• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #14: Mammoth Space Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
I can't understand much these days, which must indicate that I am heavily on the spectrum leaning left to the complete degredation of my mental faculties by the time I reach middle age.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Also Eraser is truly shit in the main series.

He already have a friend that died in vigilante, he showed emotion and when midnight died in the main series dude didn't even register it?

Seriously.
"Gotta speed run through the series faster than a Sonic game!!"- Hori

Like I keep saying it's worse when you read Vigilantes and him and Midnight were basically childhood friends. She's literally the reason he teaches at UA in the first place.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
"Gotta speed run through the series faster than a Sonic game!!"- Hori

Like I keep saying it's worse when you read Vigilantes and him and Midnight were basically childhood friends. She's literally the reason he teaches at UA in the first place.
Yea there's actually no reason for him to ignore her. Like literally dude is a loner and if we assume he has less than five friends. She's basically one of the 5 friend existing in his phonebook.

So it's pretty bullshit he didn't register midnight's death.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Okay change my mind, he doesn't look like an ass, that brother detective is a complete ass.

Like dude knows he has a problem at hand but he looking over his palm instead of under it.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
To be fair to the dude if the genders were reversed this wouldn't be an argument :mjlol . He would just be a creep :kobeha.
Or assumed to be one by everyone around him. The girl basically invaded his space to do that, and its no big deal, but if he did the same, to prove the same 'point', for little reason other than "he's a dude, bro!" he'd get labelled something he may not be very bloody quick. I actually knew a guy like this, and can personally attest, at least in his case, he wasn't a creep. Just incredibly socially awkward. An introvert trying to be an extrovert, which was never going to go well for him. :kobeha

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Yea, that ass of detective need to get a demotion.

Dude is a waste of a character.
Goes without saying but yeah. Tsukachi is kinda an asshole. He's called out for it by some other Vigilantes that the pros wouldn't be able to deal with some of this shit until it's too late if they can even deal with it at all. Being a Vigilante in general is considered almost equal to being a villain so it's not too surprising but still even compared to Aizawa he's being pretty unreasonable about the whole thing.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Kek

That movie turned Speedwagon into one-shot fodder who’s never seen again in the film. Same with Bruford and Tarkus

Joseph appears in the end…even though Lisa Lisa doesn’t exist in this movie timeline lol

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
compared to Aizawa he's being pretty unreasonable about the whole thing.
it's not just unreasonable it's like a vigilante killed his sister and his out for vengeance type of shit. And there's no explanation for his attitude as he allowed all might to run around and he is doing paper work for him as a side job.

So not even sure why he suddenly is such an ass toward Koichi and his group. This is probably the rushed part of the series as nothing explains this behavior of his.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
I like the reference to Tomazooma here.
FF80-page-6-Totem.jpg
FP1bmBdXsAIfY4N
The god in the top right, from the head to the symbol on his waist cloth.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
it's not just unreasonable it's like a vigilante killed his sister and his out for vengeance type of shit. And there's no explanation for his attitude as he allowed all might to run around and he is doing paper work for him as a side job.

So not even sure why he suddenly is such an ass toward Koichi and his group. This is probably the rushed part of the series as nothing explains this behavior of his.
Yeah, he values the law and procedures and shit too much and gives him only a black and white mindset. Koichi and gangs only real "crime" is unintentionallly making the police and occasionally pro heroes look incompetent by comparison in Naruhata :skully . Its funny at the end where every civilian is cheering Koichi on to beat number 6 while barely acknowledging Aizawa:mjlol. It's something that gets brought up in the main series but Hori never really goes into how stupid that shit is sometimes and isn't really good at showing grey areas of society aside from Endeavor to an extent. Sorta eliminates whatever point Stain tries to make, maybe if he were in One Punch Man or The boys he would have a point. In the forest arc Aizawa has to officially give his students the right to use their quirks to not die from the league of villains, After Shoto and Izuku save Iida from Stain they're chided by the police and Shoto gets pissed at them, though thankfully they pretty much let it slide and just gave the credit to Endeavor. Tsuyu retardedly says that Izuku, Shoto and Kirishima etc. Risking their lives to help save Bakugou is no different than villain behavior since they're unlawfully using their quirks without permission which is stupid and notably doesn't really apologize for saying that in particular(why did people like her again :kobeha?) . It shouldn't take much brain power to realize saving a classmate isn't the same in any way to a guy who in one of the first arcs nearly decayed her face off. Certain laws are barely explained since Hori decided it would be a good idea only to explain them in an image panel for a volume rather than integrate it into the series itself. It would make a good plot point worth exploring just how ridiculous some of this is but Izuku is a passive protagonist who doesn't question anything and has only currently realized that the world isn't black and white. He doesn't have to really change anything either since the hero commission is shut down so things will basically change for the better because why not and Izuku being the pinnacle of heroism rather than actual effort to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back