• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

c63243167121896320c1043439ab9f0f.jpg

yIcLFHi_d.webp
I don’t know if I confused you with someone else, I could have sworn you were a Muslim, Cubey

But it’s been so long I might he confusing you with another poster I talked to back in NarutoForums

I love that the most masculine father figure in modern TV is Sheldon Cooper’s dad. Texan, Christian football coach. Kinda ironic

They even retconned what little we knew about him in later seasons of the Big Bang Theory to match his portrayal here

Helps that Sheldon is narcassitic/tunnel visioned enough that you can believe that he’s not a reliable narrator

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Helps that Sheldon is narcassitic/tunnel visioned enough that you can believe that he’s not a reliable narrator
I do kinda feel bad because the retcon implies Sheldon saw George in a very negative light for all these years after his death

But at least they course corrected that by having him miss and honor his father by the end of the Big Bang Theory

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
I wish I could've, but they're in an entirely different state.

And uh.. she was just put down a little bit ago (according to what my mom just said), since the vet said she likely wasn't going to make it another 24 hours.

lp_image.jpg

So.. yeah.

She was a good puppers. :catfeels

I’m a Muslim but I have HIGH reverence for [non-dogmatic] Christianity, because isa (Jesus) is considered a saint in Islam and the messiah.
Good to know I’m not going senile, lol

Interesting because almost a week ago I’ve been at the city of Toledo where there is like a store that sells Christian, Jewish and Muslim replica swords (and katanas because lmao)

There was a corner nearby where you saw a combination of Muslim and Jewish Architecture near a Christian Cathedral

I do kinda feel bad because the retcon implies Sheldon saw George in a very negative light for all these years after his death

But at least they course corrected that by having him miss and honor his father by the end of the Big Bang Theory
Its very rare to see such a positive masculine father figure on TV

I’ve been rewatching Smallville and HOLY SHIT did Jonathan Kent really embody a masculine father figure back then, it’s insane. It’s played completely straight too no “toxic” shit or whatever.

Funny how he and George died of a heart attack too lmao

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
Good to know I’m not going senile, lol

Interesting because almost a week ago I’ve been at the city of Toledo where there is like a store that sells Christian, Jewish and Muslim replica swords (and katanas because lmao)

There was a corner nearby where you saw a combination of Muslim and Jewish Architecture near a Christian Cathedral

Yeah well the reconciliation between good Muslims and good Jews is coming. In Judaism this reconciliation is called olam and in Islam, islah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back