• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Hades Mafia - Game Thread

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Please read my big post. Yesterday Orca was asking Polar whether he (Polar) was an Indie. Given the personalities involved I suspect this was him trying to ascertain whether he as scum has a potential ally in Polar. It's not iron clad, but I don't think he puts that kind of attention on Polar when they're on the same team, particularly because their history together enables them to openly buddy one another without real consequence.

The main issue is of course that it runs from Orca being scum. In regards to that, I invite you to read my last few posts - you tell me what you think of him investigating hime.
I went over it now and reread it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Both Orca and Polar are EXTREMELY aware of how people perceive their play styles and especially consistent buddying in plenty of games. I went back and remembered that it struck me as performative on Orca's part, as paralleled with Magic defending Orca's nonsense in day 1 trying to wagon Poyser.

I don't disagree that Orca's claim isn't true. But I'm still fully exploring the high chance he is a scum tracker. It could again explain why he received his results, a theory I think is valid.

Chairman Nibel

Breath of the Wild
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
He/Him
I was really really hoping you'd answer this without the word Zeus

Hate that you're leaning so much heavily into the Retro slot and the flavor around it. Can you give me something else
Give you? I have nothing other for you.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Find myself agreeing with the Kweh, there is really nothing that is going to establish anything by trying to pressure Alco with how minimal his activity to try and filter his equity with scum buddies if he does flip scum.

RDK

Marvelous
I kinda read "you're already giving everybody a town pass" as shade tbh
That's how I read it too

'free townie pass' kind of trivializes legitimate reads, I saw this as a way of trying to dilute any town clearing going on

As for the rest of Lucas towncase on them I think its eh, some marginally nuance townie stuff but nothing that moves the needle for me

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Why are you connecting me to retro?
can everyone give their top 3 suspects pls so we can formulate a proper direction rather than individual leave shit streaks on the wall and admire them.

nibel-as explaind

gad-think id prefer getting a proper claim from him and even in his most recent multiquote i feel like there really isn't many reads being made by him and it just fits the bill as his scum play.

retro(i dont mind her being lynched, but want to use the day for other shit and we'll see if she comes back with anything better than she has which has been mostly surface level "oh look, shiny" shit.

i still dont really get scum vibes from orca. like he seems to believe in the shit he's saying to the full extent and doesn't really care how he's coming across or playing with any sort of agenda.

why we lynching retro pein

this is incredibly slimy lmao.

why do you inherently trust poyser of all players if you haven't read much and that's not really your M.O.

and the usage seemed opportunistic as you saw people pressuring you and then went ahead and offered two people to off that would save you.

vote retro to win

i think i prefer this and possibly lynch retro with the day lynch because lethal's arrival, duel, and then departure look shady as fuck to me. as ultra mentioned, it looked like he was more informed than he should have been considering it looked like he was reading early game yet knew top suspects and knew to trust poyser, which looks like tmi.

zeus should not come forward, if they exist, for reasons stated already.

do not hint

do not openly defend retro

etc

odo includes flavour based mechanics. there is no benefit to coming forward for retro as it doesn't clear her. there is potential harm.
I don't know! It's a mystery with you undercutting Lethal's duel for him to win and have relatively a scattered pattern of lightly shading but also inversely soft defending her to put her back on the shelf if it needs to be revisited again! What a strange coincidence you are the main architect with keeping Retro around!

Magic

Resplendent
I might vote alco purely out of how much defense he's getting despite not really having contributing that much lol. Either that or he's being good guyed by tweet and others cause he's not so much to avoid being in poe

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I think a much better direction with the euphoric enlightment I have gained that the best direction today is to end Magic. He's tied to Orca and Retro, wants to off Alco and Nibel, his flip imo will be indicative for Poyser and Tweet too and has shaded Ratchet several times.

Magic

Resplendent
I don't know! It's a mystery with you undercutting Lethal's duel for him to win and have relatively a scattered pattern of lightly shading but also inversely soft defending her to put her back on the shelf if it needs to be revisited again! What a strange coincidence you are the main architect with keeping Retro around!

So my scum list was 3 people, 2 of 3 that I've helped gotten lynched and the third one I'd be fine with lynching.

Basically I've lynched the people I sus. That's called playing m8.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
So my scum list was 3 people, 2 of 3 that I've helped gotten lynched and the third one I'd be fine with lynching.

Basically I've lynched the people I sus. That's called playing m8.
I mean if you want to ignore how consistently you've soft nudged away focus and traction to end her in day 1, day 2, and today as well, sure. You can call it that if you want to play damage control being caught on always going for an alternative dupe to mislynch instead of her and Orca.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Yeah I think Magic is the best path today. Man is stickier with scum then a Canadian maple pancake for breakfast.

Magic

Resplendent
I mean if you want to ignore how consistently you've soft nudged away focus and traction to end her in day 1, day 2, and today as well, sure. You can call it that if you want to play damage control being caught on always going for an alternative dupe to mislynch instead of her and Orca.
We lynched scum day 1.

We're not lynching retro out the gate because, as per your census, there's 3 other scum to find.

These are brain dead thoughts

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
That's how I read it too

'free townie pass' kind of trivializes legitimate reads, I saw this as a way of trying to dilute any town clearing going on

As for the rest of Lucas towncase on them I think its eh, some marginally nuance townie stuff but nothing that moves the needle for me
I think we later found out that it was just a misunderstanding and Nibel corrected himself after he found out that Luka is not in fact giving everybody town reads

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
We lynched scum day 1.

We're not lynching retro out the gate because, as per your census, there's 3 other scum to find.

These are brain dead thoughts
Correction: there are 4 other scum and 1 remaining hostile Indie. You are a serial busser and in no way is it outside your style and strategy to not sacrifice a teammate to help establish yourself. I see nothing about how you've played that reads as in your town meta.

Back