Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

alright
I wasn't set on this guy being an NC dupe, I never buy people being dupes at face value, but I'm starting to be convinced lol
goes from trying to facade that he only knows of Elric through a respect thread to suddenly he knows every series and book yet wants to have Elric at wooden boat level+

Deeeefinitely not that cringey ahh old feud continuing

HP verse is one of the ''fetish series'' in SB , they literally create a fanfic in every single vs because of how shitty HP really is in power level , like the prequels main bad guy is someone who shits his pants when he saw WW1 :jordangif

It's actually World War 2 and even then, you can have morons say it was the Atomic Bomb that did it when it was just the overall warfare that scared the shit out of the Wizards :heston

Again, it 100% fits Rowling's statements that if Muggles was serious, the Wizards would get their shit pushed in at record time.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Beyonder is just jealous Suggs is unironically far better than him

He was legit crying about frat guys once lol

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
image.png

:tupac

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Still going. Incredible. This faggot made a lot more dumb mistakes too. The Four Who Are One didn't appear in The Balance Lost. The Three did. Zenith is not Ulric, and instead is Elric on a dream quest. He is still pushing for the narrative that Elric and Ulric are the same despite that, and that the bowl was a bomb.

Yep another garbo thread
He can shut the fuck up.

Greg Keyes: Of course, it had to be a TES story, so I was constrained by lore -- although not, interestingly, by game mechanics. I was told specifically that no one wanted to "hear the dice rolling" so to speak. We are to imagine the world of TES to be a real place, of which the games are merely representations. My book represents that world in another way.

Question 18: So, the dragons are big and powerful. Did you include some destructible environment so they could leave marks and scars everywhere they attack? Can they demolish buildings, break trees, start avalanches, burn houses, things like this that emphasize their power?

Todd: They do leave marks and scars everywhere, but as far as destroying buildings and such, it’s rare. It does happen, but not a lot. Systematically destroying our spaces is something we have not found a good way to handle yet, because it’s so dynamic. We’re dealing with places where we have NPCs living, and providing quests and other game services. It's something we avoid in every game unless we can specifically wipe it off the map, like Megaton.

Wawro: Hm, I wonder, you gave us the hot tip before we started that it would be wise to sort of expand the boundaries of a new Oblivion playthrough by opening up everything, looking at the game and opening up the Oblivion gates as well. Is there an area you would suggest that well shows off what you’re talking about here? Maybe it shows your hand directly or the hand of a designer you admire?

Rolston: Uh, no, because the possibility of a lead designer knowing the content of any Elder Scrolls game is diminishingly small. Morrowind is the only one I can really talk about, but I don’t think I’d actually played more than 60% of the built content when we released the game. I had certainly played it in prototype or white box or things like that, but you just cannot play the whole content, it’s just too big to put the iterations into it. So the reason I suggested wandering to different places, just be a tourist.

Francis: I’ll springboard off of Alex’s observation to ask, Ken, you mentioned earlier when you were writing that bible for Morrowind, you were starting to write about all the places where all these intersections would happen, right? And all these elements, “This character is of this faction or is of this mindset, so they would be in conflict with this thing.” Once a game like this starts getting big or even just medium sized. Even a medium-sized RPG would have trouble with this.

It's not just earth with some magic guys casting spells, right. The nature of reality is fundamentally different in the world of Nirn, because it's based all the natural laws come from the sacrifices that the Aedra made when they made the world. So Akatosh, when he put himself into the world, he made time happen, right, and so forth and so on with all the different gods. So you've got this really seriously interesting mythological background about the nature of reality and how it was created, and how it can be changed, because it's not set forever. It can be further changed by those who can channel magicka and force their will upon it. Right, that's what magic is.
Changing reality locally...sometimes locally usually temporarily but you're changing reality, and creatures and characters and beings of mythological levels can change reality in big ways! And that's what happens when you get a Dragonbreak, or a planemeld, or an Oblivion Crisis, or Alduin coming back from the depths of time. You've got reality changing in big ways. At the same time, you've got all of these people who unlike in sorta your standard medieval setting, they look at things in a very logical and scientific and organised fashion. You've got all these sages, you've got the mages guild researchers, you've got the scholars, and they're all breaking stuff down, and it gives a way...gives us a way...to convey lore in a way that is comfortable for 21st Century Western Players.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
He can shut the fuck up.

This is all the truth...

But it's also the truth that I've (and others) have posted these dozens, if not hundreds of times. And they still ignore them.

So fuck SB.

Back