• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Stormcloak camp in the Reach has (yep!) an alchemy table, with a soldier making potions (including health potions).
OI4fPcI.jpg

OWOAynL.jpg

v0oF9cL.jpg

iuCwGtg.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Savos Aren says that magic can be used to shape worlds and create and destroy life.
Dovahkin: What's the purpose of the College?
Savos Aren:
Purpose? I should think it's self-evident. Magic is a true power, not something to be shunned by commoners or treated as an amusing diversion by politicians. It shapes worlds, creates and destroys life... It deserves proper respect and study. The College is a place where we can focus on that, without the pressures of the world weighing down on us.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Jarl Igmund gives you a quest to fight some hagravens, but warns that none of his men have ever faced a Hagraven and lived.
Dovahkin: Do you have any more work for me?
Jarl Igmund:
I do. A personal matter. My father died trying to negotiate with the Forsworn, back when that was possible. They took his shield to those Hagraven beasts they consort with. I need you to bring it home where it belongs. I warn you, it's dangerous work. No man of mine has ever faced a Hagraven and lived. I'll understand if you decline.
If you decline he's not angry, and he says he understands perfectly.
Dovahkin: I'll pass on this one, then.
Jarl Igmund: I don't blame you.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
At the entrance of the ancient Nord tomb Volunruud (which you visit during the Dark Brotherhood quest The Silence Has Been Broken), you can find an Ancient Nord Battle Axe embedded into the stone.
R2vtnRM.jpg

3sYroiU.jpg

1JIBVtY.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Ancient Nord ruins are filled with still working mechanisms, such as stone doors which can be reset, and sliding stone puzzles, even after thousands of years.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yet another reference by third person omniscient to Apocrypha being infinite (and the Archives being just one of infinite libraries of Herma-Mora).

DISCOVER INFINITE ADVENTURE IN THE ENDLESS ARCHIVE​

Of all the infinite libraries of Hermaeus Mora’s realm, the archive is one of Apocrypha’s most mysterious secrets. However, a malevolent Daedra now threatens to corrupt everything collected within its myriad halls, and Master Malkhest, its custodian, needs your help confronting this strange new foe.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Do Dwarven Constructs have any baseline impressive durability ?

Or is it like fodder..not really, just specific ones ?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Do Dwarven Constructs have any baseline impressive durability ?

Or is it like fodder..not really, just specific ones ?
I can't recall anything for dwarven constructs overall (there was something about Dwemer Spiders that I might be not quite remembering), but all annimunculi would be immune to the effects of entropy due to the Dwemer manipulating the Earthbones.
Dwemer language is unknown, perhaps unknowable. Some Dwemer books, especially records dating from after the founding of Resdayn, were written in Aldmeris, making them accessible to modern scholars. However, even in Aldmeris, many Dwemer terms remain uncertain. As the books and other artifacts in Dwemer ruins rarely show signs of wear or age, I believe that the Dwemer knew of a preservative effect, perhaps a device still active which denies or controls the Earth Bones governing time and decay.
Dwemer Centurians do have feats of shattering stone, shaking their masters halls and bringing down large pillars (with sizes varying from about 3m tall to much higher).
Small mechanical spiders set upon me with rapid movements, and machines sprouted from the walls and uncurled from spheres into contraptions that rolled on top of gears for legs and crossbows for arms. I could not help but marvel at these single purpose machines built for the murder of men. My sword and my shield are my strength and I am undeterred by such things because I had heard of greater things that roam these depths, and indeed something else in these chambers stirred, and it echoed with massive weight. As it lumbered closer, its feet struck the ground as if walking on massive pistons and as it loomed out of darkness, I could see it clear for the first time, axe for one hand, hammer for the other, as tall as five men, made of dull bronze with a face molded in the image of its masters. A Steam Centurion. The stories were true, these were the guardians of the greatest dwarven treasures.

We fought, and the dwarves must truly be extinct because our battle was surely booming enough to wake the dead. It came at me with hammer and axe, inhuman strength and great fortitude, and a purpose of nothing but murder. I dodged as it crushed the stone around me with futile strikes and I thrust and slashed at it with my blade and took every opening afforded as we shook the halls with violence. I refuse to be undone by a machine.

Where the average man would be long dead, I stood over the husk of this dead automaton, its steam escaping like a final gasp. I could have taken the dwarven artifacts and metal but left them there for others, for I would not hex my journey with the possessions of dead men and maybe that is where countless others go wrong.
OXkU3f5.png

Dwemer Spheres can cannonball people.
But the time for discussing stratagems was later. Bashnag parried a whirling blade as the sphere span around, and returned with a huge overhead pummel, breaking off the machine’s crossbow arm. Fenrig was knocked back by a charged bolt from the retreating sphere, the attack coating his shield in the same writhing energy that had consumed our Orc. Seeing Fenrig wasn’t stopped, the sphere suddenly leapt into the air, contracted into a ball, and shot downwards at the ground. This crash sent Fenrig flying against the wall, but he landed lithely, and was back to a fierce sprint before the sphere had even finished expanding again. Subsequently, a dull-eyed metal head landed at my feet, still pulsing with strange, crackling light. Bashnag finally got back into the swing of things too, crushing his sphere under mace and boot, until he was politely asked to stop as Footfalls-in-Snow sifted through the debris.
Earlier from this same source, Dwemer Spiders scrape the stone with their legs.
But no draugr appeared. Instead, a circular shutter in the far wall expanded to reveal a hole, from which fell three metal carvings. They righted themselves, for these were animunculi: wolf-sized spiders constructed from metal and powered by magic, which Holgunn had mentioned. Sharp single claw toes scraped the stone, propping up a weighty central core with a rotating single eye (although Ingjard’s later examinations revealed it to be a crystalline power source of some kind). There was little time to ponder the mechanism of such contraptions, as the central Dwarven spider began crackling with purple arcs of shocking energy. Fenrig and the Argonian reached for their bows. The other spiders seemed to bathe in this static field. Then one scuttled forward, unnatural front claws stabbing Bashnag’s legs. It backed up, avoiding a pendulum-like mace swung from the off-kilter Orc, before slamming into the ground and exploding by Bashnag’s feet, who writhed in the lightning discharge before collapsing to the floor. Dead?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
From Kyne's Challenge, a giant strikes the ground with such force that the Grundvik Cold-Fist expects to see Fenrig flying through the clouds to a distant doom (a reference to giants ability to launch people in Skyrim).
Unhappy in the extreme, it lifted its colossal club, then dropped it into the heather, hitting the ground with such force I half expected Fenrig to be launched tumbling upwards, through the low clouds to a distant doom. But Fenrig was on the giant’s back, puncturing the pale side flesh and scrambling to the head. A final dagger unsheathed, Fenrig plunged it through the giant’s ear, and it fell forwards, dead before it struck the soil.
It is always worth mentioning that the giants don't send people flying by hitting them; they send people flying as a side effect of smashing the ground. This is clear by the explosions we see them make in-game when they smash the ground, and
Nh9VxBN.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
From Gathering Force: Arms and Armor, we see Gushagub Gro-Shugdurbam after slaying a giant (with the giant being several times his own size).
OXYgMdh.jpg
Gushagub favors the horrific wounding power of his two-handed axe, "Mauloch's Maw." He recently demonstrated its fortitude by bringing a giant to its knees with a leg severing that was as quick as it was horrific.
Not everyone can wear orcish armour, but orcs with their strength can bear it as they've been wearing this heavy armor since childhood.
If you are of a more dainty disposition, Orcish armor is not appropriate attire for you. I've seen a previously sturdy Argonian struggle into an Orc's thick plate, be struck about the face and nethers as he attempted to turn on his assailants, and collapse under the sheer weight of his protection. Even Nords fare little better, red checked and cursing after minutes of combat practice clad in this deluge of steel. But the Orc, who has worked with the tremendous weight of his armor since childhood and has the frame to carry it, shrugs off the chafing and immobility as just another hardship to endure.
Orcs are very fond of enchantments.
Though Orcs tend to shun magic, they stare at enchantments as a dog might at a roasted beef steak, mesmerized by pretty colors and the prospect of additional savagery to inflict.
Skegglund Stormcloak beheads and holds up a troll head, which is about half as big as he is.
FFbDEV9.png
One of the veteran guards in the walled city of Windhelm, Skegglund suffers neither fools nor trolls gladly. He hunts in furs and leathers; he donned his heaviest armor for this display of brutality in honor of Kyne the Sky Goddess.
Namasur At-Hamisam wiped out an entire contigent of several dozen skeletons
tQ9TmfA.jpg
When tracking the undead, Namasur the Ash'abah prefers light armor and flowing robes, but he occasionally dresses in the heavy ceremonial marine armor and wields the heavy scimitar of his youth, as this contingent of skeletons found at their cost.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Dwarven Dynastors are massive Dwemer Animunculi, designed to be carriers for cargo and other automations. The seem to be modelled after shalks.
Take the Dynastor, for instance. While I've never seen one of these giants in person, I've found several partial depictions. It's difficult to gauge the size with certainty based only on these renderings, but I'd wager they stand taller than a Dwarven Centurion and rival a Gold Coast trade wagon in length. Like other animunculi, it appears to mimic organic shapes—in this case, a horned behemoth-shalk. What I find most intriguing is the central machinery.
If I understand these schematics correctly, the Dynastor served as a carriage of sorts. Several Dwarven Spheres were housed in the central carapace. At the appropriate time, they would spring from a concealed chute and presumably operate in tandem to defeat whatever foe they encountered. The machinery seems dizzyingly complex, even by Dwarven standards.
The Dynastors were specifically designed for war, which makes historians ponder what kind of sub-terranian wars took place, and if the Dwemer build even bigger automations (ignoring of course the Numidium).
This all begs the question: Why did the Dwemer create such a machine? It seems clear to me that unlike other Dwarven servitors, the Dynastor was expressly created for warfare. The truth is we still know very little about the battles that raged beneath the surface of Tamriel prior to the eruption of Red Mountain. Even larger machines may still wander the ruins in search of Dumac's enemies. Hopefully, we can delve ever deeper and unravel even more of these ancient mysteries!
A sense of scale of how big Dwemer Dynastors can be.
kyF7gU4.jpg

04J0vPc.png

PT75GHk.png

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
The concept art of the Dwemer Colossus seen in Redguard shows is cracking stone below its feet.
Yeah, that;s why i was asking cuz Cyrus took down a dwarven colossus with just a sword and i wondered how good a feat it was.

But then he went and took down a fucking Dragon with a just a sword bathed in the Dragon's fire and i'm like...yeah...ok.

You can't kill an ogre without the help of environment but a dragon ? He goes down in three hits , at least that;s how many times i poked him.

You can't even pull the he got stronger card cause everything happens in the span of like one day and a half or some shit.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, that;s why i was asking cuz Cyrus took down a dwarven colossus with just a sword and i wondered how good a feat it was.

But then he went and took down a fucking Dragon with a just a sword bathed in the Dragon's fire and i'm like...yeah...ok.

You can't kill an ogre without the help of environment but a dragon ? He goes down in three hits , at least that;s how many times i poked him.

You can't even pull the he got stronger card cause everything happens in the span of like one day and a half or some shit.
TBF, you do need to use N'faliaargas's flames against it (without which the dragon is invincible). Plus Cyrus is the HoonDing (or his sword is the HoonDing), which would give him an advantage.
JKkzfop.png

This is the same dragon who in Elsweyr Online survives an island exploding at ground zero (seemingly unscathed too).

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
TBF, you do need to use N'faliaargas's flames against it
Yeah, that softens the blow but i don't buy that his sword which is not really special in any way would even be able to not melt down once bathed in the Dragon's flame. And again, this comes hours after he can't kill an ogre without using the environment against him.

Plus Cyrus is the HoonDing (or his sword is the HoonDing), which would give him an advantage.
I'm pretty sure the game implies that A'tor's sword is the Hoonding since it's the thing that holds his soul. Cyrus gets the sword after he kills the Dragon and it is indeed stronger than his normal sword .

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
ESO and TES VI are 'set on the same world in the same universe,' though Zenimax is working closely with the TES VI team to make sure there's no contradictions or double ups.
“Michael’s job is to make sure that the crazy that we come up with can fit, and stay within the Elder Scrolls universe,” Lambert said. “A lot the team are passionate about Elder Scrolls but there’s just so much to understand – so that’s his job. He does a lot of the writing for us, but his main focus is just keeping things on the rails. If we have a concern, he’s generally the guy that knows, or at least can interpret how it could or should fit in the lore.”

As for The Elder Scrolls 6, Lambert says that both teams are currently working “closely – because [they’re] still set in the same world, and the same universe” although they are “very separate teams.”

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I've found at least two more examples of swords embedded in stone in Skyrim (though as to their locations I'm afraid I can't say where). At least one of which is a common sword. All credit to the people who originally found these.

VQIxVo9.png

RCQHGgF.png

Back