• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Fb1NiGAWYAgTG4x

Fb1NjrPWIAEBCal

Fb1NkKuWIAwkqgC

Big J

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
The Alpha of Awe. The Brute of Brawn. The Cultivator of Class. The Duke of Domination. The Emperor of Eloquence. The Fiercest of Fighters. The Greatest of Glory. The Height of Heroism. The Imperator of Intellectualism. The Jarl of Justice. The King of Knights. The Lord of Loquaciousness. The Master of Mortality. The Naysayer of Noobs. The Overlord of Obituaries. The Prince of Passion. The Que-hagen of Quixote. The Ruler of Ruination. The Sultan of Smite. The Taskmaster of Trembles. The Undertaker of Ubiquity. The Vaeyen of Vociferousness. The Warranter of Weaklings. The Xenophobe of Xenogeny. The Yardmaster of Yesteryear. The Zhar of Zoroastrianism.

Enter... Chadren.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Man I can see why THQ Nordic simply did a remaster of Kingdoms of Amalur rather than a remake like with their other projects.

The games aged like a fine wine that I sometimes even forget I’m playing a port of a decade old game. I haven’t even started the main quest yet since I’m completely absorbed exploring dungeons, doing side quests, and now joining a faction

It’s a damn shame the original developer went bankrupt making this. Can tell they had a real franchise going on. I’m picking up a Switch version of this game.

Hoping enough people buy this Remaster that THQ decides to give this game a brand new sequel

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Bought a bunch of GameCube games recently from some retro game store

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Resident Evil Zero
DBZ Budokai 1
Cars
Finding Nemo
Yugioh Falsebound Kingdom

the last two……I don’t even wanna discuss lmao
I remember that finding nemo game. I loved that shit when I was younger

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Jesus christ
:hestonpls
Keep in mind, Saints Row reboot was such a success, it’s publishers stocks plummeted over night.

Also keep in mind UK is basically PlayStation gamer central. If it’s doing this bad there, it does not bode well everywhere else.

And this is doing even worse than Saints Row there. No way that many more people are playing it digital.

Part 2 sold as much as it did from people being ignorant of the leaks and riding off the good will from the first game and Naughty Dog’s other past titles.

That good will has been destroyed with Part 2 being divisive at best among fans, so now people are going to be extra cautious about any future titles by them.

Or anything with Neil “We don’t use the word “fun” Druckmann’s name slapped on

That’s why they played it safe by banking on nostalgia with this remake over making anything new. Perhaps slowly try to win back their fanbase as a lot of past remakes have done successfully

And they still totally screwed this up.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Mornin' dude

Ain't Embracer the ones who aquired SE's Western IPs ? A.K.A Deus EX, Tomb Raider and LOK ? a.k.a legendary IPs ?

Not good to see they greenlit that fucking piece of dogshit that was the Saint's reboot.

Yeah, they are but I have heard Embracer is primarily hands off when it comes to other studios doing their development... which still doesn't bode that well to be frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back