• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
26jLIzR_d.webp

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

"Turn Based Combat wouldn't work with photo-realistic graphics due to it breaking immersion."

Yes just like how it broke the immersion in every other Final Fantasy game that has it right?
Oh wait, it didn't so that excuse is completely bullshit.

"Final Fantasy VII Remake would not have sold nearly as well if it retained turn-based combat."

That is a fat sack of crap and you damn well know it. Final Fantasy VII Remake sold as well as it did, BECAUSE it is Final Fantasy VII, it has fuck all to do with the weather the gameplay was action or turn based. It wouldn't have mattered what gameplay they put in that shit, it STILL would have sold like fucking hot cakes.

There's NO good reason whatsoever that mainline Final Fantasy games can't still be turn based.

Speaking as someone who prefers action-based gameplay and loved both 7R and 16's approach....he's talking horseshit :skully

7R has a special mode meant to make it more approximate to turn-based and people got super-excited about it. If it'd been actually turn-based people would have been giving it the exact same level of praise except for "sticking to its guns". Its FF7, it can do no wrong to like 80% of the fanbase.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Happy independence day to everyone that commeorate it :cattap

I feel like if FFVII had went on the turn-based route it might have sold even more than it did
Honestly I think people would have poured as much money into it regardless of turn based gameplay or not. Ff7 brand alone prints money for Square more than not, quality be damned :skully.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Jonathan Majors’ ex girlfriend may be getting arrested over the allegations if she steps foot in the US

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Half this list is absolute shite

>talking to much while fighting is terrible
Fuck off
>power of friendship is bad
Get your angsty ass outta here

Shonen power scaling is a great way to provide a sense of progress, and plenty of series handle it well, such as My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan.

:oldryoma
LMAO, deku's abilities are literally just three offshoots of ofa+spiderman, broke its own logic with Shiggy diggy being all handsy despite having no quirk because lolsingularity and hori didn't even have the decency to actually have star do any meaningful with her "beserk quirk" with how he had Shiggy regain regen offscreen, oh and you have the fuking quirkless all might about to fight AFO:kobeha

AOT, brother, Eren literally became God and decided that the only way to save his island was by nuking everyone else because lolfate. Instead of using his powers for anything else. Eren was literally god, he had so many for options to save Eldians and make peace but nope! Just nuke everyone because my future self did so. Oh and he killed his own mom and then had a bitchfit about everything HE CAUSED! Then became a bird.:russ

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
The cherry on top is the image of Ichigo above it, when him being part everything is the least contrived thing brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back