• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Also dude oda just pulled a merlin, the difference merlin is a thousand year old kid.

Basically she hadn't age from being 12 but girl has lived for thousands of years.

Bonnie is literally a kid/12 that can fucking transform into an adult.

:breh

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
What do you guys think of this thumbnail for the second video? It's up on Patreon now. Free release on YouTube Sunday. I had to get creative with this one because I was getting a much tougher time than with the Tolkien one, but it looks like it came out well for all screen sizes.

GORa00qXMAAZ3IG

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
What do you guys think of this thumbnail for the second video? It's up on Patreon now. Free release on YouTube Sunday. I had to get creative with this one because I was getting a much tougher time than with the Tolkien one, but it looks like it came out well for all screen sizes.

GORa00qXMAAZ3IG
Kind of happens when you extend a completed character and never move on.

:eksip You introduce the same bullshit they already solved before and expect people to believe that same problem will be a problem.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I love that the most masculine father figure in modern TV is Sheldon Cooper’s dad. Texan, Christian football coach. Kinda ironic

They even retconned what little we knew about him in later seasons of the Big Bang Theory to match his portrayal here

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Kind of happens when you extend a completed character and never move on.

:eksip You introduce the same bullshit they already solved before and expect people to believe that same problem will be a problem.
That's an issue in a lot of places, though here it's different.

The problem here is that you can't insert a character with no reason to get behind him and the wrong alignment at the center of your story and expect it to succeed. Who you focus on matters a lot.

It's kind of the same problem WWE had with Roman Reigns before he became the Tribal Chief. Poorly written, no personality, badly aligned. No wonder people booed him out of the building. But what's really weird is this one has a lot of fans (though that's selection bias because a lot of people dropped the series because of him).

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I will try to stream Sharpe tonight but my home is such a mess it might not happen. Hoping for the best.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
GLTf0K0XQAAuLMp

Yup pretty much. There’s nothing wrong with a protagonist being the Chosen One in itself. It’s just bad when it goes against what’s previously established.

Naruto was never the “underdog” in Part 1, just a late bloomer that was destined for greatness from the start by inheriting not just Kurama but the chakra of a literal demigod alongside fellow Fate Brother Sasuke.

Destiny isn’t a thing and hard work always beats natural talent though, amirite?

Can’t say how bad One Piece handles this for Luffy because One Piece bored me and I couldn’t get into it
Yeah the thing is Luffy was never really treated as an underdog lol

he's been freakishly strong since chapter 1 and stomped most of his opponents prior to the timeskip

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
On a somewhat more serious note, I got a text from my mom a little bit ago about how our other dog, Darcy (who currently lives with my sisters), hasn't eaten much in the last week, and nothing in the last 48 hours, and seems to be in pretty bad shape, needing to be carried and what not.

She says it may be it, so uh... yeah, just wanted to get that out there.

IMG_4139.jpg

We got her in like... 2012 when she was pretty much just born, I believe? So she is fairly old at this point.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
On a somewhat more serious note, I got a text from my mom a little bit ago about how our other dog, Darcy (who currently lives with my sisters), hasn't eaten much in the last week, and nothing in the last 48 hours, and seems to be in pretty bad shape, needing to be carried and what not.

IMG_4139.jpg

We got her in like... 2012 when she was pretty much just born, I believe? So she is fairly old at this point.
srry o hear mate hopefully if its time ya give the ole gal enough love before she pass on

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

IMG_4139.jpg

Yea dogs don't usually last 10 years.

:eksip if you got it to 12 you're pretty golden. It means you took great care of it. Condolence but you did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back