• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Does anything in BlazBlue get up to lantern levels, or vice versa or is this more of a "theme" match up and its actually a horrible stomp?

Not with how the OBD recognizes them.

There were some weird shenanigans at the end that if you squint sidewise through a broken mirror while slightly drunk could be construed as around that range

But I don't think any of them involved actual combat and tbh even if BB straight up set off a Big Bang on-screen the OBD would ignore it to keep it below GG :maybe

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Does anything in BlazBlue get up to lantern levels, or vice versa or is this more of a "theme" match up and its actually a horrible stomp?
Depends considering some argued BB Hax to be some broken shit and it is Thematic
Tho it really boils down to what u buy for BB

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
xlfj5wddzhn71.png

Sigismund

Not with how the OBD recognizes them.

There were some weird shenanigans at the end that if you squint sidewise through a broken mirror while slightly drunk could be construed as around that range

But I don't think any of them involved actual combat and tbh even if BB straight up set off a Big Bang on-screen the OBD would ignore it to keep it below GG :maybe

Depends considering some argued BB Hax to be some broken shit and it is Thematic
Tho it really boils down to what u buy for BB
Sounds like "Background lore shit thats unqualifiable/uncalculable?"

Because the words "What you buy" and "weird shenanigans" makes me believe this applies to God Tiers/Maybe Top tiers alone, but people tried to get that scaling to far lower.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Sounds like "Background lore shit thats unqualifiable/uncalculable?"

Because the words "What you buy" and "weird shenanigans" makes me believe this applies to God Tiers/Maybe Top tiers alone, but people tried to get that scaling to far lower.

Kinda? There's some kind of reality warping being that is affecting (depending on how you take it) either the planet or the universe.

I think the big bad steals her power or something and then Ragna kills him, but Ragna was also literally created by the entity to kill the big bad so idk how that plays.

Then Ragna gets the power and erases magic or something and lolnopes himself from existence because tbh why would he want to stay :maybe

I have no idea how accurate that all is and I've probably left giant holes in it but its BB so who cares 🤷‍♂️

Sigismund

Kinda? There's some kind of reality warping being that is affecting (depending on how you take it) either the planet or the universe.

I think the big bad steals her power or something and then Ragna kills him, but Ragna was also literally created by the entity to kill the big bad so idk how that plays.

Then Ragna gets the power and erases magic or something and lolnopes himself from existence because tbh why would he want to stay :maybe

I have no idea how accurate that all is and I've probably left giant holes in it but its BB so who cares 🤷‍♂️
Ah the classic "World" translation from Japanese to English, if I had to pin my bets based on that.

That is also assuming BB is japanese

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Ah the classic "World" translation from Japanese to English, if I had to pin my bets based on that.

That is also assuming BB is japanese
And they'll argue world means universe, and that this is how it was meant to be interpreted. No proper evidence given as to why, it just is. In other words, the Devil May Cry effect.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Hello there!

Managed to join here too. It seems this place is a little bit more comfortable...
nice to see you warlord! Hope youäll like it here

Also yeah, that black vs thawne was a massacre. the Flashes havent lost a single fight in deathbattle yet adn that speaks for it self.

also, Cap danvers have lost all her matches so thats fun to see.

next fight is probably only gonna be a joke battle, but might be nice to see if macho man gets his comics feats.

Kool aid is probably gonna get his commercial and comics feats, so why not give savage his snap commercials to

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
nice to see you warlord! Hope youäll like it here

Also yeah, that black vs thawne was a massacre. the Flashes havent lost a single fight in deathbattle yet adn that speaks for it self.

also, Cap danvers have lost all her matches so thats fun to see.

next fight is probably only gonna be a joke battle, but might be nice to see if macho man gets his comics feats.

Kool aid is probably gonna get his commercial and comics feats, so why not give savage his snap commercials to
They already doing that

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
If they make any mention of Macho Man scaling to Undertaker in the pre-fight analysis, he's got a guaranteed win. If not, its more interesting, but I'd still say Macho Man takes it. In fact, Macho has to CLAP that overgrown cheap drink bowl and take home the W, or else, joke battle or not, its utter bullshit.

:yousmart

If they make any mention of Macho Man scaling to Undertaker in the pre-fight analysis, he's got a guaranteed win. If not, its more interesting, but I'd still say Macho Man takes it. In fact, Macho has to CLAP that overgrown cheap drink bowl and take home the W, or else, joke battle or not, its utter bullshit.

:yousmart
Says the guy that wanted to see Black win for the salt. :lul

Maddie

Acclaimed
I want Seiya vs Shazam with the hopes that Seiya will end DC's reign of terror over non-Marvel verses. It wouldn't happen until next year or later for sure, and that hopefully gives enough time for Requiem to put the final nail in the coffin with some form of scaling Seiya to Zeus I pray.

Last edited:
Back