Dragon Ball Discussion Thread: MBXX Ultra Ego

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Watched Super Hero. Surprisingly good animation, not as good as Brolli but much better than RoF and transfinitely better than the fucking manga
You need any more proof that Toriyama ain't trying with the manga, and is doing the granddaddy of all coasts. :hestonpls

Maddie

Acclaimed
You need any more proof that Toriyama ain't trying with the manga, and is doing the granddaddy of all coasts. :hestonpls
People need to realize Toriyama is a comedian who accidentally bungled his way into an epic shonen at the seat of his pants. It was a miracle Dragon Ball was as good as it was. What made it catch on compared to the likes of Saint Seiya or Bastard was it was accessible for most ages unlike Bastard and Toriyama's character art was spectacular unlike Kuramada. However it never was intended to be an archetypal shonen like say Bleach or Naruto. On one hand this allowed it to stay fresh and even the fairly weak Boo Saga still is vastly better than Ywhach, Kaguya, or All For One, but this came at the cost that the series was at the mercy of a demented comedian who even if he has some greater vision for Dragon Ball forgets it and gives whatever he cobbles to an ignoramus like Toyble.

Heroes and especially Xenoverse has more interesting plots. I wish the writers overtook Toyble and relegate him to art

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
People need to realize Toriyama is a comedian who accidentally bungled his way into an epic shonen at the seat of his pants. It was a miracle Dragon Ball was as good as it was. What made it catch on compared to the likes of Saint Seiya or Bastard was it was accessible for most ages unlike Bastard and Toriyama's character art was spectacular unlike Kuramada. However it never was intended to be an archetypal shonen like say Bleach or Naruto. On one hand this allowed it to stay fresh and even the fairly weak Boo Saga still is vastly better than Ywhach, Kaguya, or All For One, but this came at the cost that the series was at the mercy of a demented comedian who even if he has some greater vision for Dragon Ball forgets it and gives whatever he cobbles to an ignoramus like Toyble.

Heroes and especially Xenoverse has more interesting plots. I wish the writers overtook Toyble and relegate him to art
Provided Toyo doesn't keep tracing, anyway. He really needs to stop doing that.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I really liked Moro’s initial design and I thought he’d be a cool dark wizard

but then it devolved into fucking Diet Cell bullshit. What the fuck happened?
Agreed. His initial design was quite unique both young and old. Than they just plastered Cell’s face on him and made him a hodge podge of past villains powers instead of focusing on the wizard aspect of his powers

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Wasn’t really a fan of Moro to begin with

Goats and wizards are lame, mixing the two is a recipe for disaster

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I don’t think Toriyama drew Adult Gas, I think that was Toyotaro

he definitely drew Kid Gas though, it was just Kid Buu + Predator like I mentioned before

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Wasn’t really a fan of Moro to begin with

Goats and wizards are lame, mixing the two is a recipe for disaster
The design was at least uncommon. But a Wizard fighter that uses magic in tandem with combat is pretty dope

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Going to be watching Super Hero tonight. Can’t wait
And saw the movie. As a Piccolo and Gohan stan, I was not disappointed here. Good amount of world building and old school Dragon Ball nostalgia for long time fans to pick up on. I appreciated the slow beginning and focus on story telling this time around.

I liked Gama 1 and 2 a lot more than i thought I would. Hope to see Gama 1 make a return.

Cell Max I feel no different against but… having now seen him entirely in action, I can see why they chose to make him based off Semi-Perfect Cell.

First forms lacks the facial expressions to convey pure rage and between Semi and Perfects, Semi’s more brutish appearance fits more.

That said, it would have been cool if Cell Max absorbed 18 or one of the Gamas to achieve of Perfect state with sentience and throw down with Gohan Beast to really make it a call back to Android Saga.

CGI was excellent. While I prefer hand drawn, this was done so well I honestly won’t be disappointed if the next film or even tv anime implements this so long as it’s at this level of quality at least.

Great movie. Beats Battle of the Gods and definitely Revival of F but between this and Broly, I still think Broly just slightly edges it out for me

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Got fucking robbed of seeing a properly Fusioned older Gotenks.

Between Broly now training with Goku and Vegeta and Piccolo and Gohan’s latest Zenkais, hopefully moving forward these 3 will be added to the future plot to spice things up over just Goku and Vegeta all the time

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Got fucking robbed of seeing a properly Fusioned older Gotenks.

Between Broly now training with Goku and Vegeta and Piccolo and Gohan’s latest Zenkais, hopefully moving forward these 3 will be added to the future plot to spice things up over just Goku and Vegeta all the time
I hope the fact the movie doing well can convince them they don't need future Arcs to focus on Goku and Vegeta to do well
Cause at this point there both stale

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I want a Broly arc, focusing on him learning to control and better use his powers is a great thing to build up on

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I saw the Super Hero movie dubbed.

Best Dragon Ball movie ever rbh. Everyone in the theater loved it. Piccolo and Gohan basically run the states tbh. The first thing everyone said when left was "Final fuckingly these two got powerups."

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I saw the Super Hero movie dubbed.

Best Dragon Ball movie ever rbh. Everyone in the theater loved it. Piccolo and Gohan basically run the states tbh. The first thing everyone said when left was "Final fuckingly these two got powerups."
As they should

Back