• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Mashima’s style changed a lot within Fairy Tail. Went from looking like One Piece like how he drew late Rave Master to more his own thing around the time Zeref gets introduced.

The new style carries over in Edens Zero and has stayed pretty consistent. My only complaint with it is the Same Face Syndrome he’s got now.

Haru drawn in his current style just makes him look like Natsu or Shiki with a different hair color

GSZQ8dd.png
He's been drawing Haru like that for years now even before Eden Zero. It's most notable in the FT x RAVE crossover. He's started using softer lines with smoother edges especially around the faces. He also seems to have settled into templates for his characters the way Kubo (and Oda to an extent) has so he can just push out characters whenever he fees like it. Not a bad thing on it's own but it ends up stifling creativity. Sometimes. Araki is probably the only managaka I know that went through same face syndrome and still managed to be creative.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He's been drawing Haru like that for years now even before Eden Zero. It's most notable in the FT x RAVE crossover. He's started using softer lines with smoother edges especially around the faces. He also seems to have settled into templates for his characters the way Kubo (and Oda to an extent) has so he can just push out characters whenever he fees like it. Not a bad thing on it's own but it ends up stifling creativity. Sometimes. Araki is probably the only managaka I know that went through same face syndrome and still managed to be creative.
Oh boy Araki

EuxxFmnXIAk26j2

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Adachi. :kannasip

Like dude literally has the same character in every manga but if you place them side by side you can differentiate each other somehow.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Reiji Matsumoto too. 9/10 times they even have the same names as his previous characters :skully
Oh yea harlock author literally reuse character with the same name and you can tell the differences.
:sips: dude even worst because his characters also have the same style sometimes.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
@Vespa Crabro the new Urabrask is so fucking funny man

for some reason my opponent decided to use their Snakeskin Veil when I didn't even target their creature that was attacking my Chandra with any sort of removal and then next turn Urabrask flips and I get to use that shit when they tried removing my Urabrask :tupac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back