• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Spider-Man (Raimi) vs Wolverine (Fox)

OrlandoSky

Paramount

He actively holds the ship together for 10 seconds without getting ripped apart or letting go.

tbf He also had help from the multiple remaining web strands behind him keeping the ship together. Physically he held a portion of the ship's weight together for a time.

EDIT: You guys can watch the clip and see for yourselves if you don't believe me...you can literally see three of them behind him in the fraggin thumbnail :dank

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I’d side with Logan honestly

Guns are still threatening to all the live action Spidermen so it’s not like Logan is the only one who has jobbed to them :maybe

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
How does Logan not get webbed up and beat to shit or just straight up webbing shot down his gullet and nose to incapacitate him?

We already saw that cutting off his oxygen supply via drowning completely fucks him. Once Peter realizes that this guy can't be put down through conventional means, he's bound to get creative.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'd have to give it to Tobey btw, taking a pumpkin bomb to the dome is wild, especially when them same shits straight atomized some people
Pretty sure those were different Pumpkin Bombs

How does Logan not get webbed up and beat to shit or just straight up webbing shot down his gullet and nose to incapacitate him?

We already saw that cutting off his oxygen supply via drowning completely fucks him. Once Peter realizes that this guy can't be put down through conventional means, he's bound to get creative.
Why can’t he just rip Peter apart? Harry’s dagger that’s nowhere close to being as dangerous as Logan’s claws stabbed through him just fine

Why can’t he just rip Peter apart? Harry’s dagger that’s nowhere close to being as dangerous as Logan’s claws stabbed through him just fine

That would still require overpowering Peter and if Harry - Post Goblin Formula couldn't do that despite getting the drop on his with his dagger, the hell chance does Logan have?

Peter beat Harry's ass like nothing and I'm not even sure if the Venom Symbiote even boosted Peter at this point.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That would still require overpowering Peter and if Harry - Post Goblin Formula couldn't do that despite getting the drop on his with his dagger, the hell chance does Logan have?

Peter beat Harry's ass like nothing and I'm not even sure if the Venom Symbiote even boosted Peter at this point.

The Venom Symbiote boosts all of Peter’s stats. We know this because it boosted Topher Grace Eddie to being > Peter

CLGvTGZ.png

Harry is weaker than Peter, so if he can cut through an amped Peter then so can Logan. Peter has never been good against sharp things

The Venom Symbiote boosts all of Peter’s stats. We know this because it boosted Topher Grace Eddie to being > Peter

CLGvTGZ.png

Harry is weaker than Peter, so if he can cut through an amped Peter then so can Logan

Eh? Harry used the same Goblin Formula as his father but was able to deal with the side effects...
He should be no weaker than his pops so if anything, it just makes Tobey Spider-Man that much more stronger than basically handle The Green Goblin easier than that.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer

Because Peter is faster, has Spider Sense, has range with webbing, and is massively stronger than Logan. He literally webs him off from a far and ends the fight before it actually begins.

OrlandoSky

Paramount

Harry is weaker than Peter, so if he can cut through an amped Peter then so can Logan. Peter has never been good against sharp things
There's no indication that the symbiote gave Peter any kind of stat boost, it just made him more aggressive. Topher got a stat boost because the symbiote assimilated Peter's abilities like in the comics. Venom is essentially Normal Brock+Spider-Man's stats and abilities added to his own which is why he's slightly stronger. Physically he fought on par with Goblin Harry both pre and post symbiote and defeated him both times so any stat difference (if there was one) is imperceptibly low.

CLGvTGZ.png

Lol no. The venom symbiote didn’t give Peter any stat boots in either the initial comic run or the movie. It made him more bloodlusted.

It gave Eddie Peter’s powers. It was never shown Peter got stronger or faster.

Nope. They’re just generic pumpkin bombs. Same pumpkin bombs that blew up on Peter was the same that blew up on Harry’s Face and the same that completely desintegrated Eddie at the end.

Harry tanked it but got scarred
Peter tanked it but got disoriented and hurt
Oscorp Board Members got disintegrated
Eddie Brock without the Venom Suit got Desintegrated

Literally the logical conclusion here. It was shown that Peter > Harry >>>> Normal humans like Brock. Lines up perfectly with their individual feats.

Same reason why Peter constantly kicks logan’s ass in the comics despite Logan’s claws being able to hurt Heralds like The Thing and The Hulk?

Wolverine is going to sleep with one punch. Same he was knocked out by Sabertooth and such.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Lol no. The venom symbiote didn’t give Peter any stat boots in either the initial comic run or the movie. It made him more bloodlusted.

It gave Eddie Peter’s powers. It was never shown Peter got stronger or faster.

Amazing-Spider-Man-800-Red-Goblin-Marvel-comics-spoilers-7-e1527674461496.jpg

so-we-dont-know-how-the-symbiote-suit-works-yet-but-wouldnt-v0-yq7sb5d37qfb1.jpg

The Symbiote has always powered Peter up. They empower all their hosts. If you’re talking about Secret Wars, then the symbiote wasn’t even a thing yet

Nope. They’re just generic pumpkin bombs. Same pumpkin bombs that blew up on Peter was the same that blew up on Harry’s Face and the same that completely desintegrated Eddie at the end.

Harry tanked it but got scarred
Peter tanked it but got disoriented and hurt
Oscorp Board Members got disintegrated
Eddie Brock without the Venom Suit got Desintegrated

Literally the logical conclusion here. It was shown that Peter > Harry >>>> Normal humans like Brock. Lines up perfectly with their individual feats.

The effects are different from the other Pumpkin Bombs in this very scene, much less the rest of the movie (and later movies)

It caused a flash and turned them to skeletons without a single explosion or damage to the surrounding area. This is not a standard Pumpkin Bomb

The Symbiote has always powered Peter up. They empower all their hosts. If you’re talking about Secret Wars, then the symbiote wasn’t even a thing yet
You mean AFTER The Symbiote copied Spider-Man’s abilities and then developed more powers later on?

The fact that you literally pull the rug from under your own argument by admitting that since the symbiote wasn’t a thing yet

(which isn’t even true Secret Wars made it clear it was alien goo/symbiotic but venom wasn’t a thing but whatever)

and thus it initially didn’t boost his strength makes it pretty clear the initial comic runs that it didn’t boost him

Which is funny because even if you’re right, you’re not, that still doesn’t prove the symbiote boosted him in the movie, since the movie never even implied it and simply made him more agressive.

The effects are different from the other Pumpkin Bombs in this very scene, much less the rest of the movie (and later movies)

It caused a flash and turned them to skeletons without a single explosion or damage to the surrounding area. This is not a standard Pumpkin Bomb
Fam. Splitting hairs over special effects is weak asf

They’re the same pumpkin bomb. If you wanna be anal about it need I remind you that the same special effect used for Norman’s Pumpkin Bomb that hit Peter literally disintegrated Eddie too in Spider-Man 3, which is way more impressive than destroying everything except skeletons.

So when hit point blank with a pumpkin bomb, both Harry and Peter survive an explosion that has consistently shown to destroy normal humans in both Spider-Man 1 AND Spider-Man 3

They’re the same pumpkin bomb. If you wanna be anal about it need I remind you that the same special effect used for Norman’s Pumpkin Bomb that hit Peter literally disintegrated Eddie too in Spider-Man 3, which is way more impressive than destroying everything except skeletons.

So when hit point blank with a pumpkin bomb, both Harry and Peter survive an explosion that has consistently shown to destroy normal humans in both Spider-Man 1 AND Spider-Man 3

Like it's a truly weird hill to die on as there's no difference in the Pumpkin Bombs used against Harry, Peter nor Eddie and the Symbiote...
Like I can understand if he meant the one that turns the boardroom into skeletons but that was only used by NostalgiaFan and even then, would it matter considering what we've seen in Spider Man 3 and the rest of the trilogy?

Like it's a truly weird hill to die on as there's no difference in the Pumpkin Bombs used against Harry, Peter nor Eddie and the Symbiote...
Like I can understand if he meant the one that turns the boardroom into skeletons but that was only used by NostalgiaFan and even then, would it matter considering what we've seen in Spider Man 3 and the rest of the trilogy?
It’s ultimately splitting hairs. We’ve seen what pumpkin bombs do to people. Spider-Man 3 alone is enough to put the scailing in perspective that the bombs would destroy normal people.

Also lets not bullshit and say that pumpkin bomb in Spider-Man 1 was any different just because of special effects not being exactly the same. The narrative is pretty clear—pumpkin bomb goes boom and normal person is gone.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Here's how I see it with the Pumpkin Bombs. There are different effects they can do like when Goblin just wants to blow shit up for AOE attacks he will set them to explode with enough force to vaporize anyone in it's vicinity, and then when he just wants to kill some people he wants dead, like those board members who removed him from his company, he sets the bomb to disintegrating them with just their bones left. But in the end, like Solar pointed out, they do the same shit, vaporize people. I'd say the only real difference is that one is specially to kill one or several more people Norman just wants dead rather then for AOE attacks to take out larger groups of people or stronger opponents.

Throwing in my two cents:

Wolverine has the clear upper hand in melee(?), durability, resilience, and regeneration and the adamantium skeleton being a bitch.

Spiderman has the clear upper hand in strength, speed, agility, tactics, and the spider-sense giving him precognition in combat.

This feels like a speed vs durability type of match-up.

In a battle to the death or on attrition, Spiderman is probably unable to kill him for the most part and it all comes down to whether Wolverine can get lucky enough to decapitate Tobey if his throat happened to be close enough to be on the receiving end of his claw's reach to get slit. Otherwise, it would be a pretty prolonged stalemate until one of them gets tired and throws their hands up in the air.

In a battle based on incapacitation under normal circumstances, I think Spidey definitely has Wolverine beat more often than not in the short term at least. But not without a bloody ass fight.

Wolverine has the clear upper hand in melee(?), durability, resilience, and regeneration and the adamantium skeleton being a bitch.
If you are divorcing Wolverine’s durabiliy from his adamantium skeleton

That really stops wolvie from being more durable in general

Between the two, Peter’s tanked more damaging attacks with less injury. Meanwhile Wolverine always had to depend on his regeneration and skeleton.

The way I see it Pete has enough strength to knock him out, and his webs can restrain him

Back