• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Hades Mafia - Game Thread

Poyser

This is gonna drive me literally insane if this keeps getting harped on because Poy's return is revisiting this nightmare

This has been brought up but I really want to enjoy the game rather than run around in circles so as a general note:

"Why does any of this matter"
because it fucking does for me

People please just atleast conceptually grasp I am doing this through a 'people' based lens and individual aspects are very valuable in assessing things I may have missed

Let me be quirky or whatever, we can talk post game about my methodology in general or I can just go fuck myself

I am good at people
I am bad at methodically analyzing through a investigative lens that's actually traditionally relevant to solving - aka the way the majority here does
You misunderstand me

I asked why it matters not because I don’t respect your process, but because you were speculating about two people that are DEAD. Even if you find any answer to why dofla let Ekko off the hook…. It doesn’t matter, because dofla is dead and was town. And Ekko is dead. The answer is meaningless to the game and I asked because it seems to me like you’re wasting time pondering inconsequential questions rather than trying to solve the game

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Yeah of course he could. Its just the way he tried to leverage the information he had on me before he claimed, and then the way he reacted to me afterwards just felt a bit towny to me. I'm not convinced at all though, and tbf I think he only started hinting at info once a wagon started building on him lol. I wasn't sure what Lethal was hinting at but thought it was more akin to a day kill due to his wording, so didn't really feel comfortable just telling him to blow up Orca lmao
I agree I'm very iffy about Orca's alignment but not necessarily his Tracker claim. Like you said he buckled once his wagon had real teeth to it but you acknowledged his claim of tracking you to Xadlin (O think you said him) and it's not like we haven't had strong scum roles like role cops and trackers before either. I have a bit of weariness around the duelist role for Lethal because it can and has been used often for both town and mafia teams. Last game I remember when you were mafia you were the duelist and leveraged it on Melkor who didn't have much town read to get a double lynch on town.

Poyser

I agree I'm very iffy about Orca's alignment but not necessarily his Tracker claim. Like you said he buckled once his wagon had real teeth to it but you acknowledged his claim of tracking you to Xadlin (O think you said him) and it's not like we haven't had strong scum roles like role cops and trackers before either. I have a bit of weariness around the duelist role for Lethal because it can and has been used often for both town and mafia teams. Last game I remember when you were mafia you were the duelist and leveraged it on Melkor who didn't have much town read to get a double lynch on town.
The tracker claim is 100% real, but again it’s just as often a scum role as it is a town one so the role itself isn’t AI

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
You misunderstand me

I asked why it matters not because I don’t respect your process, but because you were speculating about two people that are DEAD. Even if you find any answer to why dofla let Ekko off the hook…. It doesn’t matter, because dofla is dead and was town. And Ekko is dead. The answer is meaningless to the game and I asked because it seems to me like you’re wasting time pondering inconsequential questions rather than trying to solve the game
Because the impressions from certain posts - much like Craig's - could help solve imo

But we'd have to agree to disagree here
Only thing I'd budge on is analyzing Dofla's posts is pretty dumb now, yeah

I am queen of inconsequential questions but my play has been lacking so that's fair

Although getting into Ekko's head post death will actually provide some avenues to explore but he's got like 500 posts to sort through
I won't scavenge, I guess

Ratchet

Vote Lethal to win Duel

Lynch Orca.

I saw Orca's claim, and it doesn't do much for me. To summarise his posts today, he has leveraged Ekko's scum flip to push players off of when they voted for him, with no consideration for the posts those players have made. It's level one stuff, and just happens to fit the same agenda he was pushing for yesterday.

Polar can probably go with him, though Orca asking Polar if he was Indie tells me they probably aren't on the same team. That feels like not so subtle open co-ordination.

I'm fine with Lethal's choice of duel. He did wait for permission from Poyser before using it, but I don't think that's out of character or particularly scummy for Lethal, so I'm good with it.

When I'm done with work today assuming I have time I'll help establish the above on Orca through his posts, if need be.

Poyser

Because the impressions from certain posts - much like Craig's - could help solve imo

But we'd have to agree to disagree here
Only thing I'd budge on is analyzing Dofla's posts is pretty dumb now, yeah

I am queen of inconsequential questions but my play has been lacking so that's fair

Although getting into Ekko's head post death will actually provide some avenues to explore but he's got like 500 posts to sort through
I won't scavenge, I guess
You can ponder Ekko’s posts all you want, that could be useful

But analysing an exchange between him and dofla who are both dead is pretty weird yeah lol

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Vote Lethal to win Duel

Lynch Orca.

I saw Orca's claim, and it doesn't do much for me. To summarise his posts today, he has leveraged Ekko's scum flip to push players off of when they voted for him, with no consideration for the posts those players have made. It's level one stuff, and just happens to fit the same agenda he was pushing for yesterday.

Polar can probably go with him, though Orca asking Polar if he was Indie tells me they probably aren't on the same team. That feels like not so subtle open co-ordination.

I'm fine with Lethal's choice of duel. He did wait for permission from Poyser before using it, but I don't think that's out of character or particularly scummy for Lethal, so I'm good with it.

When I'm done with work today assuming I have time I'll help establish the above on Orca through his posts, if need be.
Daddy's horny for some whale meat, isn't he?

Poyser

Vote Lethal to win Duel

Lynch Orca.

Tbh killing retro and orca is completely fine with me. I’ve just never played with orca before but magic seems to suggest he does literally nothing as town? How do you see his town game?

As for lethal, nah asking me first is what I’d expect. It’s just that I’d expect him to wait for a couple more people but I wouldn’t really scum read him for that. Thing is he just kinda dueled an easy target that also just scum read him so it’s like really convenient. And he doesn’t seem to have tried to do any more solving from what I can see either. I’m not convinced of him at all, other than assuming he’s not aligned with retro and thus is prob town if she’s scum. But given her claim I’m not confident of that being the case either

Chairman Nibel

Breath of the Wild
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
He/Him
Tbh killing retro and orca is completely fine with me. I’ve just never played with orca before but magic seems to suggest he does literally nothing as town? How do you see his town game?

As for lethal, nah asking me first is what I’d expect. It’s just that I’d expect him to wait for a couple more people but I wouldn’t really scum read him for that. Thing is he just kinda dueled an easy target that also just scum read him so it’s like really convenient. And he doesn’t seem to have tried to do any more solving from what I can see either. I’m not convinced of him at all, other than assuming he’s not aligned with retro and thus is prob town if she’s scum. But given her claim I’m not confident of that being the case either
Maybe he did this because he felt useless and is only mean to help solve the game is using his duel.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Yeah I thought I'd get something from Dof and Ekko earlier when going back

OH YEAH

Which takes me back to:
In a world where Dofla spoke more than five words there'd probably be something there to parse that my brain could click with

I did mostly just want to see why Luka did what he did more than the Ekko portion, I think I'm happy with what I was given from him, it's pretty consistent as to why he'd go for Dof at least

However given Lu's claim he needs to work alongside us and discuss who the targets should be so shit like Dofla has less chances of happening Unless he's just going to go rogue

Poyser

I just skimmed his posts and perhaps I’m doing him a disservice. There were at least some attempts to solve and prod there. Feels underwhelming for him tho. I expect more detail and more replies etc

And I was right that he never addressed retros claim. He seems to have caught up so I don’t buy that he didn’t see it as it was a topic of discussion. And he didn’t acknowledge or address how likely it is to be a scum claim (which is unlikely on the face of it)

I get the impression he chose a duel for appearances and one that he’d expect to win rather than because he really thinks retro is scum. He didn’t even mention her until today

Not entirely convinced that’s scum telling from him tho either :heston

Back