• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
My loyalty to the hive was rewarded with a new funny legendary

Sliver-Gravemother.png

Encore is an activated ability that can be activated only if the creature card that has it is in your graveyard. You can pay a creature's encore cost and exile it from your graveyard to create a number of token copies of it equal to your number of opponents. Each of those tokens has haste, must attack that player, and is sacrificed during the end step.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
goddamn scary as hell is what it is if you have the combo of Manaweft/Chromatic lantern/Cryptolith Rite and Intruder Alarm

if you add something like First sliver's cascade effect then it's basically joever for them at that point since it'll basically self pay

Really nasty stuff

Yeah, I’m mixed with Mashima doing the whole reset on everything.

Especially with redeeming past villains, or at least these new world version of them

Honestly, I don't see it being all that mixed.
They already paid their dues... and died in the Timelines where they did their most heinous shit.
There's no need to continue making them be horrifically evil, especially if the reset is more or less "Get the villains at the time before they became reprehensible pieces of shit and change them then and there".
Or maybe I say this because Kagura's Mothers' still gets me even when I KNOW she deserves it because DAMN, I knew Mashima wanted to go hard but fuck I was not ready for that.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It’s more than that, these are alternate universe counterparts. Universe 0 Drakken Joe, Kurenai, and Poseidon Shura are all innocent of anything the previous universe versions of them did.

And even knowing that, it still hits me the wrong way seeing Shura as redeemable now. Dude was such a bastard before.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Dr. Muller was so bad, Mashima just straight up retconned him from existence instead of making a good or less evil version of him in the new world

:heston

It’s more than that, these are alternate universe counterparts. Universe 0 Drakken Joe, Kurenai, and Poseidon Shura are all innocent of anything the previous universe versions of them did.

And even knowing that, it still hits me the wrong way seeing Shura as redeemable now. Dude was such a bastard before.

Honestly reading it, it seems like Universe Zero is THE ground zero of the Multiverse of Eden's Zero and to be fair, it makes no sense that people are just perma-evil in every Universe, you know?
Not all of these people became evil because they was born that way(Especially Drakken Joe whose more like Zouken Matou in forgetting why he wanted to live forever). So yeah, Mashima wanted people to be reprehensible scumbags when the hero meets them, doesn't mean it will be the case in every Universe.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
New chapter already shows new Shura isn’t like the one from before. He’s still a tyrant like before but…

> Seemingly healthy relationship with Ijuna vs the fucked up Stockholm Syndrome shit he put her through
> Cyca is still alive as opposed to before where Shura killed him immediately just for being a machine. Seems to be in good standing with him and the other Ocean 6 too.
> Overall seems more laid back and isn’t killing his own subordinate for the slightest reasons. Even the tyrant thing is not as apparent since there doesn’t seem to be quite as much ugency to overthrow him like it was before with both him and his dad before him in the previous world

Mashima really had to go the extra mile to make it clear with the reader that this Shura isn’t even half the bastard of the previous one

:russ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back