• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Street Fighter: discussion, feats, and analysis

SF6 being marketed to more casual gamers is to be expected with how much they dumbed down V compared to 4, even if efforts were made later, a lot of the pros jumped ship because the ceiling in the game was really low.

SFV was really dumbed down but somehow, they marketed the game towards E-Sports which basically killed the games' momentum dead from the word go.
It was that which absolutely surprised the shit out of me.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
It wasn't marketing the game towards Esports that really killed it

It's the game having 0 depth once you really get ahold of the mechanics

At it's core it's just a really surface level game compared to stuff like 3S

For example, A lot of tekken's curve lies in how hard the game is to get into as a new player due to acclimatization period and having to grind out matchups vs the entire cast so you at least have rudimentary knowledge of what everyone does, but the reward for sticking with it is your fundamentals in tekken skyrocketing and your matchup knowledge being vast

In SFV's case you can hit training mode for a couple hours and be ready to hit the online because of how simplified everything is.

It's good that it's an accessible game, but it's bad because it alienates the higher level players once they see there's no real high ceiling to achieve in the game.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
this is so weird because myself and everyone I know enjoy 3rd Strike the most of any SF title, and we're all literal bottom tier players

my damn 10 year old nieces love 3rd Strike

you don't need to dumb down the games for them to appeal
They wanted it to be a game that anyone can pick up and play and have fun, and that's ok.

What's not ok was pmuch killing what motivates the high level players to stick with the game and grind it out to its highest levels

I think even a new high level faced to the scene, punk, said he hates playing SFV but he does it because the pots at the tourneys are good and he'd rather go play kusoge like Fighterzzzzzzzzzz

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I get the intent but in my experience as the exact target audience they're going for, you can already jump into 'more difficult' fighters just fine. The issue isn't that imo, the thing keeping newbies out is that they have no clue what they're doing

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I get the intent but in my experience as the exact target audience they're going for, you can already jump into 'more difficult' fighters just fine. The issue isn't that imo, the thing keeping newbies out is that they have no clue what they're doing
yeah the biggest barrier is time commited and willingness to just take the L's and grind it out to get better at it.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
capcom with that real char development for ryu, it took him 35 years to buy sandals and let a beard grow :wow

:mjlol

as for luke, what i can say, he is still ''cooler'' than the likes of lol kof shun ei, lmao

i like the 3D style, not to mention strong hip hop ost vibes also fit the series - check third strike

overall

i don't got my expectations high, third strike and alpha 3 are still the best sf games

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
So I'm thinking that G is literally the reason for the continents separating in the Street Fighter world.

Oro's quote against G:
  • "I don't know who you are, but you appear to be the manifestation of a natural disaster."
G's Critical Art is Pangaea Burst.

Pangaea obviously being the supercontinent in existence millions of years ago.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
called it months ago, that luke and sean = jamie would be the new ryu and ken

this style of aesthetics/ost just fit the series so much, finally, it will give kof15 an actual good fight, when it comes out

ps: aged sifu ryu [who is the next gen gouken levels] is still top tier levels, he even shoryuken's luke in the end of the trailer

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
So much shit
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...-aims-to-redefine-the-fighting-genre-in-2023/

https://streetfighter.com/6/en-us/

Notes: Timeline decently after SFV & SF3. Satsui no Hado gone from Ryu. Fully embraced Power of Nothingness. One of his moves channels it to buff his hadokens and new move.

Chun-Li no longer an Interpol agent. Teaches kung fu. The girl is the trailer that she kick-bonks is Li Fen. The little girl that Chun takes care of in SFV & starts training as a child in SF3. Li Fen is now a teenager.

Confirmed character list by Max and Daru so far:

Jamie
Ryu
Chun-Li
Luke
Blanka
Juri
Guile
Cammy
Dhalsim
E.Honda
Lily
Kimberly
Manon (?)
Ken (?) - Most likely as the entire original SF2 roster is now confirmed except him
Sean (?) - Makes sense

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
So more confirmed characters:

Akuma
Dee Jay
Ed
A.K.I (F.A.N.G's apprentice I'm assuming)
Rashid
Lily (Aztec club user)
JP
Marisa (Big woman in black and gold)
Mimi (Female Abel)

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
aepktwf8zb391.png

ken looks lit, looks like aged axel stone, but more fit and rocks that garou terry bogard jacket too

Back