• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

Square Enix Release Schedule - Final Fantasy XIII Series - TBA :banderas

Platform - PC? :sadpanda

Guy making the video: "Who asked for this?"
Me, FUCKING ME, THAT'S WHO.

Come on Square, if you're doing it at all, why not put it on the PS5, every other mainline FF game is on it in some way shape or form EXCEPT XIII. :scust

I'm still waiting for the dragon quest 2D remake for like what... 4 years now ?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I'd say Fire King is better though.
To the point that it tops OCG
Fire King Snake-Eyes is literally borderline Tier 0 so no shit it’s better than everything else currently in the game.

Also, I got notifications in my phone today of my local card shop that Los and Saffiras are in stock which you basically need to play 3 of each to play Voiceless Voice

*Checks prices

“Lo Prayers of the Voiceless Voice goes for $90+ a piece”

F-LIKzqbgAE1W8B.jpg

Sometimes, I really fucking hate playing this game.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06

Thank God we got Terminal World announced coming in June. Everyone going to be sleeping on Lancea and Ice Barrier as they tear the meta up. Can’t tell you how many times I schooled Snake-Eyes, Fire Kings, Albaz, Rescue-ACE etc. online with Ice Barrier

I’m switching to them. Fuck Voiceless. I am not paying nearly 300 dollars for one play set

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's ironic that he calls the XIII Trilogy "The Worst Ones" when XV showed us that it is the worst by a country mile and XVI did not do so hot despite having one of the best Protagonists...
I agree on XV at least being a contender for the weakest FF, far more so than any of the XIII's are. XVI is a good game, that much is certain, it just loses a lot of that FF teamwork charm that comes with having an actual party who MATTER for more than just emotional support and occasionally giving the main character a power up. Even XV had moments where the companions actually save or physically get Noctis through situations he wouldn't have otherwise, whereas Clive's companions are mostly there to job while he does all the work.

For Christ's sake! Jill's big achievement in what is supposed to be HER arc of the story is...holding back some lava while Clive actually fights the boss. I get she's weakened from overusing her Eikon but still, she doesn't even actually get to destroy the Mothercrystal herself, she just gets to kill a villain who was literally only even mentioned in the game like an hour before this. It works well enough for her character but it still felt very like they were just giving her something for the sake of people not complaining that she did nothing.
Hell, the FFVII "Remakes" aren't even doing that well either so it makes that argument even more ridiculous.
Didn't the first one make a shit ton of money? I thought those were literally their big cash cow now?

Last edited:

Proto234

Distinguished
Fire King Snake-Eyes is literally borderline Tier 0 so no shit it’s better than everything else currently in the game.

Also, I got notifications in my phone today of my local card shop that Los and Saffiras are in stock which you basically need to play 3 of each to play Voiceless Voice

*Checks prices

“Lo Prayers of the Voiceless Voice goes for $90+ a piece”

F-LIKzqbgAE1W8B.jpg

Sometimes, I really fucking hate playing this game.
Sometimes, I really wondering why TCG and OCG has different prices and rarity.
Prayers of the voiceless only like 50 JPY, while Novox is like 3000 JPY in OCG

Reminds me of that insane Bonfire price in TCG

EDIT:Nvm, Novox retrain is also dirt cheap in OCG at 150 JPY. The one in the pic (now deleted) is holographic rare one

Edit 2: Just realized that you talking about the Novox retrain, not the spell cards, which still stands since the card is dirt cheap in OCG

Last edited:

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
New mha chapter focuses on Izuku establishing a mental connection with Shigaraki.

Pretty much confirmed that Afo was the guy that took Ashyraki back to his house and gave him his quirk.

Eri tries to run to the battlefield.

Oh fucking no nigga:mjlol. If Hori uses her rewind for the reasons I think he might then Attack on Titan has a new competitor. Child Shiggy might just become a thing.

:jordangif

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Sometimes, I really wondering why TCG and OCG has different prices and rarity.
Prayers of the voiceless only like 50 JPY, while Novox is like 3000 JPY in OCG

Reminds me of that insane Bonfire price in TCG

Don’t care, already switching to Ice Barriers now which no one will be buying so the prices for Lancea and the new Ice Barriers will actually be reasonable

And this is totally not me coping as I right now look at my now completely useless playset of Skull Guardians I got from the sneak peak event two weeks ago

Admittedly Early Naruto scores a lot of points for actually being a good underdog at that point and I do like me an underdog. Of course that didn't last but that's why part 2 Naruto is at the bottom (or part of it anyway). That's also largely why I liked Deku initially but we all know how that turned out.
That’s why I liked Early Naruto more too.

having other characters go “but where is Sasuke” was honestly very good to goad you into sympathizing with Naruto as an underdog. Making him scared of Gaara too before fighting him. Empathizing with Haku. Freezing during an ambush.

People tended to ignore that the reason Naruto was considered an underdog wasn’t just because he failed the academy. It was because he was genuinely underestimated in favor of other people, and also because he was kinda scared in moments too. You were rooting for the character to actually show his worth.

Then it just became about him trying to establish world peace and going after his boyfriend :doge

Proto234

Distinguished
Don’t care, already switching to Ice Barriers now which no one will be buying so the prices for Lancea and the new Ice Barriers will actually be reasonable

And this is totally not me coping as I right now look at my now completely useless playset of Skull Guardians I got from the sneak peak event two weeks ago
Is there any reason why TCG and OCG has different rarity (and thus pricing)
I mean the spell card Nightmare pain as well as Samsara Lotus retrain in OCG is just Rare but in TCG it is Super Rare

OCG seems to be more affordable in general (if you can stand against Maxx C that is)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Is there any reason why TCG and OCG has different rarity (and thus pricing)
I mean the spell card Nightmare pain as well as Samsara Lotus retrain in OCG is just Rare but in TCG it is Super Rare

OCG seems to be more affordable in general (if you can stand against Maxx C that is)
You just answered it. TCG has always been hated for overcharging cards with higher rarities compared to OCG.

Hell, they just got rid of Rare in core sets altogether, meaning anything that isn’t a worthless Common is now nothing shorter than Super Rare

Sets themselves and what they offer are also of lesser quality than OCG products that

Part 1 Naruto is genuinely overrated and is hampered by the fact that Kishimoto really couldn't get out of his own ass on whether or not Naruto is gifted because of his hard work or because he has Kurama in him.
I would argue Part 1 is very consistent that Naruto’s problem, ultimately, was that he was very unorthodox and couldn’t learn both because he wasn’t taught right but also kinda through his own fault. Kinda.

There was this scene in Search for Tsunade arc where Naruto is training on his Rasengan and he’s remembering a class with Iruka where it was essentially the same chakra control exercise during detention. Naruto then chooses to skip the lecture all together along with Kiba and I think Shikamaru and Chouji?

It cuts back to Naruto being sad because he realizes that if he just paid attention back in the academy days, instead of trying to get people to notice him by pranking them, he would have learned the Rasengan much faster.

In the same arc, Naruto finds several ways of learning the technique faster. He compensates for his flaws by being creative. Scratching the chakra like a cat he watched, and then using a shadow clone to help him balance out the rasengan.

Naruto is very much not a prodigy. But he is talented, but both unorthodox and very impatient. He’s smart but he has trouble realizing his potential.

Basically? Part 1 Naruto is essentially Bart Simpson. Unironically. :skully

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
gr0r9p39qsu81.jpg

Fake fans shat on Infinite in the beginning but now praise him

But he was always better than Zavok regardless

Proto234

Distinguished
You just answered it. TCG has always been hated for overcharging cards with higher rarities compared to OCG.

Hell, they just got rid of Rare in core sets altogether, meaning anything that isn’t a worthless Common is now nothing shorter than Super Rare

Sets themselves and what they offer are also of lesser quality than OCG products that
So I take it TCG konami is just greedy fucks.
Not that OCG Konami is better (Duel Links is still expensive) but yeah

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Harada out here spitting the hard facts about how difficult it is to get these guest characters. :maybe

Which I understand but at the same time, Tekken 8 is pretty much the biggest fighting game out currently so I don't really see why Yoshi P WOULD turn down having Clive in Tekken, that just seems like a win/win considering the boon that putting Noctis in T7 was arguably for both games.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Funny how I just now got all the chaos emeralds in Sonic Mania for the true ending

And it’s basically a prequel for his appearence in Sonic Forces lol
Yeah lol that’s how Classic Sonic appears in Forces

They wanted to connect the two games

I agree on XV at least being a contender for the weakest FF, far more so than any of the XIII's are. XVI is a good game, that much is certain, it just loses a lot of that FF teamwork charm that comes with having an actual party who MATTER for more than just emotional support and occasionally giving the main character a power up. Even XV had moments where the companions actually save or physically get Noctis through situations he wouldn't have otherwise, whereas Clive's companions are mostly there to job while he does all the work.

For Christ's sake! Jill's big achievement in what is supposed to be HER arc of the story is...holding back some lava while Clive actually fights the boss. I get she's weakened from overusing her Eikon but still, she doesn't even actually get to destroy the Motherstone herself, she just gets to kill a villain who was literally only even mentioned in the game like an hour before this. It works well enough for her character but it still felt very like they were just giving her something for the sake of people not complaining that she did nothing.

I just said that FFXVI didn't sell well but I do agree that Clive is a better protagonist and that he should have actual teammates and Jill should have seriously done alot more WITH Clive.

Didn't the first one make a shit ton of money? I thought those were literally their big cash cow now?

It actually didn't. It hit PS+ Free a year after it came out which is unheard of for a Final Fantasy title and they never said it did huge numbers at all or was a major success, heavily implying all of the shit they did costed ALOT of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back