• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
GGE457JWcAAjYVY

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So I noticed it on here too, is there really a trend right now that the humans in Starship Troopers were in the wrong for fighting the bugs?

Because if so, fucking LOL

Yes they should have tried to talk to the creatures who (despite having the capacity to do so through the brain bugs) made absolutely NO EFFORT to do so before deciding to attack Earth with a meteor. :kobeha

"But some humans went inside the Arachnid Quarantine Zone, that could have provoked the bugs."

Those people not only weren't military but were given explicit warnings NOT to do that and it wouldn't change the fact that the Bugs dropped a meteor on the humans without even an attempt at communication.

It's also directly mentioned that the Bugs were spreading/can spread to other worlds, which is probably why there was a Quarantine zone in the first place and means fighting them eventually would have been a NECESSITY no matter what.

The Bugs are absolutely the bad guys in the movie, it's beyond delusional to pretend otherwise. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back