• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Negima Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Resplendent
I don't mind the SK having another role (i.e commuter, kill modifiers) something that helps themselves achieve their win condition or go undetected at night), but they had 2 active roles on top of being 2x BP, and one of those active roles was an extremely pro-town role with no SK utility. Given that nobody else had more than 2 roles, and nobody else had more than 1 active role including mafia, it's just way out of whack with the rest of the setup. It is overpowered as hell and requires outguessing the host to anticipate. You're not going to find an indie role in any ranked game that comes close. I get that the contrarians have obviously primed the sheep here, but I'm pretty annoyed and disappointed by the setup and regret the amount of time I invested.

all you had to do was not clear him based on a role because the role had, from your pov, no SK utility(the utility was to look town while also being a negative to itself as it has to skip a night kill.

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
Particularly disappointed to see members of the WF/WS squad complaining about this setup too. What happened to the days when we endured Chimp setups and put them on the rankings anyway? What happened to Yuki Yuna still counting?

Ratchet

Bachi didn't get MVP though? LOL - with the cards he was dealt as a rep. He got the win, so MVP by default.
Only way he doesn't get MVP - is if its agreed his role was bastard.
Can't have it both ways tbh
You're literally creating a scenario where you are saying that one outcome validates your argument over the setup. I don't know how you don't see this.

Flower will have to answer why he wasn't MVP exactly- I think his threadplay itself had some issues and he didn't have to do all that much to close it. It is not a requirement that someone must be awarded mvp every single game.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
all you had to do was not clear him based on a role because the role had, from your pov, no SK utility(the utility was to look town while also being a negative to itself as it has to skip a night kill.
Yeah that's not the type of role a SK should have and that is obvious

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
stop the cap.
SK as we all have known it would had gotten lynched here 100%.
only reason it wasn't was cuz it had a double role.
no one expected that.
why can you not understand that?
well they shud expect it next time lol

Magic

Resplendent
Particularly disappointed to see members of the WF/WS squad complaining about this setup too. What happened to the days when we endured Chimp setups and put them on the rankings anyway? What happened to Yuki Yuna still counting?
they got ptsd apparently.

i know for a fact cp has endured a lot worse.

i also know he's gotten much stronger sk roles in the past lol.

Bachi

Distinguished
i was basically saying if u didnt show up to submit the last kill then the game shudnt be called

you obviously showed up so my point was moot

nothing to do with "stripping" your win, not sure where that came from
Man I went to play some games, didnt expected the votes to come so fast kek, when I finished and saw Cp at -1, I was like wtf, these guys are fast

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
stop misrepresenting what he was saying.
hella dumb....
he just said flower shouldn't auto kill at night.
he never said strip his win.
liar.
were okay with a tracker being an arsonist in JJk?

he tracks players + douse them

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
this is totally irrelevant as ranked became a thing much later, bastard setups were not uncommon during that era

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
You're literally creating a scenario where you are saying that one outcome validates your argument over the setup. I don't know how you don't see this.

Flower will have to answer why he wasn't MVP exactly- I think his threadplay itself had some issues and he didn't have to do all that much to close it. It is not a requirement that someone must be awarded mvp every single game.
I already said. I think he always should have gotten lynched Day 7, but Town inted and disregarded a clear from the Innocent Child of all players. So they can only blame themselves for this. Baki had some hiccups, but overall played well.

Magic

Resplendent
Yeah that's not the type of role a SK should have and that is obvious

if anything is too standard as "should have" vs "shouldn't have" then people will get cleared via what roles they have and that's not really optimal either is it.

if we do the same roles over and over it will get a tad boring too.

it's a variation. i understand it's frustrating losing. i understand it's even more frustrating being lynched like that in the final phase. but by no means is the game a bastard game nor is that a bastard role. your grievances should be with those that tried to walk back on your clear, not at the host.

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
this is totally irrelevant as ranked became a thing much later, bastard setups were not uncommon during that era
There were still MVPs and HMs and record tables back then, there have been ever since I played my first game back in 2016

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
if anything is too standard as "should have" vs "shouldn't have" then people will get cleared via what roles they have and that's not really optimal either is it.

if we do the same roles over and over it will get a tad boring too.

it's a variation. i understand it's frustrating losing. i understand it's even more frustrating being lynched like that in the final phase. but by no means is the game a bastard game nor is that a bastard role. your grievances should be with those that tried to walk back on your clear, not at the host.
I already had a go at them. We would've lynched Orca anyway.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
well they shud expect it next time lol

yes.
Last time town lost because town had no cop and scums knew that since they had no GF>
they faked cop and can clear all members.
Last time town lost because a mafia member rolled the cop and used it to confirm all scum players.
Now we can expect SK to be able to confirm themselves by using random ability that does nothing to advance their actual win condition.

All these things are just there to trick town.
kinda meh/10 imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back