• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Negima Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
I don't mind the SK having another role (i.e commuter, kill modifiers) something that helps themselves achieve their win condition or go undetected at night), but they had 2 active roles on top of being 2x BP, and one of those active roles was an extremely pro-town role with no SK utility. Given that nobody else had more than 2 roles, and nobody else had more than 1 active role including mafia, it's just way out of whack with the rest of the setup. It is overpowered as hell and requires outguessing the host to anticipate. You're not going to find an indie role in any ranked game that comes close. I get that the contrarians have obviously primed the sheep here, but I'm pretty annoyed and disappointed by the setup and regret the amount of time I invested.
only thing i agree with is he shudnt have 2x bp. one shud be enough
the rest of the role is fine imo

Ratchet

I already said. I think he always should have gotten lynched Day 7, but Town inted and disregarded a clear from the Innocent Child of all players. So they can only blame themselves for this. Baki had some hiccups, but overall played well.
I don't really agree that town inted per se - it was a hard game. I personally don't think Bachi had to do much all game so the idea that he was the MVP of the game feels a bit off to me. I think all sides made some mistakes - town did mislynch I think 4 times in the end?

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
I don't really agree that town inted per se - it was a hard game. I personally don't think Bachi had to do much all game so the idea that he was the MVP of the game feels a bit off to me. I think all sides made some mistakes - town did mislynch I think 4 times in the end?
Yep. 4 times. 5 with the execute.

Magic

Resplendent
yes.
Last time town lost because town had no cop and scums knew that since they had no GF>
they faked cop and can clear all members.
Last time town lost because a mafia member rolled the cop and used it to confirm all scum players.
Now we can expect SK to be able to confirm themselves by using random ability that does nothing to advance their actual win condition.

All these things are just there to trick town.
kinda meh/10 imho

you as town trick town all the time for very little reward with a lot of risk lol.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
LOL SK getting a free pass because of a night skip ability was the only reason he wasnt copped or vigged or even lynch.
it shudnt be like that psychic, ignore roles, focus on play. if u think he was that scummy outside of role then he shud be lynched

Emil

V.I.P. Member
I don't think Bulletproof players should be being told if they have been shot and if they are I want to know that it's the standard
it was a standard on WG
idk if it is anymore

Emil

V.I.P. Member
You're literally creating a scenario where you are saying that one outcome validates your argument over the setup. I don't know how you don't see this.

Flower will have to answer why he wasn't MVP exactly- I think his threadplay itself had some issues and he didn't have to do all that much to close it. It is not a requirement that someone must be awarded mvp every single game.
if not bachi then i think RDK deserves one tbh

Ratchet

2x BP was because Godfather was 1x BP, and felt like it needed to be hard to kill (scum could still strongman).

Anyway I think the complaints largely stem from the idea that the Serial didn't have investigation immunity and instead had a role that could come across as townie because it's largely pro town. I fully maintain that when you consider the wider setup, a townie having a night skip should raise questions - if you don't agree with that then you don't agree, but that's where the thinking was. It didn't force the town to have to commit to losing an investigative role nor did it explicitly state that the user was town. It was simply a different way of giving the Serial something to help themselves be seen as town.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Night skip is BETTER than investigation immunity. By a lot. Nobody would ever investigate someone with that role.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
yes.
Last time town lost because town had no cop and scums knew that since they had no GF>
they faked cop and can clear all members.
Last time town lost because a mafia member rolled the cop and used it to confirm all scum players.
Now we can expect SK to be able to confirm themselves by using random ability that does nothing to advance their actual win condition.

All these things are just there to trick town.
kinda meh/10 imho
there is also the role in RDK's game too
town just need to finally learn its all NAI anyway
otherwise we'll only have about 5 setups to cycle from with 0 diversity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back