• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
0001-030.png

Nakaba downgraded hard with sds

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
0001-030.png

Nakaba downgraded hard with sds
he also lost the style. :kannasip like he followed the modernized trend and lost his drawing ability or something. Because if you look the detail in SDS and compare to banchou it's like drawn by 2 different people. at least Mashima was consistent with his drawing in all his books and was even better in his latest one. Even if FT is complete shit compared to his other books.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Mashima’s style changed a lot within Fairy Tail. Went from looking like One Piece like how he drew late Rave Master to more his own thing around the time Zeref gets introduced.

The new style carries over in Edens Zero and has stayed pretty consistent. My only complaint with it is the Same Face Syndrome he’s got now.

Haru drawn in his current style just makes him look like Natsu or Shiki with a different hair color

GSZQ8dd.png

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Mashima’s style changed a lot within Fairy Tail. Went from looking like One Piece like how he drew late Rave Master to more his own thing around the time Zeref gets introduced.

The new style carries over in Edens Zero and has stayed pretty consistent. My only complaint with it is the Same Face Syndrome he’s got now.

Haru drawn in his current style just makes him look like Natsu or Shiki with a different hair color

GSZQ8dd.png
Yea the face is consistent.

Yea the face is consistent.

Yeah Mashima does samefaces even harder than Kubo does...
But to be also fair to all mangaka, doing Manga is stressful as fuck enough as it is and the more you do it, the more you homogenize your style so you can get it done faster and/or ultimately get a set style in.
Sameface isn't bad on it's own as long as you don't completely overdo it like Mashima does.
EDIT: Doesn't help that in Kubo's case, he loves making his Samefaces actually matter in plot terms(Hisana and Rukia being sisters, Uryu and Ichigo are heavily implied to be relatives and not just friends, Zangetsu and Yhwach having the same face) rather than just laziness.

@Paxton @Xadlin
So Kronii is drawn by a fate artist?
:kannasip same artist that drew tamamo and nero. Like damn....

Yeah, she was. While of course there would be alot of oversight due to how many artists F/GO regularly uses, Kronii is explicitly designed by Wada Arco. This is also the same with the Main Foreigner artist designing Ina as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back