• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #20: I am Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Yo. Haven't been on in awhile. Had to get a new laptop today since my old one is fucked up a bit. Still works, just retarded now.

Anyway, I probably won't be posting for a bit. Probably won't be streaming until next week either. We got Homecoming all week and these kids a fucking hungry. They eat everything in minutes. It's like feeding Saiyans.

Happy, but exhausted. How are you guys doing?
Same as usual, mostly just been playing some Superhot/Loop Hero and trying to catch up on Bleach in time for the TYBW anime (I'm on chapter 143 right now).

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Yo. Haven't been on in awhile. Had to get a new laptop today since my old one is fucked up a bit. Still works, just retarded now.

Anyway, I probably won't be posting for a bit. Probably won't be streaming until next week either. We got Homecoming all week and these kids a fucking hungry. They eat everything in minutes. It's like feeding Saiyans.

Happy, but exhausted. How are you guys doing?
Chilling, Working,Doing school work, Sketching

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I made Sesame Chicken from scratch and they attacked it like a pack of hyenas

And General Tso's pork

Jesus
This is giving me flashbacks to my time in university

I was one of those students too
:skully

I use to eat General Tso/Sesame chicken all the time from the commons :catcry

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Speaking of, why the hell is Mecha Phantom Beast Auroradon still banned anyway?

That and even Linkross can both come back with Halqi gone.

It’s amazing how the TCG handled this card, keeping Halqi at 3 for the longest time and banning several good Tuners and other niche cards that only became broken from being part of combos Halqi made.

Keep in mind that unlike the OCG, we got Halqi around the time Master Rule 4 got revised to no longer limit the use of Synchros.

Halqi was one of those really poorly designed early Link monsters made with no future proofing in mind and only justified at the time because it gave Synchros a much needed boost at the time.

That was no longer justified and now it was just a really dumb card that was holding Synchros back by getting so many Tuners banned under it and still being busted

Had to go, something in the future was bound to break it further and it was limiting card design for Tuners with its continued existence

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Latest banlist could have been better but boy am I not going to miss seeing this over and over basically any time the opponent puts a Tuner on the field @Masterblack06 @DestinyDestroyer

P7PnnF6.jpg
Speaking of, why the hell is Mecha Phantom Beast Auroradon still banned anyway?

That and even Linkross can both come back with Halqi gone.

It’s amazing how the TCG handled this card, keeping Halqi at 3 for the longest time and banning several good Tuners and other niche cards that only became broken from being part of combos Halqi made.

Keep in mind that unlike the OCG, we got Halqi around the time Master Rule 4 got revised to no longer limit the use of Synchros.

Halqi was one of those really poorly designed early Link monsters made with no future proofing in mind and only justified at the time because it gave Synchros a much needed boost at the time.

That was no longer justified and now it was just a really dumb card that was holding Synchros back by getting so many Tuners banned under it and still being busted

Had to go, something in the future was bound to break it further and it was limiting card design for Tuners with its continued existence
Hey I mean they unbanned Zenmaity so they will probably see if they can bring back linkross next banlist. Auradon still suffers from the link climbing shit because you can still make it easily

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hey I mean they unbanned Zenmaity so they will probably see if they can bring back linkross next banlist. Auradon still suffers from the link climbing shit because you can still make it easily
You can’t really Link climb with Linkross. Card itself is just Link 1 and you can’t use the tokens on the same turned their summoned. And Auroradon has an even bigger restriction of not letting you Link Summon any further for the rest of the turn after summoning its Tokens

Halqi broke both of them by having you instead use the tokens for Synchro summoning.

Zenmaity still banned. Another example of TCG’s incompetence. Card could have come back years ago. 3 in the OCG and doing nothing.

The real problematic card is Wind-Up Hunter anyway. The actual boards Wind-Ups make are no scary but today’s standards and the only thing scary about the deck these days is the Wind-Up Hand Loop with Hunter

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
You can’t really Link climb with Linkross. Card itself is just Link 1 and you can’t use the tokens on the same turned their summoned. And Auroradon has an even bigger restriction of not letting you Link Summon any further for the rest of the turn after summoning its Tokens

Halqi broke both of them by having you instead use the tokens for Synchro summoning.

Zenmaity still banned. Another example of TCG’s incompetence. Card could have come back years ago. 3 in the OCG and doing nothing.

The real problematic card is Wind-Up Hunter anyway. The actual boards Wind-Ups make are no scary but today’s standards
I only pay attention to the OCG tbh since the online simulators all use the OCG banlist unless you choose TCG. And you can still do the synchro summoning thing with Auroradon easily. Ive seen it done multiple times already and its just as cancerous as you think it is.

also leave my wind-up boys alone :maybe

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I only pay attention to the OCG tbh since the online simulators all use the OCG banlist unless you choose TCG. And you can still do the synchro summoning thing with Auroradon easily. Ive seen it done multiple times already and its just as cancerous as you think it is.

also leave my wind-up boys alone :maybe
Curious, what Tuners do they use?

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Curious, what Tuners do they use?
the video i watched a while ago had a dude using resonators and "red" monsters because that entire deck has good support.

Heres one I found of a guy going full auroradon combo using swordsoul

now obviously if you have your outs then its no big issue to not have to deal with the bullshit but yeah

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
the video i watched a while ago had a dude using resonators and "red" monsters because that entire deck has good support.

Heres one I found of a guy going full auroradon combo using swordsoul

now obviously if you have your outs then its no big issue to not have to deal with the bullshit but yeah

It’s not even viable in the TCG. Dudes using both Galaxy Tomahawk and Denglong.

Both banned in the TCG. I know you play OCG but I’m talking as a TCG player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back