• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Darkest Dungeon Mafia - Game Thread Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

To your first point, if that's the case, why are you choosing people you want to get claims from rather than letting people who do have reads lead the way? It just seems odd to me.
I'm not really blocking anyone from getting claims from players they want, see Craig. I'm not seeing what your point is here at all actually, I'm seeking claims from players I don't townread...
I'm many pages behind, I'm reading back on stuff, I see you and Ultra discussing my slot, I multi-quote the posts so that I can address them when I make my first readback post, and I misinterpret the post.

Like, this very post I'm responding to of yours now, I added to my multiquote without reading its entirety lol. I'd rather keep 'momentum' reading the other stuff in the thread and come back to this later (often at the end of a page), rather than trying to comprehend and address stuff immediately - as it will distract me from the rest of the thread.
The problem is I have to assume that you just picked the quote up without any regard for what it was responding to, and at no point did you check this to be able to make an actual response to it.
I can understand you think it is weird that I made that mistake - it is what it is - but I don't understand what you think my intentions were with doing that as scum.
Well, I'm not contending that you thought "let me completely misrepresent this and hope I don't get called out for it" if that's what you're asking. I'm contending that the process that led you to misrepresent it suggests to me that you're simply looking for things you think you can argue, and in error latched onto something you didn't fully consider. I'm arguing it's scummy because that process is far more likely to come from scum wanting to look good in arguments over town that actually wants to solve the game.

Evans

Acclaimed
Cos you ain’t got no game. Can’t do shit without having a cry or shooting angles. Gave you a chance but you just a mega bitch rat. Why you wanna distract from cp with a weak ass sob story about Dalton? Cos you wolf.

Are you broken

Evans

Acclaimed
Evans is kinda scummy in the sense that he's actually forming reads, questioning players, and having sane takes that show some level of understanding of the game state instead of death tunneling Ekko/Pein from the word go

:zilla:

:bosque:

Evans

Acclaimed
Anyway now that Clank is blocked.

Pein was cop confirmed which is good cos that elps me with POE. Juicy Vinegar claimed tracker with the shots, and the naming the shots dont seem good for me, but it's at least a claim.

Gonna do some ISOs if i can be bothered

What do you mean cop confirmed?

BPD never claimed his full role did he?

Evans

Acclaimed
Vote Lethal

Honestly I’ve just read the last 3 pages and I don’t want to read anymore of him. VT can come or go but he’s someone who’ll need to be resolved sooner rather than later :draper2

Dalton

Distinguished
Was he not using you as a pivot point to direct people away from CP? Or was I completely off the mark with that?
Well, you can speculate all you want about his intentions around CP.

That's not what I was referring to.
I'm not really blocking anyone from getting claims from players they want, see Craig. I'm not seeing what your point is here at all actually, I'm seeking claims from players I don't townread...
The problem is I have to assume that you just picked the quote up without any regard for what it was responding to, and at no point did you check this to be able to make an actual response to it.
Well, I'm not contending that you thought "let me completely misrepresent this and hope I don't get called out for it" if that's what you're asking. I'm contending that the process that led you to misrepresent it suggests to me that you're simply looking for things you think you can argue, and in error latched onto something you didn't fully consider. I'm arguing it's scummy because that process is far more likely to come from scum wanting to look good in arguments over town that actually wants to solve the game.
I know you don't think its responsible play to get claims from people who you "don't townread" - claims are limited to people who are under significant suspicion.

You can assume what you want to tbh. I don't see any value in continuing to try explain how I play the game to you, and your argument that misreading a post is scummy is just pure nonsense.

Ratchet

I know you don't think its responsible play to get claims from people who you "don't townread" - claims are limited to people who are under significant suspicion.
I think claims are a source of information - if the slot has nothing to townread them from I think it's perfectly reasonable to get a claim there. Who have I even asked to claim that hasn't had significant suspicion from elsewhere anyway? Rugrat?
You can assume what you want to tbh. I don't see any value in continuing to try explain how I play the game to you, and your argument that misreading a post is scummy is just pure nonsense.
It's not pure nonsense - you're asking me to take your word that you misreading it was completely innocent, when as far as I can see it was less about misreading the post itself, and more about arguing against the post as if it were made completely devoid of its surrounding context. I'm not saying mistakes can't happen, I'm saying the most plausible way for this mistake to happen would be if you're looking for things you can argue - a process I attribute to scum.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Nah, he did this with hime in the game where town got our first win. Tunneled her out of the gate and complained about people not following him. Then I joined his wagon to give him some support and he fucked off, then moped about it some more later. Then I more or less got her lynched later on by exposing a bad play she attempted. I suspected he might be doing the same with me here and decided to call his bluff. Don't have anything better to do while the other people being wagoned aren't around to actually post
Hmm ye now that you say it I remember how he almost bussed his way to a win that time. Idk man I just wish the SK took care of "confirmed townies" like that eventually to punish potential hardcore bussing.

Lethal

Exceptional
What do you mean cop confirmed?

BPD never claimed his full role did he?
I'm going off what I was told earlier *shrug*
Vote Lethal

Honestly I’ve just read the last 3 pages and I don’t want to read anymore of him. VT can come or go but he’s someone who’ll need to be resolved sooner rather than later :draper2
O rly?

Ignorant shit like this is why I don't provide those precious reads everyone craves from me.

Evans

Acclaimed
I hope you got it out of your system now, Lethal.

There's this little voice inside me that fears your faking it though, since you've turned it up 4 notches after Ultra and I commented on your frustration appearing genuine.

Completely this.

A point I made earlier in the game actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back