it doesn't have "feat". But doesn't mean the statement is wrong if they actually make the bomb.

Also its kinda weird that you yourself are arguing in this thread considering you don't want us to argue here. But I'll stop, I don't really care much about this anyway just want to speak up a bit.

Last edited:
Like I'm not even sure what the hell is going on here or how people can still act this stupid with something so obvious:

Statements don't mean shit without feats here, you guys keep trying to run with Spacebattles logic while ironically pretending that we are operating under Spacebattles logic by working under OBD metric!
Mard Geer has Memento Mori and states it does X? So have we seen it do X against anyone? No? It got stopped? Then we cannot say it does X because we have no proof it can do that.
That's the whole ass point of why me and Black is pointing out how dumb it is to completely follow statements to their bitter end without nothing proving it.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
You are misrepresenting argument as if I said every statements are immediately and always true, this behaviour of misrepresenting is no different than Spacebattle. If Zeno is stated to be capable of rewriting reality and nothing contradicts it even if it isn't shown that means he can. Jiren shows his power and I think it isn't transcending time, therefore I think thats a contradiction. Is he strong enough to beat Hit's time stop? Yes, is he strong enough to break time? No.

This is like saying "Chaos cannot destroy the world as it got stopped by Musashi and therefore just statement and not feat". Bruh.
Your problem is that your taking me poking jabs at the argument of "If the statement is from a reliable source then we dont need feats" as a serious thing.

But let me get serious. The entire premise is ass. Regardless of who says what, unless the person has feats to back up what is being said I do not give a single shit whos saying it. I've always held this stance and its why I hate the way Elden Ring Fate, To Aru, and a bunch of other series, some of which I really enjoy, do things.

I dont have problem with the way Pax and Astaro argue about how Touma's abilities work because they have provided ample enoug feats and evidence at this point to make any statements behind what they say realistic. Other things are meh, but thats just my bias about Light Novel series and I hope @Paxton and @Astaro dont take it personally.

Meanwhile I abhor the way we get feats for Elden Ring or any game from the souls like series. All the fucking lore and shit for most of the characters is written down and we are just supposed to go "Yeah that counts"

Your example with Chaos is also ass as well. My entire annoying with Memento Mori is being going "Well its said to erase people from existence but it wouldnt work on Zeref" with no fucking backing to make that claim other than. "Zeref wanted to die" and "Zeref killed him." That less than worthless. If Excaliblast was stated to be able to one shot Herc through all 9 of his lives and then Saber got killed before she even got the chance to try. I would say "Guess we wont know" and leave it at that I wouldnt just give her the feat and call it a day.

This weird shit with "Well this person said it therefore we dont need feats" is fucking garbage and I will die on this hill. You can disagree with me but I will push back against any argument made this way because its ass.

Salfarc

Paramount
That is literally not how it works here, that's how it works in Spacebattles, what the fuck is happening here?!
That is not how it works in Spacebattles. Spacebattles are the one that doesn't believe statement at all, hence why one of their downplay technique is that. Imaginary Idjit's favourite technique is this. In fact I remember talking about this in SB because they believe statement are wrong unless there is feat. I don't remember what thread was that but it happens in SB. Believe thing will also means believing Chaos can't destroy world because there is no feats shown he can do that as Musashi stopped it.

Some people in Spacebattle do, some people don't like you guys here. Either way this is your argument with Paxton, I'll leave you guys to it.

Your example with Chaos is also ass as well. My entire annoying with Memento Mori is being going "Well its said to erase people from existence but it wouldnt work on Zeref" with no fucking backing to make that claim other than. "Zeref wanted to die" and "Zeref killed him." That less than worthless. If Excaliblast was stated to be able to one shot Herc through all 9 of his lives and then Saber got killed before she even got the chance to try. I would say "Guess we wont know" and leave it at that I wouldnt just give her the feat and call it a day.

Yeah, this is actually why for Nasu, we tend to be actually far less lenient when it comes to this shit BECAUSE statements alone don't mean shit.
I am not lying when I said it took years for the shit we have in the Nasuverse to even be at the level it is now, it was not just randomly puffed into existence at this level.

That is not how it works in Spacebattles. Spacebattles are the one that doesn't believe statement at all, hence why one of their downplay technique is that. Imaginary Idjit's favourite technique is this. In fact I remember talking about this in SB because they believe statement are wrong unless there is feat. I don't remember what thread was that but it happens in SB. Believe thing will also means believing Chaos can't destroy world because there is no feats shown he can do that as Musashi stopped it.

Some people in Spacebattle do, some people don't like you guys here. Either way this is your argument with Paxton, I'll leave you guys to it.

My dude, did you forget everything they ever state about Overlord? Farsight was literally going on a NLF train for Fairy Tail not even 2 days ago and that's not even getting into the shit with Frieren.
What the fuck are you talking about that Spacebattles don't do this?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Nah

going by your logic, as long as the character in question says it wont or will then thats all that matters. Feats or lack of feats be damned
the simpliest explanation is all that matters in your eyes.

So were just gonna run with that for everything now.
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF
Oh, that Mr. Bean gif. I remember that episode from when I was a kid, and the context around him doing it. Funny as fuck. Rowan Atkinson is an absolute legend. :mjlol

Back