• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So this is pretty much a squash match in Asta’s favor. Thing though is the timing. Deku is in the middle of his final battle with AFO which isn’t ending any time soon and if this DB concludes with Asta winning, wonder how much MHA fans will flip out thinking not all of Deku’s feats were used?

Like how DB fans freaked out over the universal shit Goku and Beerus were pulling just after Goku vs Superman and demanding a do over that included them.

Could say the same for Asta since he’s training for the final arc but it’s not as bad since the arc just began and the authors on hiatus for health reasons. Nothing new or crazy should turn up any time soon after this DB

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’m also wondering just what numbers DB will be able to pull for Deku given the huge speed disparity between the two.

MHA still stuck at Hypersonic+ at best while Black Clover has had several consistent MHS to FTL speed feats.

Only way I see this happening is them assuming shit like Stars and Stripes being faster than the lasers and EM blasts from Shigaraki which is a stretch

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I don't know if it's something unique among some Hispanic reviewers, but I heard some positive feedback after Deku went Vigilante...

And even if the current arc is getting some mixed reception (Bakugo's fakeout), I still heard some praise for chapter 372

I'm still deciding what to think about the story, but it's the first I'm seeing a Naruto level amount of negativity when it comes to MHA. I'd like to know why... I'm really curious about it, for I find anything about tropes or narrative tools quite useful
@Xhominid the Fool @TrueG 37 explain gents

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I don't know if it's something unique among some Hispanic reviewers, but I heard some positive feedback after Deku went Vigilante...

And even if the current arc is getting some mixed reception (Bakugo's fakeout), I still heard some praise for chapter 372

I'm still deciding what to think about the story, but it's the first I'm seeing a Naruto level amount of negativity when it comes to MHA. I'd like to know why... I'm really curious about it, for I find anything about tropes or narrative tools quite useful
You're curious about the negativity for the series in general or just the current arc? Well now that I think about it the problems of the current arc basically began from the issues this series has been mounting up for a while.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I’m also wondering just what numbers DB will be able to pull for Deku given the huge speed disparity between the two.

MHA still stuck at Hypersonic+ at best while Black Clover has had several consistent MHA to FTL speed feats.

Only way I see this happening is them assuming shit like Stars and Stripes being faster than the lasers and EM blasts from Shigaraki which is a stretch
From what I remember FV is actually using that stuff :skully .

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Like legit, I don't understand how the author thinks the virtual rampant pedophilia and grooming is okay or would even work even in Japan:

Meliodas? Constantly gropes a 16 year old girl and we later find out it's his first love reincarnated for thousands of years that will always fall in love with him the second she sees him(Which still doesn't work as it's uncomfortable as fuck considering that plenty of Liz's lives we see have her see him when she's still a CHILD).

Ban? He has a thing for King's sister, that would be fine as she actually is older than him... except she looks like a kid for no reason(And we only get the BS explanation that they get older looking when they spout full Fairy Wings)

King? Virtually groomed Diane when she was the equivalent of a Child.

Merlin? Is basically a Kid that never grew up(No seriously, she virtually is)

And that's the MAIN CAST! Escanor is the only one who doesn't have that quality and instead, it's pure simphood... such a waste.
he made jericho a full on pedophile in 4KOA too seize this niggas hard drives NOW

Warlordgab

Illustrious
You're curious about the negativity for the series in general or just the current arc? Well now that I think about it the problems of the current arc basically began from the issues this series has been mounting up for a while.
How about the current arc?

It's relatively easy to pinpoint the flaws in the Rise of Villains saga, they're annoying, but they didn't seem huge enough to ruin the entire experience

The difference in the response to the current arc is what puzzled me the most

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
How about the current arc?

It's relatively easy to pinpoint the flaws in the Rise of Villains saga, they're annoying, but they didn't seem huge enough to ruin the entire experience

The difference in the response to the current arc is what puzzled me the most
The current arc honestly is pretty much the peak of Horikoshi's writing mistakes in my opinion. And unlike before "jes wait 4 the next arc can't cut it anymore.

Just like the Vigilante Izuku arc they play up shit for shock value. Instead of the heroes being in a rigged mansion with the cliffhangers being "will they survive" with them getting out just fine off screen, its replaced with Bakugou's "death", will he get revived? Tune in next week (as if there's any question :mjlol ).

Just like the other arcs Izuku uses his new quirks perfectly, making basically most of the cast superfluous. He only trained with 2 of them in the rest he literally learned while asleep. Basically cementing the 7 quirks as one of the biggest mistakes in the series when they're still trying to pedal how All Might was wrong and how multiple pillars are needed and shit.

Speaking of the cast except Endeavor (and initially Shoto) do basically fuck all. They literally can't do jackshit to Ashyraki despite the fact that his quirks are erased. Bakugou and everyone else are so worthless that they're honestly liabilities better off anywhere else. They placed Bakugou a mid range to close range fighter and Mirko a close range fighter against basically All Might and the readers are supposed to be surprised when they get themselves killed. Mirio can't do shit, the rest of the big 3 can't do shit, Bakugou the secondary protagonist, the rival mainly just gets his ass kicked so hard he starts crying :mjlol.

Ashyraki is boring as shit. He's always been a bad antagonist but he drags the story down. Ignoring that he could still kill everyone if he just....you know did it or that he could stop his quirk erasing by throwing a rock or something at super speed at Aizawa through the portal ( He's All Might lvl in strength so it's not like anyone would be able to react). You can't have that because he'd kill everyone, the power creep has gotten so ridiculous only Izuku and his dlc quirk pack can do anything. Instead we have him tanking everything thrown at him for 8 chapters for 1hp of damage. Oh and he can use a quirk- oh wait I mean a mutation bodily function that enables him to grow giant hands according to his will, which is different from a quirk somehow because something something quirk singularity. Even though that's not what singularity was stated to be but whatever :kobeha.

The crappy worldbuildng basically screws this series up once and for all. You learn basically nothing so this out of nowhere racism plot that Hori has had on the table for years comes out of nowhere. A chance to build up underutilized characters down the drain :skully. Hori knows it sucks too which is why he had to hand wave the whole thing by saying "oh mutant racism is gone in the cities that 99% of the series spends on but those countries areas man" shits stupid.

Izuku is just boring, I honestly don't want to explain the reasons why, dude straight up nears gary stu status and not the cool kinds. Also he's kinda an idiot, him getting looney Toons by Toga of all people and talking to her for some reason about dates basically screwed a bunch of people over.

The straight up dumbassary on both the villains and heroes in this arc :mjlol. Afo legit gets tricked by the Laser boy and Izuku's bad acting. The heroes planning gets even more retarded. "What's that close range fighters? Make them fight Ashyraki who can literally touch them and kill them instantly with his quirk and punch holes through them without it. "Oh you can't use your quirk in extreme heat? Help Shoto fight his brother whose flames are more powerful than Endeavor ". "Hey guys I know you know that teleportation guy that the villains want? Let's put him in a public hospital where civilians and doctors are at with their only protection being each other and weak people like animal boy. If they get in let's have the civilians hold hands and hope the mutant villains don't have the heart to kill them":why. Just an arc ago the cast (mainly Uraraka) basically dismissed the civilians concerns after they had their cities literally ran through, just a reminder :maybe.

I could probably go on but I'd have to go through a lot of the previous arcs. Tldr the current arc suffers from Hori not knowing what to do with the series after All Might vs Afo and Vigilantes is much better than the main series :mjpls.

So this is pretty much a squash match in Asta’s favor. Thing though is the timing. Deku is in the middle of his final battle with AFO which isn’t ending any time soon and if this DB concludes with Asta winning, wonder how much MHA fans will flip out thinking not all of Deku’s feats were used?

Like how DB fans freaked out over the universal shit Goku and Beerus were pulling just after Goku vs Superman and demanding a do over that included them.

Could say the same for Asta since he’s training for the final arc but it’s not as bad since the arc just began and the authors on hiatus for health reasons. Nothing new or crazy should turn up any time soon after this DB
The timing is extra fucked because the research for the matches is always a few months old. So Deku is not going to get his newest speed power.
The problem I'm seeing is that if they make them too close of a match, people are going to be pissed that they made it too soon. Deku is probably going to get his movie feats, he parts a Island sized storm in the second movie and I think dodges some lasers in the third. Do some Death Battle style wanking and combine that with Fa Jin, and Deku might actually be pretty close to Asta in power and speed.

Imagine how casual my hero fans are going to feel when Deku loses but because of the way Death Battle made his stats, he would have won with Gearshift. Airing a match that gets outdated in a couple months time is funny, airing one that's outdated before it even comes out just sucks.

This isn't like Saitama vs Popeye where even current Saitama loses, who is so much stronger than Death Battle Saitama who in turn was himself a wanked up version of manga Saitama at the time.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
The timing is extra fucked because the research for the matches is always a few months old. So Deku is not going to get his newest speed power.
The problem I'm seeing is that if they make them too close of a match, people are going to be pissed that they made it too soon. Deku is probably going to get his movie feats, he parts a Island sized storm in the second movie and I think dodges some lasers in the third. Do some Death Battle style wanking and combine that with Fa Jin, and Deku might actually be pretty close to Asta in power and speed.

Imagine how casual my hero fans are going to feel when Deku loses but because of the way Death Battle made his stats, he would have won with Gearshift. Airing a match that gets outdated in a couple months time is funny, airing one that's outdated before it even comes out just sucks.

This isn't like Saitama vs Popeye where even current Saitama loses, who is so much stronger than Death Battle Saitama who in turn was himself a wanked up version of manga Saitama at the time.
Didn't he part that storm with Bakugou's help though? Been a while since I saw the movies (for free) . If those lasers from the third movie are like the ones Nine shot out from his hands then they shouldn't count but hey. Death battle is gonna Death battle :mjlol .

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Adding on to my Goku vs Superman rematch comparison,

If this fight blows up enough, which it could given how mainstream both characters are, they could always make an Asta vs Deku rematch a few years later down the line when both mangas have ended and we’ve seen everything both have to offer….

…just for OFA Deku even with with all his feats to still get clapped by Post Ki-Training Asta in his new and improved Devil Union form

:mjlol

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

If this fight blows up enough, which it could given how mainstream both characters are, they could always make an Asta vs Deku rematch a few years later down the line when both mangas have ended and we’ve seen everything both have to offer….

…just for OFA Deku even with with all his feats to still get clapped by Post Ki-Training Asta in his new and improved Devil Union form

That's the funny thing. Like the main thing Izuku fans keep pushing. "Asta can't do anything for his durability, he can't tank shit as Julius shows" ignoring that wasn't really the point of that scene. Asta's training to get a power up that renders the whole thing pointless anyways :skully .

That's the funny thing. Like the main thing Izuku fans keep pushing. "Asta can't do anything for his durability, he can't tank shit as Julius shows" ignoring that wasn't really the point of that scene. Asta's training to get a power up that renders the whole thing pointless anyways :skully .

Doesn't help that it's not even true...
Asta has been tanking shit from powerlevels similar to OFA since Dante, let alone fucking Lucifero.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

that depends on the outcome

if Asta wins and get feats that are far above anything Deku could possibly gets EOS? nah Deku stans better off holding the L

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Then you have niggas thinking Blackwhip and his smokescreen would help to surprise Asta meanwhile he has danger sense despite the fact that Asta has ki sensing and as such that type of shit won't work dude basically has a better version of Izuku's dollar store Spider sense. One that doesn't make distinctions on what constitutes danger when a deranged serial killer is trying to stab you to death to prove her love :mjlol .

Then people bring up skill when Asta's basically a master swordsman compared to Izuku who only gets by with his quirk to the point that even the final arc has Afo state that Izuku can't actually fight for shit other than running in a straight line with basic punches and kicks.
Doesn't help that it's not even true...
Asta has been tanking shit from powerlevels similar to OFA since Dante, let alone fucking Lucifero.
The demons in Black Clover would literally have the Mha cast shitting themselves :mjlol.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Like Power wise where MHA gonna cape at?
Island-Maybe country at best

BC easily can get Planet level at EOS making any screams of a rematch null and void

Back