• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
@Atem @Xhominid The Apex
IMG_8160.png
IMG_8161.png
IMG_8162.png
IMG_8163.png
IMG_8164.png
IMG_8165.png
IMG_8166.png
IMG_8167.png
IMG_8168.png
IMG_8169.png
IMG_8170.png
IMG_8172.png
IMG_8173.png
IMG_8174.png
IMG_8175.png
IMG_8176.png
IMG_8177.png
IMG_8178.png
IMG_8179.png
Very nice, very based.

My face when you were expecting a nice bowl of sweet warm organic cereal for breakfast on weekdays only to find out you were suddenly shit out of soy milk and didn't get any new ones prior and you have to stick with boring-ass wheat toasts and a sunny side up egg for today.

Tired Good Night GIF by Cartoon Network

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So Triple HHH has confirmed the winner of the King and Queen of the Ring tournaments gets a WWE/World Title match (obviously depending on brand) at Summerslam. Good, raises the stakes more and makes the tournaments feel even more important.

Anyway with the event tomorrow and the card seemingly locked in, time to give my predictions:

Pre-Show

Jade Carghill and Bianca Bel Air vs Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell - Women's Tag Team Championships

Yeah I'm not gonna waste any time on this last minute filler, that spits in the face of Shayna Baszler and Zoey Stark who had to earn a title shot in a fatal four way match while these two jobbers get one for free.

Jade and Bianca retain clean, moving on.

Main Show

Sami Zayn vs Chad Gable vs Bronson Reed - Intercontinental Championship

Bronson is taking the L here regardless of who wins, something which will ultimately be determined by weather or not Otis actually helps Chad or if this is gonna be where he gets fed up of his shit and turns on him. I do think this Sami vs Chad feud is gonna keep going after this so I's say Sami pins Bronson to retain the title.

Sami Retains, Pins Bronson, Otis turns on Gable

Lyra Valkyria vs Nia Jax - Queen of the Ring Finals

Classic David vs Goliath underdog story in every sense of the word right here. I do like that BOTH have had confrontations with the women who will (presumably in Liv's case) be the champions by Summerslam so we can easily do either winning. A Summerslam title match does seem a bit much for Lyra having just been called up unless they're really going all in on her and it IS over 2 months away so there's time enough to build it up in the meantime. Nia winning is more likely but I'm not ruling out them completing the Cinderella story with the upset victory.

60/40 in favor of Nia Jax

Gunther vs Randy Orton - King of the Ring Finals

I mean this has now become a question of what the WWE is more likely to put on Summerslam? Gunther vs whoever the World Champion will be at that point, or Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes for the Undisputed Championship with again a full 2 months to build up to it. Adding that title match benefit has pretty much guaranteed that Orton is going to win this, I can't see them passing up a Rhodes vs Orton main event on the #2 show of the year.

Randy Orton Wins.

Becky Lynch vs Liv Morgan - Women's World Championship

Basically everything we've seen in the build up to this match kind of tells me that Liv is winning this. Obviously they want her to be champion by the time Rhea Ripley returns to action so they can get that feud going. We also already have Liv cheap-shotting Lyra on Raw so... :maybe

New Champion, Liv Morgan Wins.

Cody Rhodes vs Logan Paul - WWE Undisputed Championship

I do like this better than it being title for title because THAT pretty much undoubtably would have ended in Logan just getting himself DQ-ed to keep his title which is lame. Now at least the can have Cody simply go over him clean BUT they have also started acknowledging the QR codes that keep popping up for Uncle Howdy and his faction so there is a chance they debut in the main event and lay them both out.

Cody Rhodes Retains Clean with possibility of Uncle Howdy debut.

Last edited:

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
Is he not one of the more evil Angels? I know him mostly from what I heard in Enoch.

I don’t want to give away the secret revelation, but no he is not evil. He was God’s favorite aka Lucifer and was known for being noble and ambitious. The downfall was a consequence of him not obeying God’s command to WAIT for glory and kingdom. He chose to take it by force, and was lol’d by big Mike.

Now the universe has become a testing ground to prove
1. His resolve
2. His redeemability

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I don’t want to give away the secret revelation, but no he is not evil. He was God’s favorite aka Lucifer and was known for being noble and ambitious. The downfall was a consequence of him not obeying God’s command to WAIT for glory and kingdom. He chose to take it by force, and was lol’d by big Mike.

Now the universe has become a testing ground to prove
1. His resolve
2. His redeemability
Where is this talked about? I know Enoch is not considered Biblical Canon by most Christian denominations besides the Ethiopians so I am curious to find out more.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Johnny’s Broly has grown on me. He does the DBS version of the character well. Only issue for me is for when he does Z Broly, he just doesn’t sound menacing like Vic’s take on of that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back