• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked OLF Christmas Mafia 2023 (Day 9)

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
Also I'll be busy today.

Just so you know if you mislynch me today you also just lose, so there is that. Everyone will wanna lynch you tomorrow. I'm the only one you can still frame as SK.

Flower

V.I.P. Member
Yeah, but you wouldn‘t assume he‘s SK if you‘re Town from this. You would assume he‘s scum and lying. 2 No Results don‘t happen the same night unless one of you is a liar. You‘d think he‘s scum and still have Magic as the SK. Unless you know your team blocked him that night and you yourself are the liar.

Gid gud.

You‘re just scum, your team killed Melkor and you wondered where the third kill was. Then it dawned on you, oh yeah, we blocked the guy and there was no kill. The guy must be the SK, then, when I pointed it out.

You‘re busted.

no because scum wont lie about being blocked if they know they blocked someone else, specially a claimed invest role

also speculating that a kill failing lead him to think hes blocked means he is sk not scum. unless the blocker was town. scum doesnt fail a kill and think mafia blocked them and use it to fake claim

also i didnt think he and gram can be aligned from his case and from the gram kill making sense for him to do

You had no idea he was an invest role at the time.
Everyone who's Town read this, Ekko's just exposed.

Also consider that offing SK Rugrat and then Town me or vice versa will cost us the game.

That's all folks. I'll be off to work now.

Flower

V.I.P. Member
And yeah, remember that I confirmed my Governor and that the scum team doesn't have that on top of an Exe and Day Shortener. So I'm just confirmed not Mafia.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I want to clarify — this isn't a PoE by any means. This is me scribbling on a whiteboard trying to find where to make connections and what connections to make. I need people to serve as soundboards.

Sky/Magic
• Sky might be too much on that self-preserv Koolaid. That's just my take and the vibe I get. She's not really stuck out and when did she slowly teetered away from any further outlandish ideas.

• Flower/Magic
Miss Flower can absolutely use her aggressive defense against accusations and dismiss it as paranoia and have it span for 10+ pages. I absolutely still believe she has TMI. I don't know where it's coming from precisely, but I'm getting to why I think that in a bit.

Absolute worst case scenario I think.

• Flower/Cal.
It feels like a minor pocketing attempt to place me in a false sense of security by calling out mislynch setup. She has diligently observed my own playbook enough times that I'm not putting it past her to shade Magic and save Cal. Bad side is it doesn't feel like it's coming from a mafia vs indie disagreement.

"Magic is obv scum ffs" Yes he absolutely was floundering. Yes he did attempt to build a mislynch on me.
I'm offering an alternative world where he was trusting of Cal's claim. I haven't seen an unhinged Townic like this so perhaps this is the least likely scenario

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Live footage of Magic. Presented by the unfunniest Admin on NF. All rights reserved.

I don't like the wishy-washy nonsense he pulled after he assumed the lynch was secured. Abhorrent look.

The I don't trust anyone pile:
Ekko (mildly tonally town; mechanical scumplay)
Flower (just a solid wildcard at this point)
Magic (tonally town, mechanically up in the air

The other pile:
Tweet (tonally town, mechanically anal fucked to oblivion)
Cal (tonally null, mechanically up in the air)
Sky (tonally null to scum, mechanically self-prevers scum play)

Here's where my gut is telling me to go. It starts with the Nibel lynch:
Scums are not sure of what to do.
Correct
Nibel better than Ratchet not even lying.

Don't think kekko would fake info to lynch nibel tho...
Cmon now.
Would he now?
Well, if it prevents the vig from killing me and wasting a shot on a VT
Based Nib
Coal is a scum turning item.
We should probably just lynch you and get rid of it.
We get rid of scum + potential scum
2 for 1

Vote Lynch Nibel
Start of the agenda, could be Ekko's conflicted info was interfered with - I think Nibel might be right? It's convenient for Scumkko and really convenient for scum to frame him with the result on Nib.
I already this multiple times. I didn't read enough to give reads, but I would say the scums would be the people blindly following the call on me.
I wish he said the exact names to get a glimpse of what was in his brain at this point

Now here's the color coding votes:
Vote Count

Nibel (9): Ratchet, Gad, Prof, Fuji, Polar, Ekko, Luka, Tpein
Ratchet (5): Evans, Melkor, Sky, Tweet, Nibel
Ichigo (1): Orca

With 23 alive it takes 12 to lynch

you have about 16 hours left

Vote Nibel

Vote Nibel.

You'll all regret this.

Should be L-1 now.

This stands out in hindsight
To be entirely honest I’m not sure. I think it’s possible but I’m not that confident. Luckily it isn’t my problem this time lol. The mech is the main kicker for me which isn’t infallible but hard for me to come up with a really good explanation in my head.

On the other hand I think Nibel is about a certainty (he lied about the coal just now, you can only give it at night. Not sure why he’d lie about it but he just did lol)

It doesn't say I have to give it at night. It says that you must give it or it will give it to a random player.
I have a tinfoil but I'll refrain
Kek

Bye potatoman

Vote lynch Nibel
Ouch, maybe no one gets trust fall rights
Shulda let Sky do the honors...
Wanted a flip so bad and dissappeared when the opportunity to hammer was there.

:whathekong
Reads like internal discussion
This but unironically
:francis:

Vote Nibel in case of a shenanigan
In case
But of course
Probably trying to get us to lynch caldust instead.
Kek

Confused Season 4 GIF by The Office

Final Vote Count Day 3

Vote Count

Spoiler: Votes

Nibel (12): Ratchet, Gad, Prof, Fuji, Polar, Ekko, Luka, Tpein, Caldust, Flower, Tweet
Ratchet (4): Evans, Melkor, Sky, Nibel
Ichigo (1): Orca

It wouldn't be a white Christmas, Nibel was lynched, he was:

Welcome to Christmas Mafia!

Congratulations, you are Snow, Christmas aligned.

Role: Vanilla Town

Cold but fun! You're snow (in the meteorology sense). Christmas wouldn't be christmas without you, no sledding, skiing, snowboarding, cozy evenings besides the fireplace. However, you're still just rain that's a bit colder, so youre ultimately not that impressive, as fun as you are. You have no role.

You win once all threats to Christmas are eliminated.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3 YOU HAVE 24 HOURS MAX

DO NOT POST

And here's where we may be able to connect the dots on some things via motive:
Night 3
The witch was wicked, Ichigo was:

Congratulations, you are La Befana, Santa's aligned.

POSTER%20befana.jpg

Role: Timelord and Executioner

Back in the 8th Century and long before the days of the man in the red suit, a lovely old witch was doing his job for him in the country of Italy. A friend of the three-wise men, this good-natured witch has seen many iterations of what we call Christmas.

As someone who has stood the test of time, you have also learned to manipulate it. You may choose to shorten a day phase by 50% of it's remaining length at any point during this game. You may also choose to extend a day phase by 50% of it's remaining length at any point during this game.

You may also choose to end a day phase immediately by executing any player that reaches half-majority.

Suggested Fake: Santa's (Magic) Sleigh

You win once the Santa's hold the majority or nothing can stop this from happening.

Melkor was overcome with traffic, he was:

Congratulations, you NORAD Tracks Santa, Christmas aligned.

CESIUM-NTS-screenshot6.jpg

Role: Tracker x2

The most visited website every Christmas (probably), you are the only sure fire way to know where Santa is and when. A powerful program that apparently has a geo tracking device firmly placed on santa's sleigh. Twice, you may target a player and find out exactly where they went (if anywhere) that night.

You win once all threats to Christmas are eliminated.

It is now day 4, with 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch, you have 50 hours. Merry Christmas!
There were the kills that followed.

These may not even be relevant; this is all just instinctual retrospection. I'm just not sure how to link it.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Also Suggest babe your grasping, this is the same knee jerk reaction Hime had in one game - she had sworn Nibel slipped and immediately voted him

If you really wanna win this game this is not the time to cling onto something that can't be verified as a slip until they flip scum
It's not a concrete reason

I don't read it as a slip, it felt like heavily fuelled sarcasm at the time and still does

Can you build a case for Magic? Or are you just going to spar with Flower?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Anyway zero confidence I'm heading into a cohesive direction given certain track records and manipulative capabilities

I have work at 12, we gonna make them big bucks today folks

Back