• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #46: No Matter What!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Read/listened through all of Digimon Seekers.

It was pretty good, Eiji is kinda lacking as the main character compared to every other major character who was much more interesting or likable, including his own partner Digimon. I do get what they were going for with him and he's a good character overall, he just didn't particularly wow me.

It's a shame that, thanks to watching the 25th Anniversary thing, I was spoiled on who the villain was going in. The twist probably would have hit me harder if I didn't know that, but it was a well written twist regardless and the villain is absolutely a top tier Digimon human villain (though I still prefer Kurata).

Did these people just miss Ethel's existence or something :skully

I think people aren't paying attention to be fair and basically just saying shit that comes out of their mouths...

There is plenty of things to blame Brianna Wu for... the transition from Xenoblade 2 to 3 is not one of them:

People miss that the person who made the art for FGO Bradamante made Pyra and Mythra and alot of guess designers worked on the Blades:

pyramythra.png

This is not the same for Xenoblade 3 and looking at it, there aren't many female characters I would say isn't as good looking, they just aren't as ridiculous as some of the optional Blades can get in XBC2(Like Dahlia or Perun).

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
WOW! I like FenrirLoogamon's design and all but looking at this fusion form again, anyone else think this looks a LITTLE too much like Zacian to be coincidental? :maybe

Fenriloogamon_Takemikazuchi.jpg
Zacian.jpg

Even the way the flame aura looks on the back is reminiscent of those wing like things coming out of Zacian's back, the biggest real difference is the silver armor and flame aura. :kobeha

Granted Fenriloogamon looks much less out of place for the series he's in and the aforementioned armor, flame aura and the interface on its head do a lot to make Fenriloogamon look far better than his Pokemon counterpart IMO.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
In a preview of Fantastic Four #18, fans learn 'The Secret of Franklin Richards.' The pages reveal that Franklin never actually lost his powers - instead, he used his own near-omnipotence to cut himself off from his full potential, having realized he could never have a normal childhood as a godlike being. Franklin truly believes he naturally lost his powers, however this new retcon states that this is a false memory Franklin created so he could just be a kid.

Franklin you fuck

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
WOW! I like FenrirLoogamon's design and all but looking at this fusion form again, anyone else think this looks a LITTLE too much like Zacian to be coincidental? :maybe

Fenriloogamon_Takemikazuchi.jpg
Zacian.jpg

Even the way the flame aura looks on the back is reminiscent of those wing like things coming out of Zacian's back, the biggest real difference is the silver armor and flame aura. :kobeha

Granted Fenriloogamon looks much less out of place for the series he's in and the aforementioned armor, flame aura and the interface on its head do a lot to make Fenriloogamon look far better than his Pokemon counterpart IMO.
Even if its inspired i think he looks much better :kobeha

King of time

Exceptional
Tuesday we continue the Riderthon and add some more fun

Fate/Zero, Hell's Paradise, Ishura, Ninja Kamui and a lot of other crap

I also plan to stream a movie

Do you guys have any recommendations we could see for a movie?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Even if its inspired i think he looks much better :kobeha
Yeah no doubt about it, Loogamon's forms are all pretty good designs to be honest.

Loogamon himself is also just a complete Alpha Chad with a zero fucks given attitude. Like you look at his Child design and you expect he's gonna have a similar personality to Gabumon, only for him to start answering Eiji's questions about the Digital World as if he were talking to a toddler and it turns out he's already the boss of THE worst district of the digital slums basically. :kobeha

I get that Eiji is SUPPOSED to be kind of a loser at the start of the story (his whole thing is wanting to change his life and be a "winner" for once) but it really does serve to highlight how much less interesting he is compared to everybody else, when even his own partner looks down on him for the first half of the story. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back