• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'm a little sad that One Piece fans are so satisfied with Luffy going through the same motions over and over for over 1000 chapters without wanting the story to do anything interesting or even new with his character. If morons want the same thing but louder for another 1000 chapters I won't begrudge them that any more than I'd dislike a baby for watching a mobile spin around. But I certainly won't think 25 of their opinions are worth one of mine.
Apparently just generally enjoying a character makes you a MORON now huh? :really

I mean I know what he means, that he doesn't like that Luffy doesn't really develop or change which is fine if you don't like that, but to then turn around and insult people for enjoying the character and pretending their opinions don't matter as much as yours is some elitist fucking bullshit. :scust

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Man just a week for FF7 Rebirth everyone is betting that Aerith will live i will bet Nomura will "kill" her for a cliffhanger for part 3 :kobeha

Apparently just generally enjoying a character makes you a MORON now huh? :really

I mean I know what he means, that he doesn't like that Luffy doesn't really develop or change which is fine if you don't like that, but to then turn around and insult people for enjoying the character and pretending their opinions don't matter as much as yours is some elitist fucking bullshit. :scust

While I don't think Luffy is a great character because he's static(Hell, I think most of the OP characters are way too static for what Oda tries to suddenly add depth to them), I wouldn't say he's awful BECAUSE he's static.
He's infinitely better than the mess Naruto is but I will say Ichigo > Luffy where it counts.

Man just a week for FF7 Rebirth everyone is betting that Aerith will live i will bet Nomura will "kill" her for a cliffhanger for part 3 :kobeha

I believe he's going to do a Fakeout and kill her in Rebirth anyway.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Could care less who’s better between Naruto and Luffy. Both are as average as they get as far as anime protagonists go

156.png

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
While I don't think Luffy is a great character because he's static(Hell, I think most of the OP characters are way too static for what Oda tries to suddenly add depth to them), I wouldn't say he's awful BECAUSE he's static.
I acknowledge it's a flaw, wasn't even really my issue with what Aduro said, just his dismissing people who do like Luffy as "morons".
He's infinitely better than the mess Naruto is but I will say Ichigo > Luffy where it counts.
Part 1 Naruto > Luffy > Ichigo >>>>>>>> Part 2 Naruto is the way it is for me.
I believe he's going to do a Fakeout and kill her in Rebirth anyway.
He'll kill Yuffie instead so the Cloud shipping war between Aerith and Tifa can continue. :mjpls

I acknowledge it's a flaw, wasn't even really my issue with what Aduro said, just his dismissing people who do like Luffy as "morons".

There's a reason I didn't touch that lol...

Part 1 Naruto > Luffy > Ichigo >>>>>>>> Part 2 Naruto is the way it is for me.

Yeah that's for you lol, a Static Character REALLY has to pop for me to care or otherwise they will be in the dumpster real fast(Luffy ain't alone in here, Saitama is in there with him lol) and honestly Part 1 Naruto is genuinely overrated and is hampered by the fact that Kishimoto really couldn't get out of his own ass on whether or not Naruto is gifted because of his hard work or because he has Kurama in him.

So that just sticks with Ichigo being at the top for me... Part 2 Naruto and after is like the shit beneath the soil for me.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
ss arc ichigo > pre-timeskip luffy > part 1 nardo > the rest of their versions, idc

but overall, there are way better mc chars, as we know, its just the stans that ruin them once again, plus, elitist attitude, anyone can enjoy whoever mc he wants, as long as, he doesnt pass it as his own opinion/taste is the best, and the rest, is bad

ss arc ichigo > pre-timeskip luffy > part 1 nardo > the rest of their versions, idc

but overall, there are way better mc chars, as we know, its just the stans that ruin them once again, plus, elitist attitude, anyone can enjoy whoever mc he wants, as long as, he doesnt pass it as his own opinion/taste is the best, and the rest, is bad

That may be true but you can't take away Dad Ichigo from be being the GOAT, the GOAT!

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Timezones be a bitch sometimes, man. :wow

Tell me about it. I'm always missing some interesting chapter of whatever series Nihilus is streaming at the moment due to living two hours ahead of him and it always starts close to dinnertime

:wow

lol you ain't missing more than what's needed to see which you get to in time like usual

:maybe

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah that's for you lol, a Static Character REALLY has to pop for me to care or otherwise they will be in the dumpster real fast(Luffy ain't alone in here, Saitama is in there with him lol) and honestly Part 1 Naruto is genuinely overrated and is hampered by the fact that Kishimoto really couldn't get out of his own ass on whether or not Naruto is gifted because of his hard work or because he has Kurama in him.
If anything I think the issue with him early was that Kishi couldn't make up his mind weather he wanted Naruto to be dumb or to be smart as he has moments of both (usually within chapters of each other). Like he gets strokes of genius in Zabuza round 1 then just walks right into the middle of the mirrors against Haku. :facepalm

It doesn't put him below Ichigo because, frankly he has the exact same issue. Arguably compounded because Kubo tells us through like his test scores and shit that he's SUPPOSED to be smart, yet he still does braindead things like YELL for his friends in the middle of the Sereitei while he is being hunted. It's like they both wanted to have their cakes and eat it with regards to not making up their minds weather their main characters were smart or dumb. At least Oda is pretty clear-cut on Luffy being simple-minded.

Admittedly Early Naruto scores a lot of points for actually being a good underdog at that point and I do like me an underdog. Of course that didn't last but that's why part 2 Naruto is at the bottom (or part of it anyway). That's also largely why I liked Deku initially but we all know how that turned out.
So that just sticks with Ichigo being at the top for me... Part 2 Naruto and after is like the shit beneath the soil for me.
I just find Luffy too generally enjoyable to put Ichigo over but yeah, Part 2 Naruto is leagues below both.

It doesn't put him below Ichigo because, frankly he has the exact same issue. Arguably compounded because Kubo tells us through like his test scores and shit that he's SUPPOSED to be smart, yet he still does braindead things like YELL for his friends in the middle of the Sereitei while he is being hunted. It's like they both wanted to have their cakes and eat it with regards to not making up their minds weather their main characters were smart or dumb. At least Oda is pretty clear-cut on Luffy being simple-minded.

To be fair, alot of Ichigo's dumb moments are either comedy based or the nigga is put into situations he has never dealt with in his life and is unconsciously doing stupid shit(A Smart person isn't immune from making dumb decisions).
I will give one to you that Kubo trying to basically have Ichigo's power be tied to his emotions for alot of the Arrancar Arc is retarded as fuck and I can agree with slandering him there.

EDIT: You can also add in the stupid moments from the TYBW Arc too but it looks like even Kubo realized how stupid one of them was(Ichigo going into a bitchfit that Uryu went with Yhwach and Chad chucked him into a building) and changed it so hopefully he changes the BIG ONE(Ichigo wimping out due to Yhwach's Almighty) and actually makes it fit Ichigo completely(aka that nigga has be forced to stop otherwise he would still go against him with a broken Bankai and just his Shikai)

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Square Enix Release Schedule - Final Fantasy XIII Series - TBA :banderas

Platform - PC? :sadpanda

Guy making the video: "Who asked for this?"
Me, FUCKING ME, THAT'S WHO.

Come on Square, if you're doing it at all, why not put it on the PS5, every other mainline FF game is on it in some way shape or form EXCEPT XIII. :scust

Square Enix Release Schedule - Final Fantasy XIII Series - TBA :banderas

Platform - PC? :sadpanda

Guy making the video: "Who asked for this?"
Me, FUCKING ME, THAT'S WHO.

Come on Square, if you're doing it at all, why not put it on the PS5, every other mainline FF game is on it in some way shape or form EXCEPT XIII. :scust

It's ironic that he calls the XIII Trilogy "The Worst Ones" when XV showed us that it is the worst by a country mile and XVI did not do so hot despite having one of the best Protagonists...
Hell, the FFVII "Remakes" aren't even doing that well either so it makes that argument even more ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back