• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Inb4 there's an Easter egg of Aleister dressing up like this one time. Shit would make people lose it cause of how much of a meme this card is
Close enough

Crowley-the-First-Propheseer.jpg

latest

Got Aiwass as a card too

228630.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Konami also released another Thelema based monster, so it’s only a matter of time where we get more potential references

dune45.webp

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Also looking at these new illustrations... Gotta say Himura's old toaru art was way better.

OT V1

OT V2

OT V3

The new art is more manga-like and detailed but that's pretty much it... The atmosphere the OT ones have is much better. + Himura didn't soften the characters features as much as he does now.
A lot of manga/LN art would be better if they keep a bit of the rough traits in the characters

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
More spoilers-

-Apparently Rosenkreuz is terrifying and the first thing he did before murdering everyone was saying he doesn't care about human life and is gonna murder the Transcendants because he feels like it.

-He wants to interact with Touma for some reason, Aleister would rather die fighting than let Rosenkreuz get near Touma.

-Aleister does in fact use Coronzon's powers, invoking 333 so scaling goes

Rosenkreuz>Aleizon + Kingsford

-There are (or) were two Aradia's. That ln illustration with two Aradia's from the reddit post. Apparently that's because the Transcendants are artificial beings.

They can created unlimited copies of themselves with Alice.

Who's headless rn... So no sudden ressurections unless Alice somehow survived.

Edit: -Apparently R&C Occultics have a backup in district 15 of AC
If that's true, then I was right that many characters would scale off of Alice's MFTL feat, at least in reaction and combat speed.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Me personally, I like both Haimura’s old and new art style. It was bound to change after nearly 20 years of drawing a series too.

Yugioh referencing mythological or historical or fantastical shit is always dope
Just waiting for Konami to print me a Coronzon monster next

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Thegoldenboy2188 For other art styles in the series, Railgun manga has definitely improved. Girls are drawn less skinny and have more details.

Index manga went from rough and sketchy to clean and insanely detailed

Just compare Kanzaki here

27.jpg

To here

Eh4ynDo.jpg

Only one whose art are got worse was the Accelerator manga. It actually started out nice, having a rough, edgy but detailed look that was fitting for a spin-off on Accelerator. Up to the end of the first arc, it got better as the artist smoothed things up

By the second arc though, the quality dropped. Bad. Characters being drawn as simple circles with no nose for faces and Accelerator drawn looking like Gollum

4neP6kb.png

Just one of the many reasons no one liked the Accel spin-off. Doesn’t surprise me it got axed after the second arc

:hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Really says something when Scavenger, which was basically a discount version of the ITEM girls, was the best thing that came out of the Accel spin-off

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Really says something when Scavenger, which was basically a discount version of the ITEM girls, was the best thing that came out of the Accel spin-off
I liked the robots that used esper corpses as batteries.
As a concept it's pretty good.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Astaro
Bruh
Great engine for making Borreload Savage Dragon and other Level 8 Synchros. Just missing a Level 2 easy summon for the obligatory Baronne De Fleur summon

:cat

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That feeling when Konami even makes a Link deck like Salads that previously had nothing to do with Synchros now able to summon Borreload Savage and Baronne with the new support.

:hestonpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back