• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Darkest Dungeon Mafia - Game Thread Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
@Ultra You are right, sometimes it do be that easy, I need to stop overthinking things. GG.

First and foremost, I was an indi, so no need to apologize, you were inconveniencing me, but I wasn't ever irritated

But yeah you kept treating the scum team like grandmasters. That kind of treatment should be reserved for only players you are familiar with who have properly earned that.

Magic

Resplendent
First and foremost, I was an indi, so no need to apologize, you were inconveniencing me, but I wasn't ever irritated

But yeah you kept treating the scum team like grandmasters.
That kind of treatment should be reserved for only players you are familiar with who have properly earned that.
many people do that tbh.

"they just had a bad game, in X game where n, y, and z variables took place they did great and won!"

typically in the X game it was an okay performance and their general scum play is nothing to be weary of lol.

Grammaton

Consigliere
They had a janitor and a rolecopier - that's actually a pretty broken combination if tandem

What was the heart's and evan's unlockables btw

Evans - Strongman, bleeds and stresses any visitor to the killed player that night (think of it as a giant pig with a butchers cleaver going apeshit)

RDK - can erase an afflicted player (Superkill strength daykill)

(Yes Im aware of your commentary around breaking my rules, however the additional killing power mafia had was balanced around risk (duelling), setup (CUYM) or sacrifice (Giving up 3 jailkeeps for an extra kill))

Ratchet

But yeah you kept treating the scum team like grandmasters. That kind of treatment should be reserved for only players you are familiar with who have properly earned that.
I was the same to be honest this game, especially in regards to Craig. I don't really know if it's the wrong thing to do because my PoE was mostly accurate anyway, but definitely need to work on being able to see the forest for the trees at times.

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
I had faith in you in the end and you and Dest carried this to the finish line. That‘s what matters. I just hope you listen a bit more to me from now…I don‘t expect you to change your world view or anything, but my instincts were pretty decent the recent games, so maybe just consider them even if only a bit.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
wud ultra play as good if he was town, or will the town curse make him play less based?

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
I saw Craig play before and he was great as town so I just assumed he was the same as scum lmao.

Kurumi

Preeminent
Reading the dead chat now btw - I feel like saying I was honorary scum is a bit unfair lol, only serious misread were Craig and Vinegar, and I forgive myself for Vinegar tbh.

Only one saying this was Ekko if I remember right? I was townreading you all the time, protected you on Night 3 and it kinda annoyed me that some players like T-Pein were still seriously considering to lynch you in the end.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
May I ask how you were underbaked?

The game was designed with the understanding that in an evenish game, town would have several players lose their minds, so town having slightly more 'stuff' than usual was an intentional thing, but your toolkit was by no means weak (Maybe a ninja could have been useful, but you did have a bus drive and the ability to clone other stuff from non teammates)

Smark games are full of broken features whose interactions dont make any sense (such as dead town bodyguards reviving as serial killers, or game ending indies that require every other player to vote for them) - I dont think that was the case here?
Our roles were very limited and unlikely to have much effect.

1x lawyer/framer with an even night cop making it very unlikely those roles would ever interact. I was a prime cop candidate n1 and anticipated this and it didn't matter, it was impossible for the cop to target me.

A 2x motivator when our best roles were ineligible to be refilled anyway, i.e 1x bus driver and the lawyer.

A duelist which isn't a good scum role.

Only actually decent roles we had were jailkeeper (not claimable due to town having BG and RB) and Alco's rolecopy (also not claimable for obvious reasons). So the claimable roles were shit, and the good roles were non-claimable.

Don't think it impacted the game since our team blew itself up anyway, but definitely not a good role set for us. Meanwhile town had A LOT to work with.

Not really Smark-like in the sense of unpredictable hollywood mechanics, but moreso just prioritizing putting a lot of roles and flavor into the game over having it be balanced.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Evans - Strongman, bleeds and stresses any visitor to the killed player that night (think of it as a giant pig with a butchers cleaver going apeshit)

RDK - can erase an afflicted player (Superkill strength daykill)

(Yes Im aware of your commentary around breaking my rules, however the additional killing power mafia had was balanced around risk (duelling), setup (CUYM) or sacrifice (Giving up 3 jailkeeps for an extra kill))

Did town have any unlockable?

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
its always that easy here lol
I also didnt expect scum to duel each other so when it happened and Evans started speaking nonsense with his claim I was like ok hes scum so that reinforced my idea that Crag was town.

I mean who wouldve known mafia would duel each other, shit is whack as fuck.

Ultra

THE BEAR
many people do that tbh.

"they just had a bad game, in X game where n, y, and z variables took place they did great and won!"

typically in the X game it was an okay performance and their general scum play is nothing to be weary of lol.

Even really good players make mistakes

Was kinda bizzare anyway since it was posited on CP being competent town who always guns for low hanging fruit. He doesn't pass over a free meal, ever.

According to Fuji he was fucking Machiavelli though :jerrykek

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Only one saying this was Ekko if I remember right? I was townreading you all the time, protected you on Night 3 and it kinda annoyed me that some players like T-Pein were still seriously considering to lynch you in the end.

Hindsight hero much?
I thought watcher/tracker was broken.
Scum needed an invest to flip
I think I concluded Alco was it at some point

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
no i think ratchet played a mostly decent game with few hiccups, its probably flower who said it? i didnt read the chat

Ratchet

I had faith in you in the end and you and Dest carried this to the finish line. That‘s what matters. I just hope you listen a bit more to me from now…I don‘t expect you to change your world view or anything, but my instincts were pretty decent the recent games, so maybe just consider them even if only a bit.
The problem is actually something that you were saying helps you work well with Ultra - I go for reaso first and foremost. It's not that I don't value your input, if you can believe it part of my Ekko read late game was your scum read on him, but that it's hard for me to agree to a conclusion when I feel like there are obvious weak points in the argument. I suppose it's ultimately on me to bridge that gap, but it's something I do and will struggle with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back