• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Darkest Dungeon Mafia - Game Thread Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Only one saying this was Ekko if I remember right? I was townreading you all the time, protected you on Night 3 and it kinda annoyed me that some players like T-Pein were still seriously considering to lynch you in the end.
I'm actually disappointed in myself that I started to waver on my townread of you Day 2, I think I was pretty on point day 1 and just lost it.

Magic

Resplendent
The problem is actually something that you were saying helps you work well with Ultra - I go for reaso first and foremost. It's not that I don't value your input, if you can believe it part of my Ekko read late game was your scum read on him, but that it's hard for me to agree to a conclusion when I feel like there are obvious weak points in the argument. I suppose it's ultimately on me to bridge that gap, but it's something I do and will struggle with.
is applicable to both town and scum reads because the former typically shouldn't be nearly as grounded.

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
The problem is actually something that you were saying helps you work well with Ultra - I go for reaso first and foremost. It's not that I don't value your input, if you can believe it part of my Ekko read late game was your scum read on him, but that it's hard for me to agree to a conclusion when I feel like there are obvious weak points in the argument. I suppose it's ultimately on me to bridge that gap, but it's something I do and will struggle with.
It‘s because this gut feeling is hard to explain. Instincts are just there. But next time I‘ll try making a proper argument.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I guess the two redacted roles were good but they were redacted lol, probably should've just let us know what those were in advance so we could decide if they were worth activating or not.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I was the same to be honest this game, especially in regards to Craig. I don't really know if it's the wrong thing to do because my PoE was mostly accurate anyway, but definitely need to work on being able to see the forest for the trees at times.

I think your assumptions in regards to CP's claiming behavior and what he would/wouldn't do neglected to consider that scum are walking on eggshells in rolemadness for reasons entirely outside of their competence - you can't account for every any any possible counterclaim, so you always go with some cobbled variant of your role, especially if you can verify it. At least if you're an early claimer, you stick close to home.

Actually could have claimed Bus Drive though so disregard that, you overestimated him :aizen:

Ratchet

It‘s because this gut feeling is hard to explain. Instincts are just there. But next time I‘ll try making a proper argument.
Nah it's on me too, I probably need to get better at looking past the strength of the arguments and respecting the sentiments anyway. And to be fair I did do that, I just didn't feel the need to vocalise it in thread.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Evans - Strongman, bleeds and stresses any visitor to the killed player that night (think of it as a giant pig with a butchers cleaver going apeshit)

RDK - can erase an afflicted player (Superkill strength daykill)

(Yes Im aware of your commentary around breaking my rules, however the additional killing power mafia had was balanced around risk (duelling), setup (CUYM) or sacrifice (Giving up 3 jailkeeps for an extra kill))

I don't actually mind you breaking the rules, quite the opposite, keeps things limber and you know very well what you're doing

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I think your assumptions in regards to CP's claiming behavior and what he would/wouldn't do neglected to consider that scum are walking on eggshells in rolemadness for reasons entirely outside of their competence - you can't account for every any any possible counterclaim, so you always go with some cobbled variant of your role, especially if you can verify it. At least if you're an early claimer, you stick close to home.

Actually could have claimed Bus Drive though so disregard that, you overestimated him :aizen:
My plan was to claim bus drive, that's why I picked occultist. He has a move that swaps people around. But people were speculating about a bus drive n1 from scum due to some stress thing I've already forgotten about, so I felt like claiming BD was a death warrant.

Then I ended up claiming something that made no sense for occultist and just banked on nobody else having theme knowledge, which didn't actually backfire.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Worth noting that I was busy with trying to finish up some work on Mon-Weds before heading into a road trip vacation Thurs so my activity and motivation were very low for this game. I wasn't going to actually read back and put in effort knowing I wouldn't even be able to play much at all come Thursday

Grammaton

Consigliere
Our roles were very limited and unlikely to have much effect.

1x lawyer/framer with an even night cop making it very unlikely those roles would ever interact. I was a prime cop candidate n1 and anticipated this and it didn't matter, it was impossible for the cop to target me.

A 2x motivator when our best roles were ineligible to be refilled anyway, i.e 1x bus driver and the lawyer.

A duelist which isn't a good scum role.

Only actually decent roles we had were jailkeeper (not claimable due to town having BG and RB) and Alco's rolecopy (also not claimable for obvious reasons). So the claimable roles were shit, and the good roles were non-claimable.

Don't think it impacted the game since our team blew itself up anyway, but definitely not a good role set for us. Meanwhile town had A LOT to work with.

Not really Smark-like in the sense of unpredictable hollywood mechanics, but moreso just prioritizing putting a lot of roles and flavor into the game over having it be balanced.

It depends what you mean by balanced in this context - for every role you add to a setup, you increase the delta in potential outcomes. My main priority, as it usually is, was to create a game where with good play, town and scum have approximately equal chances to win.

A duelist is a fine scum role - its an extra kill with an element of risk attached to it

Your point about the jailkeeper is completely wrong - yes its in direct conflict with those other roles, but its your teams job to get ahead of the curve and cast doubt on those other claims. Basically 99% of games are going to have a protection role each side, thats the nature of the beast

The Framer I could possibly have left as 2 shot in retrospect.

The copycat is entirely claimable - town had several roles that were also massive red flags (PGO, Gravedigger, Roleblocker, Flowers entire role, the healer adding stress, 1 vanilla) - you definitely had room to manoeuvre, it just needed your team to not be trash.

Ratchet

I do think it's somewhat the latter, in that my read relied on him basically never making a mistake around that stuff which probably isn't a fair expectation anyway. It is what it is, I don't think the sentiment itself is bad, just need to balance it. And honestly, I feel like I played it right by getting out the way and getting you to commit to it Day 2, but that's just covering my flaws really.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Worth noting that I was busy with trying to finish up some work on Mon-Weds before heading into a road trip vacation Thurs so my activity and motivation were very low for this game. I wasn't going to actually read back and put in effort knowing I wouldn't even be able to play much at all come Thursday
ESPECIALLY after Psychic botched her claim repeatedly and Evans dueled me outta nowhere lol

Ultra

THE BEAR
My plan was to claim bus drive, that's why I picked occultist. He has a move that swaps people around. But people were speculating about a bus drive n1 from scum due to some stress thing I've already forgotten about, so I felt like claiming BD was a death warrant.

Then I ended up claiming something that made no sense for occultist and just banked on nobody else having theme knowledge, which didn't actually backfire.

Bus Drives are suspect by default anyway, your claim wasn't all too bad actually, the motivator was probably intended to be a good claim for the team.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
It depends what you mean by balanced in this context - for every role you add to a setup, you increase the delta in potential outcomes. My main priority, as it usually is, was to create a game where with good play, town and scum have approximately equal chances to win.

A duelist is a fine scum role - its an extra kill with an element of risk attached to it

Your point about the jailkeeper is completely wrong - yes its in direct conflict with those other roles, but its your teams job to get ahead of the curve and cast doubt on those other claims. Basically 99% of games are going to have a protection role each side, thats the nature of the beast

The Framer I could possibly have left as 2 shot in retrospect.

The copycat is entirely claimable - town had several roles that were also massive red flags (PGO, Gravedigger, Roleblocker, Flowers entire role, the healer adding stress, 1 vanilla) - you definitely had room to manoeuvre, it just needed your team to not be trash.
that's probably fair, I think the bus drive should've been more than 1-shot tho and the lawyer/framer role just sticks out like a sore thumb in this setup.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
Categorically. You were town reading everyone. In Fuji's world Psychic was the only mafia and we all sat down and had a tea party.

:sure:
False, you can read my colored list. I did put Craig and Evans( Pre claim in green) though but the rest of the greens was correct.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
ig the motivator was mostly intended for town cred seeing as scum roles were non refillable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back