OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corvida with the insane damage control is the funniest shit with acting as if "Sakura saved nameless people during the war and saved Naruto" is supposed to be something that redeems how pointless and shit her character is genuinely has me laughing so fucking hard.

Again, the issue with Sakura isn't the shit from the Anime(Like no shit, the anime overplays crap like that, it's well known in other shows like Inuyasha where Kagome acts like a huge cunt in the anime in comparison to the manga where she's far more mellow), it's not the fact that "it was too late when she became badass" or any of that cringy shit.
The issue with Sakura is that for someone that Kishimoto wanted you to believe was someone on the level of Naruto and Sasuke, for someone who had just as much story presence she had in comparison to everyone else, for all of the hype she was given...

Absolutely NONE OF IT mattered where it counts:risigif

Sakura might as well not even existed in the main story with how pointless she was, her saving nameless grunts and Naruto could be handed to Tsunade or any other medical nin without missing a single beat. Not a single bit of her character is explored outside of Sasuke and for fuck's sake, we don't even see her parents until the 6th Naruto Movie!
sakura__s_parents__naruto_shippuden_271__by_uzumakikunn_d58u7vn.jpg

Yes that's right, these are the only times we ever see Sakura's parents and they aren't even canon! We have seen every other side characters' family... but not Sakura's! For a series that has family as one of it's biggest points, it's insane how Sakura's parents literally does not exist! Nor why she's a Ninja or why she even loves Sasuke or anything of her existence(Which is insane when you can't say that for anyone else).

And finally, how much hype did we get from Sakura's development in Part 1? Her best point being use of Genjutsu? Well how much Genjutsu she ever uses in Part 2? None? CORRECT! Instead, she just becomes Tsunade-lite.
Part 2? We suddenly have everyone talking about how she's just as good as Naruto and Sasuke? Do we continue seeing her improve? NOPE. Bitch basically pussies out and never improves a single time until the War Arc where she just suddenly happens to use the Milotic Regeneration tech OFFSCREEN(And the story tries and desperately salvage this by stating she had to keep her "True Power" sealed this long to master it...) and she still doesn't get anywhere near Naruto and Sasuke nor matters in any truly meaningful way past "Chakra Battery" for Obito.

Like it's insane when I see people go so hard for this absolute waste of a character when there are far better done females in current Shonen.

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Final Fantasy I - Skipped over...the correct answer is Garland though. :maybe
Final Fantasy II - Firion...again though the correct answer is the Emperor, do villains not count as characters or something?
Final Fantasy III - Luneth...don't know enough about this game to complain.
Final Fantasy IV - Cecil Harvey...oh look they got the correct answer this time.
Final Fantasy V - Lenna Charlotte Tycoon...don't know enough about this game to argue.
Final Fantasy VI - Celes Chere...I'm given to understand it's basically between her and Terra for this game so okay.
Final Fantasy VII - Tifa Lockheart...can't fault the choice but I'd go with Cloud from the OG game, Zack from the compilation.
Final Fantasy VIII - Seifer Almasy...oof that's a hard nope, he's alright but for VIII the best character is Zell IMO.
Final Fantasy IX - Zidane Tribal...way to get back on track with another correct answer.
Final Fantasy X - Auron...like Tifa not a choice I can fault but Yuna will always be the best X character IMO.
Final Fantasy XII - Balthier...yeah it's either him or Ashe.
Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning...I am genuinely shocked to see her as the pick and not Sazh, good choice, still prefer Hope though.
Final Fantasy XV - Noctis Lucis Caelum...nah DLC definitely hands this one to Ignis.
Final Fantasy XVI - Cidolfus "Cid" Telamon...I can see it but any answer other than Clive is the wrong answer I'm afraid.

I expected to find a lot more fault with this video than I did, but the biggest thing I vehemently disagreed with is "Final Fantasy XIII being arguably the worst in the series and Lightning being good in spite of it". :facepalm
Final Fantasy I - played it once, so i think i Choose Garland, since i get Jack included with it
Final Fantasy II - never played it but if dissidia taught me antyhing, its the emperor aka david bowie. firion was all about roses and such in that game
Final Fantasy III - onion knight :w:

Final Fantasy IV -
Cecil Harvey. yeah i agree with it. I liked golbez in dissidia but cecil is better in the game
Final Fantasy V -...Bartz? he was fun in dissidia
Final Fantasy VI -
Celes Chere. Ok, personally i like Loke, but celes got the whole villain redemption, love drama and suicide attempt going for her, so shes got stuff.
Final Fantasy VII - Zack. Zack changed my life in crisis core, just like Big boss did in mgs3 and Joshua Graham did in New vegas.
Final Fantasy VIII - I dont know much about this game, so I go with your choice of zell.
Final Fantasy IX -
Zidane Tribal. never played it but its zidance or vivi for me
Final Fantasy X - Auron. I'm simple. auron was my fave in kh and solidified it in X.
Final Fantasy XII - Ashe. I love my man Garbranth but ashe has a better story.
Final Fantasy XIII -
Lightning. only character i had some connection to throughout the games. except for cain.
Final Fantasy XV - Ardyn. Shrug
Final Fantasy XVI - Clive for me

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

:jordangif :heston:heston:jordangif :jordangif

Corvida with the insane damage control is the funniest shit with acting as if "Sakura saved nameless people during the war and saved Naruto" is supposed to be something that redeems how pointless and shit her character is genuinely has me laughing so fucking hard.

Again, the issue with Sakura isn't the shit from the Anime(Like no shit, the anime overplays crap like that, it's well known in other shows like Inuyasha where Kagome acts like a huge cunt in the anime in comparison to the manga where she's far more mellow), it's not the fact that "it was too late when she became badass" or any of that cringy shit.
The issue with Sakura is that for someone that Kishimoto wanted you to believe was someone on the level of Naruto and Sasuke, for someone who had just as much story presence she had in comparison to everyone else, for all of the hype she was given...

Absolutely NONE OF IT mattered where it counts:risigif

Sakura might as well not even existed in the main story with how pointless she was, her saving nameless grunts and Naruto could be handed to Tsunade or any other medical nin without missing a single beat. Not a single bit of her character is explored outside of Sasuke and for fuck's sake, we don't even see her parents until the 6th Naruto Movie!
sakura__s_parents__naruto_shippuden_271__by_uzumakikunn_d58u7vn.jpg

Yes that's right, these are the only times we ever see Sakura's parents and they aren't even canon! We have seen every other side characters' family... but not Sakura's! For a series that has family as one of it's biggest points, it's insane how Sakura's parents literally does not exist! Nor why she's a Ninja or why she even loves Sasuke or anything of her existence(Which is insane when you can't say that for anyone else).

And finally, how much hype did we get from Sakura's development in Part 1? Her best point being use of Genjutsu? Well how much Genjutsu she ever uses in Part 2? None? CORRECT! Instead, she just becomes Tsunade-lite.
Part 2? We suddenly have everyone talking about how she's just as good as Naruto and Sasuke? Do we continue seeing her improve? NOPE. Bitch basically pussies out and never improves a single time until the War Arc where she just suddenly happens to use the Milotic Regeneration tech OFFSCREEN(And the story tries and desperately salvage this by stating she had to keep her "True Power" sealed this long to master it...) and she still doesn't get anywhere near Naruto and Sasuke nor matters in any truly meaningful way past "Chakra Battery" for Obito.

Like it's insane when I see people go so hard for this absolute waste of a character when there are far better done females in current Shonen.
Eternal Reminder
download.jpg

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Final Fantasy I - Garland
Final Fantasy II - Played it twice Never liked the system and the story never hooked me so I really don't have anyone I actually liked, Firion is cool in most game outside of the Main game but if we limited to the main game as I said I never got into it.
Final Fantasy III -
Onion knight is literally the 4 main character of the original game. So cid is probably the best character.
The DS version which separated the 4 main character and gave them actual personality is another story.
Final Fantasy IV - Cecil Harvey.
Final Fantasy V - Faris. You want to look at female pirate trope with a great background this is literally the one who probably started the trend.
Final Fantasy VI - Probably Locke.
Final Fantasy VII - If We limited this to the Original Main Game Cloud. Zack is great now but has no real impact in the main game. He got fleshed out when the shorts, other extras and Crisis core came out which put him at a better position than Cloud and Cloud most of the time retracts back to his issues when put outside of the main game. if it ain't limited to the main game My choice would be Zack.
Final Fantasy VIII -
Laguna. Seriously Laguna even with his limited presence is probably one of the best character in ff8
Final Fantasy IX - Yea no one tops Zidane
Final Fantasy X - Probably Yuna.

:eksip

King of time

Exceptional
and none of that matter a goddam thing, since the Am granted acasuality and changing the past doesn't effect any future manifest by the allmighty, and he can manifest them even after been kill so... yeah!
throwing him into the sun? Well good thing the Am can just prevent that from happening
He need to know stuff to gain immunity and the shriek doesn't talk? good thing the Am by itself granted a complete understanding of others powers and abilities

also, can the shriek destroy soul? because you'll need that before even starting talking about scratching Yhwach
:wack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back