• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
for whatever DB uses there isnt much to work with. the only time the size of the universe is ever addressed, it's said to be infinite. There's no characters like the flash or thor in TF so you'll never get measurable "they flew to the edge in x seconds" type feats. What is there is debatably multiversal though

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Just like the Vigilante Izuku arc they play up shit for shock value. Instead of the heroes being in a rigged mansion with the cliffhangers being "will they survive" with them getting out just fine off screen, its replaced with Bakugou's "death", will he get revived? Tune in next week (as if there's any question :mjlol ).

Thing is, the perceived "shock value" was so inexistent that those who praised the Vigilante Deku arc never factored that in. They probably didn't notice. I mean, I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but I still understand how that's a huge issue for some readers. I have nothing on the "death" of Bakugo, except for some people who were kinda celebrating his "death." If I'm honest, I felt nothing from his "death." And that's shouldn't be the case given how Horikoshi proved he can craft a decent emotional narrative around big events (E.g. All Might Vs. AFO)

They placed Bakugou a mid range to close range fighter and Mirko a close range fighter against basically All Might and the readers are supposed to be surprised when they get themselves killed. Mirio can't do shit, the rest of the big 3 can't do shit, Bakugou the secondary protagonist, the rival mainly just gets his ass kicked so hard he starts crying :mjlol.

Highly questionable planning and decision breaking reader's suspension of disbelief is both understandable and relatable. I suppose the aim is not to surprise readers, but make them dread what could possibly happen to their favorites. However, if that's truly the case, fakeouts defeat the entire purpose of that idea

Overall you make saveral good points in why this arc, and the way characters get handled, could disappoint readers. I still think there's some merit to the positive feedback

I'd wait for everything to sink in before reaching my own conclusions. Thank you so much for the explanation, and sorry for the late reply

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Like Power wise where MHA gonna cape at?
Island-Maybe country at best

BC easily can get Planet level at EOS making any screams of a rematch null and void
Not sure about that actually. Black Clover isn’t really big on destruction feats. Their there, but nothing beyond mountain to maybe island level stuff visually unless you take certain statements at face value.

What makes it strong verse has been its speed and loads of hax from characters.

The entire MHA cast wouldn’t even have a prayer in killing a single High-Ranking Devil dropped in the verse

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Not sure about that actually. Black Clover isn’t really big on destruction feats. Their there, but nothing beyond mountain to maybe island level stuff visually unless you take certain statements at face value.

What makes it strong verse has been its speed and loads of hax from characters.

The entire MHA cast wouldn’t even have a prayer in killing a single High-Ranking Devil dropped in the verse
well calc be a thing and shit also ya never know given the setting

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
dfi2kcw-99fb429e-6a32-4ccc-a590-11a3b2c796c6.jpg
one_above_all__3_0__by_androsvalgreen_dfi2kxb-pre.jpg

Great Potato

Preeminent
I don't follow Black Clover or MHA, so I don't have much investment in this one.

Maybe I'm underselling the popularity of these series, but I'd imagine Naruto vs Bleach fights were more popular for both the versus and casual community and they both got the sprite treatment, so it feels fitting for this to be a sprite animation as well.

Back